devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025516 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:41 AM »
Question, what is the trigger code for the arena meet-up?
Isn't one yet.  I planned on doing it but never got around to it.  It's on my list of things to do but I just don't have time for much right now sorry.  Once I get back into I will do it and let you know.

Offline blue_rider22

« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »
Appreciate it!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
Isn't one yet.  I planned on doing it but never got around to it.  It's on my list of things to do but I just don't have time for much right now sorry.  Once I get back into I will do it and let you know.

No rush... I still owe you a skin btw ???

I have most of the art now and I figured out how it works (more or less). While photoshop skill of the original designer is way ahead of my own, I think I can manage skins for all new screens you made and for all screens that he never got around to making and I am planning to have that done in time by the final release of your patch (whenever that'll be).

BTW: The original designer might work with us on the Alkion project so graphic design there may soon see significant improvement. Also there have been some developments in code design as well... We might have a new Alpha out by the end of next month that should have some playability even if will likely be on a primitive level :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:30:02 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline dpman03

« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
I've been playing around with this mod, and it definitely improves the game a fair bit.  I've noticed several issues, though.  I didn't notice any kind of official buglist, so I thought I'd point them out in case they haven't been documented.  If any of these aren't happening for others, I'd like to figure out what the difference is that's causing them.  Anyway, here they are:

--Going to "Girl Management" for the Studio, Arena, and Clinic doesn't work properly in several ways.  The selected girl sometimes come up, but pressing "next" or "prev" tends to switch over to girls from one of the brothels.  On occasion, the girl originally selected isn't even the one that comes up to begin with.

--Also in the Studio, Arena, and Clinic, trying to pull up a girl's inventory rarely works.  Sometimes, the "Manage Inventory" button even gets permanently greyed out.  It's still grey even in the brothels after that, and even if you load a previous save.  Restarting the program fixes it, and inventories can be accessed by transferring a girl to a brothel, changing items, and then transferring back.

--The community center doesn't seem to be usable right now.  I couldn't figure out a way to transfer any girls to it, because it isn't in the list of locations to transfer to and from.

--The "cosmetic surgery" option at the clinic works very oddly.  It currently adds the "Sexy Air" trait to any girl repeatedly, basically every time you have her go through it.  The feature is also extremely unbalanced, because it adds a ridiculous number of points to charisma and beauty, even after a single (five day) use.  It might be nice to add a possibility of random physical traits or smaller increases to beauty (5-10 points or so).  It would be more balanced to have the possibility of random negative effects, as well.  The results should be positive on average, but have at least some risk involved.

--The studio is kind of a pain.  I only got very small amounts of income from it (around $20-$40 for 3-4 weeks after a movie).  I tried everything I could think of to make it profitable, but I never managed to do it.  The scene quality percent seems completely random, although it still wouldn't make a profit.  Worse still, you have to manually go in every couple of weeks and choose to publish a movie.  Finally, if you try to publish a movie with no scenes, it crashes the game.

Like I said, I think you've done a great job so far.  I'm hoping this will be helpful, and if you'd like more information about anything, just let me know.

P.S. I managed to resize the XML for the UI so that I could increase the resolution significantly.  I'd be glad to post the files if anyone wants, but they aren't hard to edit yourself.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to increase the font size in lists in the games (items or girls for example).  All of the lists are absurdly small compared to everything else, and I'd really like to know how to fix it.

Offline crazy

« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
--Going to "Girl Management" for the Studio, Arena, and Clinic doesn't work properly in several ways.  The selected girl sometimes come up, but pressing "next" or "prev" tends to switch over to girls from one of the brothels.  On occasion, the girl originally selected isn't even the one that comes up to begin with.

--Also in the Studio, Arena, and Clinic, trying to pull up a girl's inventory rarely works.  Sometimes, the "Manage Inventory" button even gets permanently greyed out.  It's still grey even in the brothels after that, and even if you load a previous save.  Restarting the program fixes it, and inventories can be accessed by transferring a girl to a brothel, changing items, and then transferring back.

--The community center doesn't seem to be usable right now.  I couldn't figure out a way to transfer any girls to it, because it isn't in the list of locations to transfer to and from.

--The "cosmetic surgery" option at the clinic works very oddly.  It currently adds the "Sexy Air" trait to any girl repeatedly, basically every time you have her go through it.  The feature is also extremely unbalanced, because it adds a ridiculous number of points to charisma and beauty, even after a single (five day) use.  It might be nice to add a possibility of random physical traits or smaller increases to beauty (5-10 points or so).  It would be more balanced to have the possibility of random negative effects, as well.  The results should be positive on average, but have at least some risk involved.

