Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788498 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
I like Impersonal, added.
you wouldn't let a girl with such a limited understanding of 'organics' as your rest text implies near customers
Why? That would be a great event  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2013, 01:02:47 PM »
I like Impersonal, added.Why? That would be a great event  :D

LoL

I've unpacked .rpa. We can use construct Lightning spell based on that. Maybe more, we'll see.

========================================
Damn, been helping a relative to restore part of the wall infected by mold. Breathed in to many chems and I am fairly sure that I'm tripping... Going to get some air and then write 100 lines of code (I am actually wondering what that code will look like on fresh head tomorrow morning...) And I can't stop watching those damn dice flying around the screen  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:13:35 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #527 on: March 07, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Any suggestion about androids occupations? Most of them don't have strict moral principles (or any principles at all), more or less obedient and fight well too, so they are pretty much universal in terms of jobs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #528 on: March 07, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
Any suggestion about androids occupations? Most of them don't have strict moral principles (or any principles at all), more or less obedient and fight well too, so they are pretty much universal in terms of jobs.

I suggest finishing with base code for advanced logic first and take care of that later...

=========================================
Ok, Almost 2 am but this time I can actually see some of the progress :)

There is new report on next day, kind of girl's personal report. It will be used in the future a lot I expect... Basically it checks and applies wage effects, does some basic stuff if girl has some AP left, counts for how many days girl's been working for you, logs in girls income/spending and so on... I've debugged it to the point where it no longer crashes the game as far as I can tell so this weekend I'll see if I can add new frames that give us a hint of finances...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:54:44 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #529 on: March 08, 2013, 03:12:04 AM »
I suggest finishing with base code for advanced logic first and take care of that later...
Very well. I'll go play something instead of creating packs then  8)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: March 08, 2013, 04:02:56 AM »
Very well. I'll go play something instead of creating packs then  8)

Or you could create packs and just use occupation randomly  ???

Just kidding, have fun playing "something".
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #531 on: March 08, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
One of the things I learned from my attempts to create the intro is punishability of initiative in this project without comprehensive, thorough consideration with dev team. I won't make this mistake again.
Usualy I have enough free time to create at least 1-2 packs per day, so I'd rather wait until we clarify all the details than make a lot of incorrect packs on my own. Naruto packs were for testing purposes, after all.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #532 on: March 08, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »
That's good...
I tried again, but I'm just not able to create a girl in less then about 8 hours... I will probably not have basic form of NGE pack ready before next weekend.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:34:44 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #533 on: March 08, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »
How many sources you use for packs? I use 6 right now, including google (great for profile pics, really).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #534 on: March 08, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »
8 hours is to long... especially at this stage where you cannot test most of this properly.

In any case, I was to busy today for coding but I'll try to put 4 - 5 hours into the project tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #535 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
Quick update:

Downtimes on .uni.me are getting more and more troubling. Practically not a week goes by without them and last one lasted almost 24 hours instead of usual 2 - 6...

In any case, I wrapped up some logic and coded in checks on traits Dark wrote for rest act. Couple of bug fixes as well. I'll try to get girls and brothels basic finances displayed tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2013, 09:21:56 AM »
First prototype of Finance screen are ready:

Totals over the duration of the game comes next... (Done)

Will be adding one to Brothel as well.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:53:35 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Drinflo

« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »
Hello, I quite like the looks of the game so I thought I should drop this reply. If you still need writers (as in text and not code) I would be more than willing to help. I am also a bit experienced with xml code (do not expect too much out of me). If you still need a writer and wouldn't mind a first time poster I would be glad to help in any way I can. ^^

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »
Hello, I quite like the looks of the game so I thought I should drop this reply. If you still need writers (as in text and not code) I would be more than willing to help. I am also a bit experienced with xml code (do not expect too much out of me). If you still need a writer and wouldn't mind a first time poster I would be glad to help in any way I can. ^^

We're always in need of extra hands!

Figure out what you want to write, there are many options, just start with something and submit your writing, I'll code it into the game as time permits:

Possibilities:

- Girls interactions. Basically chats/actions with girls and girl's replying to you based on their traits and stats.

- Design NPC characters. Like in Otherworld or SlaveMaker. They should have their own personalities, interact and maybe give out some form of quests. Events with those NPC's and maybe unlocking something new in game after finishing those events.

- Writing scenarios, like date in the park scenario or something similar.

Also if you're serious about helping us out, you need to familiarize yourself with game, like stats, conditions, traits and so on.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #539 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:03 AM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

One thing is to "brag" that RenPy can do it, other is to manage to actually do it for the first time :)

Fin screen now beautifully "slides" from out of screen bounds and disappears the same way when you close it!
Like what we're doing?