Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025139 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
6th and last for now:
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:35 AM »
Maybe we can also find a new map? :D
A new map might be a good thing.  As what is there all the stuff I'm adding looks like its not even in the town but way way outside it lol.  And lol Pikachu I gotta use that I think

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2012, 07:56:52 AM »
A new map might be a good thing.  As what is there all the stuff I'm adding looks like its not even in the town but way way outside it lol.  And lol Pikachu I gotta use that I think

No maps I could find that would suit WM, I'll see if it is possible to make a new map...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Aika

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »
I like V9.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
I'll do some digging after class today, but I had an idea for the map.  Instead of taking an overhead 'map', why not just use a screen cap of a city from some anime?  You could make icons for the brothels/buildings smaller and place them where the building is in the picture.  Or you could copy the image of the building itself and use that with a halo around it as the 'icon', so it looks like the building just lights up as you mouse over it.  Kind of like in the draft versions of your game you've posted, Xela, where there's a 3/4 view of the city for your 'map'.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
I'll do some digging after class today, but I had an idea for the map.  Instead of taking an overhead 'map', why not just use a screen cap of a city from some anime?  You could make icons for the brothels/buildings smaller and place them where the building is in the picture.  Or you could copy the image of the building itself and use that with a halo around it as the 'icon', so it looks like the building just lights up as you mouse over it.  Kind of like in the draft versions of your game you've posted, Xela, where there's a 3/4 view of the city for your 'map'.

You beat me to my post :)
 Digging for city maps... We have about 10 GB of resources for Alkion as our programer created games in the past. Loads of maps, cities, pictures, icons, sprites, battlers, magic effects and so on, I couldn't find anything I would consider a perfect fit for a WM patch but sure, you are more than welcome to give it a try as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
I like V9.

LoL, that can be used as well, I was basically trying out what can work as a brothel icon... those are not as easy to find as shops and banks...

After spending quite a while looking for a map online and in our resources, I could not find one that I liked or that would made sense for WM. So if Popuri fails to find anything decent:

I am going to make a map myself. In that case we have to decide what we need in Crossgate (rivers, sea, an offshore island, castles, buildings, ruins, forest, beach, mountains, volcanoes and so on), you guys might even code in some new places to meet girls and maybe we can even put them on map so you can click those instead of the fugly WM button to take walks and meet girls. So, any ideas/requests?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
I'll do some digging after class today, but I had an idea for the map.  Instead of taking an overhead 'map', why not just use a screen cap of a city from some anime?  You could make icons for the brothels/buildings smaller and place them where the building is in the picture.  Or you could copy the image of the building itself and use that with a halo around it as the 'icon', so it looks like the building just lights up as you mouse over it.

On the other thought... since you've brought it up :D

Something from our resources...

PS: I started posting them one by one but soon realized that those are not png's and are to large to host on this forum. So I am uploading them elsewhere...

Kind of like in the draft versions of your game you've posted, Xela, where there's a 3/4 view of the city for your 'map'.
About alkion... The game is now primarily RPG and secondary Sim. The graphics you see on screens are simply to test the code and will likely be changed and edited many times. Even the brothel screen for example, there will be no 'native' brothel buildings, instead you buy something small and then upgrade and upgrade and upgrade, each upgrade unlocks more and more rooms you can build... Until you have a Castle, Battle Encampment or a Brothel or a Magic tower and etc, our writer has created a whole graphical tree with building structures.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:28:25 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
Oki... here we go:

::)

Edit: Some more:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:52:29 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
They actually worked on a new town map here http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=457.120.  Some interesting ideals for it in there.  I'm just not sure it works for my plans but it might be better then whats there until I get something better.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2012, 02:44:46 AM »
They actually worked on a new town map here http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=457.120.  Some interesting ideals for it in there.  I'm just not sure it works for my plans but it might be better then whats there until I get something better.

So, I am reading the topic right now and a lot in there is code dependent. So in many ways that portion is up to you, can you restrict entire sections of the map? Put a 'fog of war' overlayers on them and so on... Dox said that engine doesn't support irregular shapes, not sure how that is possible but we'll have to find a workaround or something.

Think about what we need in terms of districts/places/land and so on for the patch, we can always make a different map later or add sh!tz to this one. You said yourself that you were considering new places, Aika was thinking about improvements to scripts so maybe new meeting places like beach/forest outskirts and so on. I need some input so I don't have to redraw it 100 times :)

In any case, back to reading that post.
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:44 AM »
So, I am reading the topic right now and a lot in there is code dependent. So in many ways that portion is up to you, can you restrict entire sections of the map? Put a 'fog of war' overlayers on them and so on... Dox said that engine doesn't support irregular shapes, not sure how that is possible but we'll have to find a workaround or something.
I think it would be a nice thing to have but not sure I need something like that.  I thought it was a lot more talk about where things should go in crossgate  last time I read was when it was beening posted so maybe my memory on it was bad.

Think about what we need in terms of districts/places/land and so on for the patch, we can always make a different map later or add sh!tz to this one. You said yourself that you were considering new places, Aika was thinking about improvements to scripts so maybe new meeting places like beach/forest outskirts and so on. I need some input so I don't have to redraw it 100 times :)

In any case, back to reading that post.
New meeting places would be great.  There is a lot that could and should be done but I haven't done as much thinking on it as I should have.  I just know the current town map the town part is to small way to much empty land.  I'm not much for knowing where I want everything to go so I'll try and come up with all the places I want in and I'll check with Aika see if he wants anything added and just let you figure the where to place things part out lol.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2012, 03:18:54 AM »
New meeting places would be great.  There is a lot that could and should be done but I haven't done as much thinking on it as I should have.  I just know the current town map the town part is to small way to much empty land.  I'm not much for knowing where I want everything to go so I'll try and come up with all the places I want in and I'll check with Aika see if he wants anything added and just let you figure the where to place things part out lol.

OK, so I'll start slowly making the map, it will likely take a while as I've never made maps before :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2012, 03:20:40 AM »
OK, so I'll start slowly making the map, it will likely take a while as I've never made maps before :D
That's fine no rush on this.

Offline crazy

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:18 AM »
Some of the buildings I'm looking at adding include Community Center, a bath house, an auction house, place to train like ponygirls etc, modeling agency and an item factory.  Figure more then that but that's a good start see how people like them then go about adding more if people enjoy them.  Some of those may get cut or changed but that's kinda the plan right now.

Looking at adding some more jobs to the arena...  Think monster hunter job fits?  Thinking something along the lines of someone hires your girl to go hunt a monster.  Give you a chance at getting a unique girl from the catacombs with it.  Thoughts anyone?

Aika may want to add somethings also.