devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025369 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
 Holy cr@p, I never thought that skins for WM could be that complex, I just got girl management screen frame for PS, there are like 30 layers there... I am not sure what half of those layers do, at least not from my first glance.

In any case, I managed to get skin to work with your patch, so far so good... Now to get other frames and buttons and we're all set, creator of the skin is very pleasant, so it's a only a matter of time until we get rest of art for the patch (he rarely comes to pl forums :( ). And a matter of my limited photoshop skill to make similar screens for rest of the buildings.

Edit: Top two pics are actually different, Day/Night effects...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:53:50 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
Holy cr@p, I never thought that skins for WM could be that complex, I just got girl management screen frame for PS, there are like 30 layers there... I am not sure what half of those layers do, at least not from my first glance.

In any case, I managed to get skin to work with your patch, so far so good... Now to get other frames and buttons and we're all set, creator of the skin is very pleasant, so it's a only a matter of time until we get rest of the art for the patch (he rarely comes to pl forums :( ). And a matter of my limited photoshop skill to make similar screens for rest of the buildings.
Looking good can't wait to get it for the game.

Offline Kenki

« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »
Nicely done Xela, please pass on praise to the Original Creator. He did a fantastic job with skin.

I imagine many of us are very appreciative of you taking the effort to the adapt the skin for the current builds/mods.

Thanks for the effort!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »
Nicely done Xela, please pass on praise to the Original Creator. He did a fantastic job with skin.

I imagine many of us are very appreciative of you taking the effort to the adapt the skin for the current builds/mods.

Thanks for the effort!

You're more than welcome :) I'll get this skin working either way, it's a good thing that there is no rush in this as I am trying to code a walkabout engine for Alkion as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
Need a picture to use for the clinic and studio screens if anyone knows any they think would work link them to me plz.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:45 AM »
Need a picture to use for the clinic and studio screens if anyone knows any they think would work link them to me plz.

Oki, here we go again :)

PS: Did you get buttons you asked for?

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »

Now the studio screen is somewhat more difficult. Maybe something along these lines:

PS: Maybe you can turn movie studio into a mixed studio for producing both movies and records. That way you can use one of the movie icons on the map and we can prolly find a better recording studio picture than a movie studio picture. Another alternative is to simply a photoshop something that will pass for a movie studio.

Edit: Two more possibilities...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:47:41 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2012, 04:52:57 AM »
PS: Did you get buttons you asked for?
Yes I did thanks.  Got them in use already.  Current building the arena screen a few hick ups to work out but once I get it worked out the studio and clinic screens will be easy.  I figure for now the screens I'm building will just have to be missing a few of the things the brothel ones have until I get everything working.
Now the studio screen is somewhat more difficult. Maybe something along these lines:
PS: Maybe you can turn movie studio into a mixed studio for producing both movies and records. That way you can use one of the movie icons on the map and we can prolly find a better recording studio picture than a movie studio picture. Another alternative is to simply a photoshop something that will pass for a movie studio.
Edit: Two more possibilities...
I might look at making the studio more then just movies I had thought about that.  Wouldn't be hard would just be another job filter to add to it.  What else would work with it besides music?  If I'm going expaned it might as well look at all options I can add to it.

Offline Number76

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56:56 AM »
Looks like Xela already has this covered. Still more images to choose from isn't a bad thing right?

Here is a reasonable outside shot of what could be a clinic:

http://visualnoveldai.com/gallery/crescendo-backgrounds-1006935/bg166aa

Inside shot:

http://g.e-hentai.org/s/e3794fcd12/281512-33

As for a studio, that is a little bit more difficult.

This could be an inside shot of a studio where small private productions are shot:

http://visualnoveldai.com/gallery/crescendo-backgrounds-1006935/bg161ba

Or this could be an outside shot of a more rural location where filming could take place:

http://g.e-hentai.org/s/3d48827c48/167442-133

But there is no reason to restrict yourself to the images that caught my eye. Here are a few galleries with anime style backgrounds:

http://visualnoveldai.com/gallery/crescendo-backgrounds-1006935?page=0%2C0
http://visualnoveldai.com/galleries/utena-backgrounds-1011655
http://visualnoveldai.com/galleries/tsukihime-backgrounds-1008897?page=0%2C0
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/167442/755ccd7b68/?p=3 (NSFW, backgrounds from pages 4-9)
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/281512/a1c714828f/ (also NSFW, backgrounds from pages 1-3)

Hope that helps!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »
What else would work with it besides music?  If I'm going expaned it might as well look at all options I can add to it.

Well, normal movies that check against Charisma, Beauty, maybe some traits, also maybe intelligence. Projects must be produced over a period of time and have some sort of a quality stat that will determine the price.

Also softcore movies that check against strip stat and hardcore movies that checks also against sex stats.

