Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352052 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #615 on: March 19, 2015, 01:03:21 AM »
No it doesn't, we discussed this. There should be no items in the game that can change girls personality.
Yet you can easily make such an item, even though it should not be possible. I'm talking about third party items mostly, we already have plenty of them btw.

There are three types of permanent traits: constitution (from lolita to manly), boobs (from small to large) and personality.
Constitution and boobs traits should be 100% permanent, and personality should only be changed via scripted events.

So we probably need a new field for traits, like "permanent" or something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #616 on: March 19, 2015, 01:45:35 AM »
Yet you can easily make such an item, even though it should not be possible. I'm talking about third party items mostly, we already have plenty of them btw.

There are three types of permanent traits: constitution (from lolita to manly), boobs (from small to large) and personality.
Constitution and boobs traits should be 100% permanent, and personality should only be changed via scripted events.

So we probably need a new field for traits, like "permanent" or something.

It's fine the way it is working now. We'll leave instructions for modders and I'll block personality trait removal.

I am trying to add BE to Arena but there seem to be a lot of errors in it... will prolly take the whole evening tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #617 on: March 19, 2015, 04:27:17 AM »
Well, the possibility of items capable to remove boobs (ie remove all boobs traits without adding any) seems even more terrifying to me  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #618 on: March 19, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
Oh god. I cannot even launch the game after your last push  :D
While parsing D:\Pytfall\RenPy\Pytfall/game/library/initialization.rpy.
ScriptError: Name u'test_be' is defined twice, at game/library/be/labels.rpy:1 and game/library/pytfall - battle-engine.rpy:1.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
Oh god. I cannot even launch the game after your last push  :D

Delete all rpyc files, you have old compiled files.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »
More sad news. Hinata has all existing items, but now she is a free girl somehow, and she refuses to cooperate and equip items that I need to test :'(
I mean in the dev mode.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »
More sad news. Hinata has all existing items, but now she is a free girl somehow, and she refuses to cooperate and equip items that I need to test :'(

I disabled that until Thewlis returns and needs girls for ST testing (couldn't test slaves for combat in the Arena). You can always: char["Hinata"].status = "slave" in the console OR equip directly from MC, there is always that option, you just need to click on MC button in girls equipment screen.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »
There is one inconvenient thing in the current gui. You can scroll with the mouse wheel traits, effects, attacks and spells. But you cannot scroll skills list, even though it's huge. Instead it will change the selected character.
Unless you are going to hide the list eventually, making skills more or less invisible.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:40 AM »
There is one inconvenient thing in the current gui. You can scroll with the mouse wheel traits, effects, attacks and spells. But you cannot scroll skills list, even though it's huge. Instead it will change the selected character.
Unless you are going to hide the list eventually, making skills more or less invisible.

I prolly didn't make that viewport scrollable, will take a look at that later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2015, 11:37:17 AM »
It seems that skillmax works in a strange way. I tried Maid Fairy with skillmax reduced to 10 (to not wait for 80 turns). Right now Hinata has 29 act. service and 10.15 true service. So even though the Maid Fairy increases act. service, the game checks true service.

Are you sure it's ok? Because it probably will be used as exploit.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »
It seems that skillmax works in a strange way. I tried Maid Fairy with skillmax reduced to 10 (to not wait for 80 turns). Right now Hinata has 29 act. service and 10.15 true service. So even though the Maid Fairy increases act. service, the game checks true service.

I'll take a look, maybe there is a mess up in code someplace.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »
Items don't see each other. If you equip maid fairy with service +20 per day and some testing item with "service": [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0, 0] that is supposed to increase training speed a lot, it still will be +20 per day. Is it intentional?

Or maybe multipliers don't work yet.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:00:19 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
I pushed new wrists json.

It's possible to equip Devil Arms and get +20 max health. But you don't get +10 max Vitality after equipping Wristbands of Power.
And tt's possble to have negative attack and defence after equipping Pacifist's Armlet.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »

It's possible to equip Devil Arms and get +20 max health. But you don't get +10 max Vitality after equipping Wristbands of Power.
And tt's possble to have negative attack and defence after equipping Pacifist's Armlet.

Noted, I am looking at BE atm, this will have to wait.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #629 on: March 22, 2015, 03:33:56 AM »

It is only visible in dev mode, we're discussed this but I've added the mousewheel. Skills will not be reported as numbers if reported at all during gameplay. Hints will be available during jobs/events/quests or if that doesn't work out, we'll add true skills only.

Yeap, it's ok. I wrote my thoughts on this and it is working as intended. Multies do work during gameplay.

Items don't see each other. If you equip maid fairy with service +20 per day and some testing item with "service": [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0, 0] that is supposed to increase training speed a lot, it still will be +20 per day. Is it intentional?

Or maybe multipliers don't work yet.

It's intentional. (same as above)

Fixed, lvl max was capped at 300 for vitality and it's a fixed stat (max cannot be increased). Now it should work.
Like what we're doing?