devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788584 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
If you want i can upload the rest of my pics for the haruhi girls - haven't really worked on those, you could probably find some more new pics on gelbooru.
I just threw that pack for haruhi up to see if I could make something for the prototype and simply scavenged a half done wm pic pack I had lying around for it.
We will probably need to adjust her character significantly to fit the game though (for events and stuff).

What we need are:

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Oh My Goddess
Fairly Tail
Code Geass
DBZ
Eva
FF
FMA

I have not watched all these series but they all should have great variety of pics and were downloaded the most in AGL (Based on over 100 000 downloads). I may have forgot a few but these must be unconditionally present on release... If anyone wants to add others, no problem as long as you can cover the pics base, but this list should be covered!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
Who would have thought it's so hard to think up more than one good event per trait, especially for undistinguished traits (like Silly, but still not Retarded). It takes about 4 hours to write it for 10 traits. I'll try to cover at least 15 traits per day, that means I need about 5 days to complete it. Hopefully it will become easier in the future, when I'll get used to it.

What we need are:
Well, I'm familiar with Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. If by Eva you mean Evangelion, and by FF and FMA you mean Final Fantasy and Fullmetal Alchemist, then I'm familiar with them too.
However, even with Future and Lurker packs on the hands, it means a lot of work (=a lot of time) for just me and CherryWood. I'm not complaining, just warning you.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »
Boring!  :o :D
But if we aim for popularity then ok...
Because most of these are action stuff, I'm sure Haruhi is good, because she is popular and represent different kind of anime.
Also everything on that list is kinda old... I really suggest to add something that is popular and new (but old enough to have pictures), for example I wouldn't go without:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
And this should be a popularity list and Miku and touhou is not here? What happened?  ??? :D

You need a system... I made girlpacks much faster than that :)
You are probably not a perfectionist picture-freak like me  :) 
PS: You have one Hinata pic under profile happy, where she looks really happy... but has been recently stabbed in the head with a sharp object... get rid of that :D
Ok, I removed that blood... but I though it was cute  :)

I put a textfile about girlmeet dialogues in my folder. But I'm still kinda clueless...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
Who would have thought it's so hard to think up more than one good event per trait, especially for undistinguished traits (like Silly, but still not Retarded). It takes about 4 hours to write it for 10 traits. I'll try to cover at least 15 traits per day, that means I need about 5 days to complete it. Hopefully it will become easier in the future, when I'll get used to it.

We need more than one?

Well, I'm familiar with Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. If by Eva you mean Evangelion, and by FF and FMA you mean Final Fantasy and Fullmetal Alchemist, then I'm familiar with them too.
However, even with Future and Lurker packs on the hands, it means a lot of work (=a lot of time) for just me and CherryWood. I'm not complaining, just warning you.

Plenty of time. We're not in any hurry, I am only managing to make significant code advancements on weekends, at least during the week we can discuss some aspects of the game.

Also making so many packs right now would be premature, there will be changes and more girls means extra work. I just need a full naruto pack for testing purposes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
We need more than one?
Sure thing, at least two. With random selection, naturally. Some with general purposes, others for high reputaion or within a garden, if you have one. You can't expect from a healthy Nerd reading a book every damn time, can you?  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

...... .. .. . .. . . . . .. . .... .. .... .. ....

Ok, I removed that blood... but I though it was cute  :)

Unless you want me to throw in a text like: She took a break to get hit on the head and spit blood. She is really happy now! we can safely award her with a retarded trait after that  ::)
Like what we're doing?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
Ok looked over the game a bit:
Is it really necessary to have the "She received %d Gold as payment and has split it with you (you get %d %%)." in every if clause of the whore job?
Besides that I went through a lot of the whoring and fixed some typos and tried making some of the sentences flow better. I still have to go through acts other than straight sex before I am done (I would like to have different sentences for the different acts), but I am pretty tired already so I will have to do that later.

I also changed the text of the training menu a bit.

Also made some changes to the UI in the girl profile screen again since I had some small formatting issues.
The alternating text colors in the stats part are supposed to make the data easier to read - not sure if I like how it turned out though.
I personally like the centered name and new placement of location, class and action though.
(on the matter of this screen: wouldn't it make sense to hide info that hasn't anything to do with her class? (There still should be a button there to show the info))

I think I found a bug too: A slave (TenTen) I used as service worker always has two entries in the next day screen. I haven't tried reproducing this yet with another girl but have dropped the savegame into my folder anyway if you want to have a look.

What we need are:
I am sadly not familiar enough with any of these to be of any help, sorry.
Distantly related to this I would like to ask how many girls we have that are service workers.
Also another thing I noticed is that some of the girls you can meet in the city right now are slaves - something that we should change I think.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
Sure thing, at least two. With random selection, naturally. Some with general purposes, others for high reputaion or within a garden, if you have one. You can't expect from a healthy Nerd reading a book every damn time, can you?  :D

The more the merrier I guess. Also we'll throw dice, there is no point in having a trait related message every day...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Ok looked over the game a bit:
Is it really necessary to have the "She received %d Gold as payment and has split it with you (you get %d %%)." in every if clause of the whore job?

Not at all, some of that is left from testing purposes.

