devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788476 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2013, 03:52:57 AM »
I'm bored, so I thought about writing texts for Rest depending on traits. You know, Nerd reading a book, Nymphomaniac having some fun with herself and so on. Any objections or notes?

Nope, definitely no objections. As for notes, I don't have any unless you're planning to code those into the game yourself.

Actually, maybe a note: remember that you can use any element of the game since we are not doing this through xml. Meaning any condition, like girl's rank, status, if brothel has a garden, if there is another girl in the same brothel or your employment and so on.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:19:12 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »
By the way, if anyone has some free time, we need to rework girlpack images and girl's xml files a bit. This is not a difficult task, especially for those who like hunting for pictures.

@CW: If you're still doing girlmeets, keep doing that, it's more important right now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:51:58 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2013, 04:59:08 AM »
I guess I have free time, I have nothing to do at work right now anyway  :)
What do you mean by rework?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2013, 06:00:04 AM »
I think there is a bit misunderstanding about girlmeets. I'm not "doing" them. I'm not adding anything anywhere.
I like the simple simbro1x system with one introduction line and responses to player action (actually even simpler then simbro, because we agreed to not voice the player at all). My only concern was to get larger selection of those lines, to better match personalities and traits. But even after a week, I don't know what best approach would be... (and it's still only text, I don't even touch dates and gifts)

I'd like to help (but I think I'm more of use on girlpacks), but if you really want something from me to be done on girlmeets, I'm sorry, but you must explain me exactly what there's need to be done.  :(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »
I guess I have free time, I have nothing to do at work right now anyway  :)
What do you mean by rework?

You're already doing trait texts for rest jobs. That is also important for the project. + messing with pics while at work might not be the best idea...

Adding Ino, Temari, Tsunade, Anko etc. from Naruto would not hurt...

What is needed for data.xml files:

Adding relevant traits and traitblocks for girl that we have.
Adding origin = "Naruto" (Or whatever Game/Anime girl comes from)
Editing occupation for girl in the city to something relevant to the game (like ServiceGirl, Prostitute, Warrior, Stripper and so on at least for now)
Making sure all slaves are in the market, there seems to be one running around in the city somewhere right now.

What is needed for pics:

We need specific picture descriptions (like not just blowjob category, also bj_deep, bj_titjob, bj_lickjob and so on), same for sex (sex_69, sex_doggy, sex_got (girl on top, rest for example, rest_onsen, rest_garden and so on). I don't want to use these as separate jobs but as parts of jobs we have to match with texts. Also this is for the future, I want to add "skills" in WM version that rate from 1 - 20. Skills will be more specific (deepthroat, lickjob, 69 and so on). max of 5 could be learned in schools, max of 5 while doing jobs or selftraining and 10 through personal training or hiring slavetrainer/master. Basically Valet Pletej/SM style. These skills will add to girl's price (significant amount) if she's slave and to her earnings while performing jobs. Same thing will be done to service skills, dancing, singing and so on.

We need new categories as well:

For schools:
dance
maid
etiquette
etc.

For Jobs:
club (waitress)
bar???

For events:
mast (mastrubation)

Another thing: This is something I've always wanted to do: Picture specific events. There are awesome pics available on the net, we need to choose only the best quality pics for this but for example:

Pics like these are f%cking begging to be next day resting events if all girls involved are in the same brothel and two of them are resting at the same time (inviting the other girl/girls to go play somewhere):

Not just for rest, but high quality pics for other jobs as well, accompanied by texts as job/rest events that activate only on certain conditions. If while searching for pics, something like this pops up and just seems perfect, collect these pics and I'll code events for them during jobs performance based on ANY conditions (Like traits, statuses, locations, jobs, multiple girls and so on).

