Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025607 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
My question is simple but perhaps not a simple answer.  Is there any way to add functions to the script editor so i could use something like "Have Masturbate" "Have Waitress", or even "Have Combat".  I have been adding some aspects to my script (quests/missions) and it would be nice to be able to get the game to bring up more relevant images for those actions.  I have successfully edited the scriptcommands.txt to allow the ability to subtract money from the player, but that was simply changing values. That being said, I suppose a follow up question would be: Is it as simple as adding "Have Mast" or similar to the scriptcommands?
There is some coding envoled in that.  But I've added quite a few to it.
Have Clean
Have Mast
Have Nude
Have Oral Sex
Have Stirp
I've added those I could added more.  But those give skill points and bring up a picture to match.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »
I tried adding three commands to the scriptcommands.txt.  I added "Have Mast"  "Have Nude" and "Have Combat; then i made a simple script to test them.  Have combat i didn't expect to work, but it seems to put the script in a loop.  I'm guessing it doesn't recognize Have Combat as a command and keeps jumping up the the dialog box above it.  anyway, i'll leave that for another time.  Have Mast just defaulted to the Profile pics.  Interestingly, Have Nude worked....sorta.  it just was a bit confused as it would show pics tagged with Mast*.jpg and ignored the ones marked Nude*.jpg.  I'm not sure if i'm missing a spelling or capitalization thing; or if maybe i'm going about it all wrong.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Offline crazy

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »
I tried adding three commands to the scriptcommands.txt.  I added "Have Mast"  "Have Nude" and "Have Combat; then i made a simple script to test them.  Have combat i didn't expect to work, but it seems to put the script in a loop.  I'm guessing it doesn't recognize Have Combat as a command and keeps jumping up the the dialog box above it.  anyway, i'll leave that for another time.  Have Mast just defaulted to the Profile pics.  Interestingly, Have Nude worked....sorta.  it just was a bit confused as it would show pics tagged with Mast*.jpg and ignored the ones marked Nude*.jpg.  I'm not sure if i'm missing a spelling or capitalization thing; or if maybe i'm going about it all wrong.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I'll have to look into it I put them in tested them seen they worked and that was it...  Made alot of changes after that maybe something broke them I'll see what I can figure out when I get a chance.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
Crazy,
Thank you for the work you've done so far, and especially for posting your source code.

I've been working on this some in my spare time, mostly been bug squashing. I will post up the fixes later, and will make a list of them at the end of this post. The main reason I am posting is that I find myself wanting to make some serious changes to the game. Because the nature of some of them are a bit large, I though I would ask if you prefer that I just branch off another mod, or just continue with this as a part of your mod.

The first major change would be the way customers and workers are handled.

Right now when you end a turn, the game will go through each brothel and start on the day shift. It works out the effectiveness of advertising. Then it decides how many customers are coming to the brothel for that shift. Then it does all the whore jobs (except Whore in Streets), then it does some of the other building related jobs, then it goes and updates the girls stats, and does all the remaining jobs. (Several bugs were involved in the process). So looking at the Whore jobs... it goes to each girl one at a time, determines how many customers she can service, loops through the customers, creating them on the fly, checks to see if the customer likes the girl based on a few items, then goes to the next customer. The chances of any one customer accepting a girl are actually pretty small. This is why you see a lot of girls with the "Ran out of customers who liked here" line, since it is pretty easy for ALL of the customers to reject a girl for completely random reasons. None of which have to do with the quality of the girl. Also the amount a customer pays is based on the ask price of the girl, and a couple of minor modifiers. How much a customer enjoys it is based on the skill level of the girl. After it is done with the whore jobs it starts doing all the service jobs, such as barmaid, game dealer etc. Most of these do not actually have any effect on customers, or the brothel fame, they just generate some money dependent on the girl's stats. The third round of jobs are the miscellaneous jobs such as cleaning, and some of the ones that were missed in the first two rounds for some reason.

Problems with the way the whores are handled is that each customer decides if he will accept/reject her by rolling up a random fetish, and if she has it he accepts her (only a 2 in 15 chance if she only has one fetish type). If he rejects her for this then it will test a few other things, first it gives him  a 20% chance to accept her because he is "horny", if that doesn't work, he will accept her if her Charisma and Beauty average out to higher than 90. Next it tries fame, but only works if her fame is higher than 80, then if her magic is greater than a 50, she can spend mana to seduce him.

