devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1024901 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 07:03:55 AM »
they already exist but there are so many packs for WM that finding 'New' girls is a task in itself.
Any help would be great and yea it would be a task lol.  I have like 900 girls so yea I know its hard to find new ones.  I'm not saying they have to be new but I prefer if they are got a few I'm going make, maybe they don't make as much sense as arena girls but hey I've been sitting on them for 6 months or more so might as well use them for this.  I actually made tekken/doa girl packs so wouldn't be to hard for me to convert them if need be.  I want to get this out quick cause of the bug fix to work street but I also want it to be worth starting a new game for cause best I can tell you can't get arena girls without starting a new game.  So I'm adding some stuff to give it more meat I hope lol.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »
Any help would be great and yea it would be a task lol.  I have like 900 girls so yea I know its hard to find new ones.  I'm not saying they have to be new but I prefer if they are got a few I'm going make, maybe they don't make as much sense as arena girls but hey I've been sitting on them for 6 months or more so might as well use them for this.  I actually made tekken/doa girl packs so wouldn't be to hard for me to convert them if need be.  I want to get this out quick cause of the bug fix to work street but I also want it to be worth starting a new game for cause best I can tell you can't get arena girls without starting a new game.  So I'm adding some stuff to give it more meat I hope lol.

Sincerely doubt that starting new game will be an issue to anyone... this game has been around for a while now and everybody knows what happens in the end  ???

Forgot that Tekken/DoA were yours, you could just flip those into arena girls and be done with it, maybe reinforce with a couple new pics.

I asked some dude on the Russian tracker if he would share a kickass skin he made for WM but so far he's been offline. If he is nice enough to 'cooperate' it would be a decent addition to the patch and might set a new standard for WM's GUI.   
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »
I asked some dude on the Russian tracker if he would share a kickass skin he made for WM but so far he's been offline. If he is nice enough to 'cooperate' it would be a decent addition to the patch and might set a new standard for WM's GUI.
Cool let's hope he shares.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
Cool let's hope he shares.

I hope so as well... Maybe it's the likeness to our Legend of Alkion design but I would love to see WM in wood:

Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
I hope so as well... Maybe it's the likeness to our Legend of Alkion design but I would love to see WM in wood:   
I really really like that so hope he shares would be nice to added to the mod

Okay added a new item type under wear.  It doesn't break item files and can be ingnored if you don't want it but I'm thinking I'll go thru and change all underwear items to underwear lol.  That said figure items may new a bit of balance after that but I think it a good add to the game idk thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:40:24 PM by crazy »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
Okay added a new item type under wear.  It doesn't break item files and can be ingnored if you don't want it but I'm thinking I'll go thru and change all underwear items to underwear lol.  That said figure items may new a bit of balance after that but I think it a good add to the game idk thoughts anyone?

Prolly an overkill, don't you think? It only makes sense if you are planning to add some sort of girl_items_equip screen to the game at later point. Then you can draw slots in it and fill them with name strings or some form of graphical representation of those items.
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
It only makes sense if you are planning to add some sort of girl_items_equip screen to the game at later point. Then you can draw slots in it and fill them with name strings or some form of graphical representation of those items.
Actually would like to do that at some point in the distant future. 
Prolly an overkill, don't you think?
I mostly did it to see if I could lol.  Was easy to do just had to try it.  I read somewhere long ago someone wanted that added in game a few people said heck yea a few said it was over kill just like you said.  I don't care either way guess the best thing to say is its there if people want it if not then it never has to be used unless I do get to adding a equip item screen.  I'm trying to get people making shit for the game again by adding things like new image types, new script functions, new ways to get girls, and figured people use to make items might as well give them something to play with... now if only people would get started making stuff lol.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
I mostly did it to see if I could lol.  Was easy to do just had to try it.

I know how that feels, trying to figure out Python and OOP in general and finding out that most stuff isn't that hard if there is already some form of blueprint for it is daily routine :)

now if only people would get started making stuff lol.