PS: Keep in mind that the more categories like bj_deep or rest_garden, the better, I'll make sure they fall down if not available like domino's to simpler forms. But if they are available, we should use them... we're trying to make a next gen SimBrothel/WM after all :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2013, 06:45:28 AM »
I think there is a bit misunderstanding about girlmeets. I'm not "doing" them. I'm not adding anything anywhere.
I like the simple simbro1x system with one introduction line and responses to player action (actually even simpler then simbro, because we agreed to not voice the player at all). My only concern was to get larger selection of those lines, to better match personalities and traits. But even after a week, I don't know what best approach would be... (and it's still only text, I don't even touch dates and gifts)

I'd like to help (but I think I'm more of use on girlpacks), but if you really want something from me to be done on girlmeets, I'm sorry, but you must explain me exactly what there's need to be done.  :(

Just work like I do... start with simple texts and disposition mods. I'll add a bar representing disposition like in SimBro to the top of the screen during girlmeets later. It is impossible to do the entire thing right on the first try... Take 'whore' job design as an example, I've started with adding a sex pic, one line of text and mod of relevant sex stat three month ago. Today we have checks for refusals, multiple text choices, modding of many relevant stats, strip job performance effecting how client behaves on whore job (if there was a strip job and client attended it), complex wage system, house percentage income split and so on... Rome wasn't built in a day :) Just start with basics, learn new stuff, expand on it...

Edit:

If you decide to take care of packs, post girls you're working on here so noone does the same job twice.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:29:26 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »
Ok, I'll write what I have about girlmeets and what I was thinking about so we could decide what is useful and what is not and I start adding those in game (I upload file about that when I get home).

Also I look what I have for 3 naruto girls in my folder, because I still have resource images for them somewhere.
I also have 9 sailor senshi girls and two another in half-done state (I have pics but they still need about six days of sorting and editing).

However I must say I'm not sure about your plans with pictures. While it sounds nice, from my experience there are only a handful of girls with that variety of hentai pics. Actually even the service job is a hard one for less then top popular girls... and do we really need a masturbation? What is that good for in gameplay?

But hey, picture based events are the best. I'm already collecting these for my girls... but I always though about them as a part of unique girlpacks, you know, the modder part of things and not something to mention in development  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2013, 07:45:42 AM »
I don't have any unless you're planning to code those into the game yourself.
Sadly, the language I use (Delphi) has very different syntax. I can read you code mostly, but to write it myself is a bad idea, unless you feel like cleaning others' mistakes for hours.

You're already doing trait texts for rest jobs. That is also important for the project. + messing with pics while at work might not be the best idea...
Alright, then I will finish texts first. Don't worry about pics, people must standing behind me to see what I'm doing, and the only door in my sight. Almost all packs I've ever made are done at work  :D

Adding Ino, Temari, Tsunade, Anko etc. from Naruto would not hurt...
I would prefer to add Xenosaga and Persona girls first, but if Cherry or someone else doesn't have enough time for looking for more Naruto pics, sure, why not.

Adding relevant traits and traitblocks for girl that we have.
"Traitblocks"? Do you mean blocks of traits, or blocked traits, or something else?  :)
Besides, since it's up to you to add all traits into code, maybe you need to view traits file and delete those you don't like/want?

Not just for rest, but high quality pics for other jobs as well, accompanied by texts as job/rest events that activate only on certain conditions. If while searching for pics, something like this pops up and just seems perfect, collect these pics and I'll code events for them during jobs performance based on ANY conditions (Like traits, statuses, locations, jobs, multiple girls and so on).

PS: Keep in mind that the more categories like bj_deep or rest_garden, the better, I'll make sure they fall down if not available like domino's to simpler forms. But if they are available, we should use them... we're trying to make a next gen SimBrothel/WM after all
Well, if you say so. Personally, I think all this is way too much for the one single coder, but if you want it, you will get it  8)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #383 on: February 25, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »
However I must say I'm not sure about your plans with pictures. While it sounds nice, from my experience there are only a handful of girls with that variety of hentai pics. Actually even the service job is a hard one for less then top popular girls... and do we really need a masturbation? What is that good for in gameplay?

Will fall back to profile otherwise. I made girlpacks myself for WM, there are plenty of pictures for many girls for a lot of categories, I just want to make sure pics fit texts as much as possible. Also game will include girls from high profile shows or with large amount of written content, those that come from high profile shows come with massive amount and variety of pictures.