Than photoshots and journals (Local Playboy edition :D , maybe we can add a couple of texts to show when project is finished and pretend that people buy it for articles :D (Idea for article (j/k) = A Puppy or a Slavegirl! Both are very cure but who will be your best friend? Find out in the latest addition of Crossgate Playboy (Household section))) :)

What else? I have a bunch of ideas but I would like to keep some for WM2 as well, maybe we can add an advertising agency where in a project a number of girls run the projects and are checked mainly against intelligence and models that are checked against beauty? Most of these project will make sense only if you can code multiple girls working on the same project for a long period of time. And also if advertising agency is added to the patch, costumers would have to be local businesses and government, not local crowd. It all depends on what you can code. I am just throwing around ideas...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:17:36 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2012, 05:14:55 AM »
http://visualnoveldai.com/

Wow, more than a decent resource, many thanks for this one!
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:15 AM »
What all buttons does the arena screen need?  Right now it has girl managment, turn summary, next week, gangs, and back.  I added brothel setup but it brings up brothel setup for the 1st brothel which might help... seeing as you have to buy anti-preg for the other building by using the auto buy.  But it won't add rooms it don't need advertaing so I'm thinking of removing it cause it will cause people to use it trying to another room when they can't.  Not sure how I'll fix that yet but that's all the buttons I think it needs other then the new ones I have planned thoughts anyone?
Looks like Xela already has this covered. Still more images to choose from isn't a bad thing right?
Hope that helps!
One thing I could do is add more locations to the map that aren't new buildings.  Things like the town square where event could happen...  I could add the screen easy enough but I haven't looked into event much yet so its just a thought for now but with all the images and such it's something I could do and would be a nice place for new scripts..... but that's something for down the road.

I also will need someone to do some writing for me once the next release is out... maybe unless I like what I write.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2012, 05:26:20 AM »
What all buttons does the arena screen need?  Right now it has girl managment, turn summary, next week, gangs, and back.

That depends on what your plans for the arena are... It would be nice if it did something more than just setting girls to work as beast huntresses and gradiatrix... Maybe some form of a lineup and competitions? Also an Arena Master that your girl can become and Arena reputation and ranking that every of your arena girls would have? That would be my approach of I coded Arena in Python...
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2012, 05:37:57 AM »
Than photoshots and journals (Local Playboy edition :D , maybe we can add a couple of texts to show when project is finished and pretend that people buy it for articles :D (Idea for article (j/k) = A Puppy or a Slavegirl! Both are very cure but who will be your best friend? Find out in the latest addition of Crossgate Playboy (Household section))) :)
What else? I have a bunch of ideas but I would like to keep some for WM2 as well, maybe we can add an advertising agency where in a project a number of girls runs the projects and are checked mainly against intelligence and models that are checked against beauty? Most of these project will make sense only if you can code multiple girls working on the same project for a long period of time. And also if advertising agency is added to the patch, costumers would have to be local businesses and government, not local crow. It all depends on what you can code. I am just throwing around ideas...
I had planned on adding a modeling agency that would do things like playboy, swimsuit mags, fashion shows, etc.  But I could always add that to the studio.  Thought about a theater also were you could do plays, live sex shows, etc that could go to the studio also I guess after all the map is small (I could always add a 2nd map also).  This is for down the road though I have so much to do.  I still need to make screens, code jobs for the centre, finish the clinic, the arena, and studio... sigh so much to do lol.
That depends on what your plans for the arena are... It would be nice if it did something more than just setting girls to work as beast huntresses and gradiatrix... Maybe some form of a lineup and competitions? Also an Arena Master that your girl can become and Arena reputation and ranking that every of your arena girls would have? That would be my approach of I coded Arena in Python...
Would love to have it set up where your rivals have girls in it you set matchs up by picking which girl you want to fight your rivals.  Basically have your girls work there way up.. made a post about this long ago trying to get a dev to do it but never happened.  But for now I'm keeping it simple I want to get things in then work on making them better.  This may be the wrong way to go about doing it but with my coding skill I'm doing what I can.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »
I had planned on adding a modeling agency that would do things like playboy, swimsuit mags, fashion shows, etc.  But I could always add that to the studio.  Thought about a theater also were you could do plays, live sex shows, etc that could go to the studio also I guess after all the map is small (I could always add a 2nd map also).  This is for down the road though I have so much to do.  I still need to make screens, code jobs for the centre, finish the clinic, the arena, and studio... sigh so much to do lol.Would love to have it set up where your rivals have girls in it you set matchs up by picking which girl you want to fight your rivals.  Basically have your girls work there way up.. made a post about this long ago trying to get a dev to do it but never happened.  But for now I'm keeping it simple I want to get things in then work on making them better.  This may be the wrong way to go about doing it but with my coding skill I'm doing what I can.

I did think about theater but that is to much and should not be in the studio anyway, maybe writing a screenplay can be a studio job... About live sex shows, think about Red Lights Street instead, Live shows can be put there...
Like what we're doing?