The amount of packs that were made for EX was truly surprising so maybe you're right and new ways to add content/variety will give people a new jumpstart. In my opinion SimBro 1x/SimBro Rebirth/Otherworld are slowly taking over with new ideas so a complete remake is needed to catch up and most people who try to create an improved WM tend to start from scratch cause original code doesn't leave to much room for improvement (I still cannot see why that is however, other than fact that you can code twice as fast in Python or maybe even Flash (latter is actually a horrible bet for a WM like game in my opinion)) ...
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
I know how that feels, trying to figure out Python and OOP in general and finding out that most stuff isn't that hard if there is already some form of blueprint for it is daily routine :)
That's what I've found so far if I can find a blueprint I can do it.  So a lot of what I'm doing is adding things just for the hell of it to see if I know how it works doing that I've been able to figure out quite a few different things that have helped me a lot.

The amount of packs that were made for EX was truly surprising so maybe you're right and new ways to add content/variety will give people a new jumpstart. In my opinion SimBro 1x/SimBro Rebirth/Otherworld are slowly taking over with new ideas so a complete remake is needed to catch up and most people who try to create an improved WM tend to start from scratch cause original code doesn't leave to much room for improvement (I still cannot see why that is however, other than fact that you can code twice as fast in Python or maybe even Flash (latter is actually a horrible bet for a WM like game in my opinion)) ...
Yeah if you were around for the release of 1.30 it got crazy around here with people doing stuff.  EX was kinda the same way but I don't think it was quite as big as when 1.30 released.  Would love to have a few people working with me on this coding new stuff or just making a great interactions script for people.  WM still has a lot of potenial I feel if people put in the work.  But idk most coders seem to think that making a new game would be easier maybe I'll agree as my skill in coding grows maybe not.  But I plan on coding on this until I can either code my own or I've added everything I want in the game.

Offline akab

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 06:38:19 AM »
Sc link is broken ;)

I wish I could help, but my level of skill in C + + is very basic now.
I'm still trying to understand how all the various classes interact with each other.
And how and where in the code checks are performed.

P. S. The editor for the script is functional, but extremely thin and not very flexible.
It does not allow for example to export and import text.
So it is often time-consuming do experiments.

Is there some other way to edit the script?

Offline crazy

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »
Sc link is broken ;)
Fixed now but its out of date I'll be updating it again when I get .04 out to people.

I wish I could help, but my level of skill in C + + is very basic now.
I'm still trying to understand how all the various classes interact with each other.
And how and where in the code checks are performed.
I had no coding skill when I started and my skill is still low but I'm getting some stuff done somehow lol.  So take a look you might be able to do more then you think.  I'm adding things to just to see how everything works its time consuming and I can't always do what I want to do with it but I've learned a lot I feel but I've still got along was to go still.

P. S. The editor for the script is functional, but extremely thin and not very flexible.
It does not allow for example to export and import text.
So it is often time-consuming do experiments.

Is there some other way to edit the script?
Sadly no but I'm trying to add functions to it so it is easier idk if what im adding helps much but hopefully it does.  Figure Ill add more as I figure out what to add and how to do it.

Offline akab

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the fast response,
I'll try to do some experiments analyzing the code (hoping to figure out what I see: D).
Thank you for your work in uniting the various existing mod.
I guess like all things, the more time you invest and the more you learn.

Thanks for repairing the link.

I will wait anxiously for the 0.4 release

Offline crazy

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »
I'll try to do some experiments analyzing the code (hoping to figure out what I see: D).
Hope you get it figured out and feel you can do some work on it.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
I just have a small wish: could you label your zips with something like 'BrothelMaster_CombinedModsv0.x' ?
Would make it a bit easier to organize all the different zips of source code some probably have lying around here.

Will have no internet connection again soon so I will probably sit down and dig through some code.

Offline crazy

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
I just have a small wish: could you label your zips with something like 'BrothelMaster_CombinedModsv0.x' ?
Would make it a bit easier to organize all the different zips of source code some probably have lying around here.

Will have no internet connection again soon so I will probably sit down and dig through some code.
I can do that from now on.