Mast will be useful, all categories will be useful.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:32:22 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2013, 08:45:26 AM »
Sadly, the language I use (Delphi) has very different syntax. I can read you code mostly, but to write it myself is a bad idea, unless you feel like cleaning others' mistakes for hours.

I'll do it myself, I code this stuff really fast if base is ready.

I would prefer to add Xenosaga and Persona girls first, but if Cherry or someone else doesn't have enough time for looking for more Naruto pics, sure, why not.

You guys figure it out...

"Traitblocks"? Do you mean blocks of traits, or blocked traits, or something else?  :)
Besides, since it's up to you to add all traits into code, maybe you need to view traits file and delete those you don't like/want?

What do you mean "add to the code"? I'll add job checks, event checks relevant to traits, that is my task. Code that APPLIES traits effects to a girl, removes temp traits after the time expires and so on has been ready for a long time (like a month or something).

So what I mean, is that traits girls start with need to be added to girl's data.xml file. Also you can block certain traits PERMANENTLY for a girl in the same file. How it's done is somewhere in history of this thread.

I do not want to remove any of the traits you've created...

Well, if you say so. Personally, I think all this is way too much for the one single coder, but if you want it, you will get it  8)

I can handle it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
What do you mean "add to the code"? I'll add job checks, event checks relevant to traits, that is my task.
That's what I mean. Several checks and events for every single trait and who knows what else in the future. So right now you can make your life easier by removing traits you don't like  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:58:48 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #386 on: February 25, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
That's what I mean. Several checks and events for every single trait and who knows what else in the future. So right now you can make your life easier by removing traits you don't like  :)

Ok, I just took a look at them and I don't want to remove a single one... actually if I wasn't busy I would have started adding those to the jobs :D

Also, not all traits MUST have active effects, some can just mod stats and describe girl's personality or be used in events and dialogues. We'll only make the most straight to the point checks for the Alpha version and keep building on that! Dawdler for example, will have 50% chance to waste extra AP while doing service jobs :P

In any case, there is not one trait in the list that I would consider being out of place. Maybe we'll have to re-balance some traits in the future but they all remain. Job well done!
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #387 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
 ok, for packs, I rename and upload what I already have for sakura/tenten/hinata, but I will not do anything else for them or add other naruto girls for now. I never actually seen more then 5 episodes of naruto, so I'm not really confident about it and also someone else will have to do the girl files.
I'm not familiar with persona either, so I gladly leave all of them to DarkTl.

But I offer to help with quest .pngs for any girl, because that involves more photoshoping then usual.

I'll help with Haruhi (maybe Tifa) if she'll be still untouched about time I get somewhere with girlmeets. But that can take a while so I'm not picking anyone now.
...geez, I would like to add girls, but It usually takes me about 3 full days of work to get pictures for one, and there's also so much other interesting things to do with so little time...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »
ok, for packs, I rename and upload what I already have for sakura/tenten/hinata, but I will not do anything else for them or add other naruto girls for now. I never actually seen more then 5 episodes of naruto, so I'm not really confident about it and also someone else will have to do the girl files.
I'm not familiar with persona either, so I gladly leave all of them to DarkTl.

But I offer to help with quest .pngs for any girl, because that involves more photoshoping then usual.

I'll help with Haruhi (maybe Tifa) if she'll be still untouched about time I get somewhere with girlmeets. But that can take a while so I'm not picking anyone now.
...geez, I would like to add girls, but It usually takes me about 3 full days of work to get pictures for one, and there's also so much other interesting things to do with so little time...

You need a system... I made girlpacks much faster than that :)

PS: You have one Hinata pic under profile happy, where she looks really happy... but has been recently stabbed in the head with a sharp object... get rid of that :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
If you want i can upload the rest of my pics for the haruhi girls - haven't really worked on those, you could probably find some more new pics on gelbooru.
I just threw that pack for haruhi up to see if I could make something for the prototype and simply scavenged a half done wm pic pack I had lying around for it.
We will probably need to adjust her character significantly to fit the game though (for events and stuff).