Besides that I went through a lot of the whoring and fixed some typos and tried making some of the sentences flow better. I still have to go through acts other than straight sex before I am done (I would like to have different sentences for the different acts), but I am pretty tired already so I will have to do that later.

Prolly to early for this, this might change many times.

I also changed the text of the training menu a bit.

Also made some changes to the UI in the girl profile screen again since I had some small formatting issues.
The alternating text colors in the stats part are supposed to make the data easier to read - not sure if I like how it turned out though.
I personally like the centered name and new placement of location, class and action though.
(on the matter of this screen: wouldn't it make sense to hide info that hasn't anything to do with her class? (There still should be a button there to show the info))

Looks good, screen will be reworked many times over I expect. We'll add that stuff later.

I think I found a bug too: A slave (TenTen) I used as service worker always has two entries in the next day screen. I haven't tried reproducing this yet with another girl but have dropped the savegame into my folder anyway if you want to have a look.

I'll run a test of service job but you can get 5 - 6 entries from one girl, it's a complex job...

I am sadly not familiar enough with any of these to be of any help, sorry.
Distantly related to this I would like to ask how many girls we have that are service workers.
Also another thing I noticed is that some of the girls you can meet in the city right now are slaves - something that we should change I think.

I've asked the crew to rework the files.  Game will check stuff like this on the start in the future, I haven't gotten around to that part of the code yet.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
I put a textfile about girlmeet dialogues in my folder. But I'm still kinda clueless...

I've read your file but I am not entirely sure about personality types, simply because girls do not have personality types in the game right now and that is to much work.

I suggest just simpler approach. One, maybe two generic responses with a random chance for a response based on traits. You are starting to broad, simple generic responses first, rest later...

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #400 on: February 25, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
I've read your file but I am not entirely sure about personality types, simply because girls do not have personality types in the game right now and that is to much work.

I suggest just simpler approach. One, maybe two generic responses with a random chance for a response based on traits. You are starting to broad, simple generic responses first, rest later...
There can be just trait's i didn't mean something with that. We already have a Shy trait and Kind trait and Meek trait... I just add a few and we can later simply write into modders guide "this is a trait that have girlmeet lines" or something.

Your suggestion is good, but I have done it in reversal... I already have lines and I want to put them somewhere. Because I'm not a native english speaker, It would take me to much time to do it in "normal" way.

----------------
This is for all who will work on pictures. Can we please create a file with names all picture categories whoever will use? We already have a lot of them and with all of these new suggested, It started to be a bit confusing for me...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »

You're right, Service job is f^cked up. I'll take a look at it before I fall asleep tonight. I've also added a translation function for location so it reports actual name of the brothel instead of an id and if girl is not in any room, it will report Outside for now.

=========================
Edit:

LoL

Thanks for noticing the bug, I just spent 10 minutes staring at the method like an idiot. Then it actually occurred to me: script that decides which service job to run should break out of service method if no costumers remain, instead of just removing the girl from working list :D

Service job can be run many times for the same girl, one girl can bar-tend, clean and serve tables all in one day. At least now it works as intended.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:20:12 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
There can be just trait's i didn't mean something with that. We already have a Shy trait and Kind trait and Meek trait... I just add a few and we can later simply write into modders guide "this is a trait that have girlmeet lines" or something.

Your suggestion is good, but I have done it in reversal... I already have lines and I want to put them somewhere. Because I'm not a native english speaker, It would take me to much time to do it in "normal" way.

----------------
This is for all who will work on pictures. Can we please create a file with names all picture categories whoever will use? We already have a lot of them and with all of these new suggested, It started to be a bit confusing for me...

I don't want modders messing with girlsmeets unless it is for specific girls. If someone outside of dev team offers better options, I'll be happy to throw those in, otherwise modders should mod girls, not main game elements.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
I don't want modders messing with girlsmeets unless it is for specific girls. If someone outside of dev team offers better options, I'll be happy to throw those in, otherwise modders should mod girls, not main game elements.
maybe stripped down version of girlmeet screen that can be copied to girl script to simulate that?
...but lets leave that for later.

I can already add a lot of responses based only on one trait and leave thinking about how to handle combinations of traits for later (or do it your way later). When you will have time, throw a simple example of one at me and I start filling.
Thank you for your time

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
maybe stripped down version of girlmeet screen that can be copied to girl script to simulate that?
...but lets leave that for later.

I can already add a lot of responses based only on one trait and leave thinking about how to handle combinations of traits for later (or do it your way later). When you will have time, throw a simple example of one at me and I start filling.
Thank you for your time

LoL

Here is an example of running into a girl with retarded trait:

I don't know how I would do it. I would prolly start with something small and built on it like I always do. I cannot really do one girlmeet for you because I would make most basic forms of  allgirlsmeets first, then as ideas would pop into my head, expand, expand and expand... it's a process with me, I am not a professional programmer so I almost never get these things right on the first try.

Anyway, there is a file pyt - screens - girlsmeets - labels.rpy in game's library folder in dropbox. All girlsmeets go there. If you have any questions, throw them at me tomorrow. I need some sleep.

PS: I know I've misspelled concern but it has been a hectic day, it's one a.m. and I am not English native speaker either :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:50:59 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?