--The studio is kind of a pain.  I only got very small amounts of income from it (around $20-$40 for 3-4 weeks after a movie).  I tried everything I could think of to make it profitable, but I never managed to do it.  The scene quality percent seems completely random, although it still wouldn't make a profit.  Worse still, you have to manually go in every couple of weeks and choose to publish a movie.  Finally, if you try to publish a movie with no scenes, it crashes the game.
1.- Thought that was fixed I'll look into it.
2.- Know issue and one I can't fix in fact when I tried I broke the game and it took me 3 days to get it working again so not touching that sorry.
3.- Know issue I really really should have took it off the map centre isn't finished still working on maybe next patch it will be fixed.
4.- I will have to look at it.  Haven't tried to balance anything much yet and I agree it is to powerful.  There is risk involed you can get negitive traits from it but I don't remember the chances
5.- Tried fixing that studio is a pain to fix...  but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the bug report they are always helpful.  I really should fix my know bug report on the 1st page.

Offline dpman03

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
1.- Thought that was fixed I'll look into it.
2.- Know issue and one I can't fix in fact when I tried I broke the game and it took me 3 days to get it working again so not touching that sorry.
3.- Know issue I really really should have took it off the map centre isn't finished still working on maybe next patch it will be fixed.
4.- I will have to look at it.  Haven't tried to balance anything much yet and I agree it is to powerful.  There is risk involed you can get negitive traits from it but I don't remember the chances
5.- Tried fixing that studio is a pain to fix...  but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the bug report they are always helpful.  I really should fix my know bug report on the 1st page.

I'm glad to hear you're still working on most of these (or at least aware of them).  Fortunately, most of the parts that don't work can just be ignored until they get fixed.

I did want to ask if you uploaded new source code at some point.  I tried downloading it to play around, and what's currently posted wouldn't compile.  In WorkStripper.cpp, the definition WorkBrotheStripper is missing the "l" in Brothel, oddly enough.  I fixed that, but I also got a ton of link errors that I didn't know how to fix.  All of them mentioned some gettext library like so:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__libintl_gettext

Finally, my C++ is pretty rusty, but I'd be willing to try working on things if you have any suggestions.  Balancing the "cosmetic surgery" seems like it's something I could do if I could get the source to compile.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Hmm, i just tried running 0.5 and found that i hang every time i try buying a girl. Game hangs right when i click the market icon or walk around town button.
Also, which girl packs can i use with this mod? I only found this - http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=982.0
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:34:35 PM by Uriel »

Offline crazy

« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:22 AM »
Hmm, i just tried running 0.5 and found that i hang every time i try buying a girl. Game hangs right when i click the market icon or walk around town button.
Also, which girl packs can i use with this mod? I only found this - http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=982.0
Try a fresh download of the game.  And any girl pack that isn't for aika or exe should work...  Which should be a lot.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »
Try a fresh download of the game.  And any girl pack that isn't for aika or exe should work...  Which should be a lot.

and not for WM:EX I assume. This works, many people reported some bugs but this is playable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Uriel

« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
So this mod uses vanilla girlpacks? Ok... formating my 1Tb HDD then.  :D

Offline crazy

« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »
Okay don't see anytime freeing up in the near future so I'm just going try and make time to work on .06.  That said .06 is going take a lot of time so don't expect it anytime soon.  Figure I'll take the next week and plan out what I'm going do for it.  So now is the time to pitch me some traits or jobs that you feel work with what's in the game but know just cause you throw the ideal out doesn't mean I'm going use it.

Some of the things I'm going look at doing for .06 are.
1. Finish the centre.
2. Add Oral skill from akia's last mod.  (If it don't break current girls)
3. Hopefully balance the movies.
4. Add more things like the arena tryouts
5. Finish the screens for the movie and centre.
6. Smash bugs.
7. Maybe a new building or two.

All that and new traits and maybe some new jobs.  It's still in planning stage and I have no doubt this will take at least a month or more to finish.  When the planning is done I'll update the 1st post and keep updating it with my progress as time goes on

Offline Romanul

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2012, 03:19:49 AM »
Excuse my noobness but how do I make the game full-screen? At present it starts window mode. I use 1280*1024. Thanks in advance.

Offline Mederic64

• Donator
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
You'll have to change false to true in ScreenMode.txt in the game folder.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2012, 06:33:44 AM »
my issue with coming up with traits is the LIMITS, what are the scripting limits? ( i know that not easy to answer but...)

can the numbers use %?
can the numbers USE the false negatives that the game likes to go into?
can you make a trait use a difirent set fo pictures? ( for instance can you make futanari's switch to a diffirent folder, containing a whole new set of pictures?)

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
I've been working on my own version of the default interactions script and have been testing it with .05.  I like that you have been expanding the use of picture types for jobs, like strip, mast, bunny, wait, maid, and all.  You're doing a great job.

My question is simple but perhaps not a simple answer.  Is there any way to add functions to the script editor so i could use something like "Have Masturbate" "Have Waitress", or even "Have Combat".  I have been adding some aspects to my script (quests/missions) and it would be nice to be able to get the game to bring up more relevant images for those actions.  I have successfully edited the scriptcommands.txt to allow the ability to subtract money from the player, but that was simply changing values. That being said, I suppose a follow up question would be: Is it as simple as adding "Have Mast" or similar to the scriptcommands?

Thanks for all the great work so far.