The way I would propose the system should work would be almost the exact opposite of what it does now. It would have some similarities to what EX did, but not as extreme.
 The game should look at each area of the brothel, and generate customers for that area, meaning the bar, gambling hall etc should be treated separately.
Then it should loop through each CUSTOMER, generate their stats, and have them seek out the services they want in that area. They can and should try multiple services. Whether or not a customer accepts a service should be decided on how desirable that service is to him vs how much he is willing to pay for it, and the amount of satisfaction the customer should have should be based on the quality of service vs the price. So, a customer walks into a bar. It is assumable he will want a drink, so he will approach the bar, where there should be a selection of drinks at different prices for varying levels of happiness bonus, the bonus/service levels will also be effected by the Barmaid. Roll a chance to see if he wants snacks, if so, then same as bar above except it is effected by the waitress. The music should have a bonus to ALL customers dependent on it's quality. Then the customer should roll to decide if he wants to approach a whore. If so, it will roll his random fetish/fetishes, and he will first look for any working in the bar which suits that. If none match his fetish, it will then roll for his libido (horny), and he will start looking down the list of girls from most attractive to least attractive, and try to negotiate a price he is willing to pay with each girl. The amount he is willing to pay will be based on how horny he is, how attractive she is, (this includes beauty, charisma, and fame, possibly more), and how much money he actually has left over. The amount she will want to charge will be based on her attractiveness, how willing she is to do what he is proposing (sex, anal, bondage), and other stats such as tiredness/happiness etc.. There should also be some random element in her ask price. His final satisfaction level will be based on how low he had to stoop to get what he wants, and how much he had to pay for it.

The result of this would be that as long as you have enough staff working, the majority of the customers should be able to receive some level of service, and the results will be based on something more realistic.

I have started the basic ground work for implementing this already, but I thought I would consult with you on how you want me to proceed before I get too carried away.

I have quite a few other major and minor changes I am looking at, a minor one I have already implemented is that I change the Sleazy Bar into a Strip Club. I just felt it fits better. If you want me to continue adding these changes into your mod without branching off a separate mod, I will post a proposal for each feature change/addition here for review before I add it in. Or we can work something else out if you like.

PS.. here is the list of bug-fixes I have done so far, I will post the code for implementing them this weekend.

Advertising was running twice per shift
Most of the "in house" jobs were running twice per shift.
Game dealer was printing a blank event.
Group sex and Lesbian sex were bypassing some checks causing them to show up MUCH more frequently than they were supposed to. (Group is only supposed to happen 5% of the time, lesbians 15%).
Another related bug is it occasionally created "Groups" of 1 customer for group sex, and also would occasionally create male lesbian customers, but they were not being reported that way in the turn summary.
Group sex groups were only generating enough money for 1 customer, but the girl charges a group rate. (This actually does not have a serious effect due to another bug that I have not fixed yet).
Some of the messages were being cut off in the turn summary.

There are quite a few other bugs I have identified that I have not worked yet, will do as I get time. I am usually able to work on this about 5 to 6 hours a week. So it will take some time to do them all. But we can do incremental patch releases as they come out.

Ok, that was TL,DR
-PP Out.

Offline crazy

« Reply #289 on: September 07, 2012, 07:17:57 AM »
Crazy,
Thank you for the work you've done so far, and especially for posting your source code.
Yeah long post lol.  What your talking about sounds like an interesting ideal and one I would like to try out.  Changing the way customers are handled would be a big change and is something I would like to see done for sure.  Aika did that in his mod and the mod we teamed up on he was handling that also but idk where he went lol he didn't do it the way your saying but you might check out his mod the SC is up for it also.  My SC might be out of date but not by much I coded a few of the Centre jobs before I ended up not having the time to code.  That said I have been doing my planning for my next patch just haven't got much done on it yet.  Would love to hear your other plans maybe we can help each other out on getting things done.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
Yeah, actually I have looked through Aika's SC too, and was working on killing bugs etc, when I realized the SC was out of date, and that I was duplicating some of his work already. When your version came out, you kept your SC posts up to date with the releases, so I knew I was at least working on the same thing. There are definitely some nice things in Aika's mod, and some of the changes I had made with it I plan to move over to this mod. One of the highest on the list is I had started reworking all the Hot keys in the game. The current hot key system leaves a lot to be desired. Let's face it, this is a game you should be able to play one handed. :)
I have worked out how to change pretty much all of the hot keys, but I will have to go dig around through my old notes again to find them, and I wasn't keeping as good of notes then as I do now.

Which reminds me, I HIGHLY recommend a free program called AllMyNotes Organizer for doing just that.

I will probably come back Sunday night, unless something comes up. I will post my current To Do list so you can see what you think, and I will either post the exact changes I have made to the SC so you can compile it yourself, or if I take the time to upload the compiled code, I will link it here.
-PP

Offline crazy

« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »
Finally got around to test this and I'm not having those issues it bring up the right pics for me.  Try the script commands attacment I added and let me know if that fixes it for if they still dont work..  Also if they work let me know what you want added and I'll look at adding that for my next patch.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
So i finally got around to play around with this version of the game and I'm really liking what i see! Keep up the good work, Crazy.

However, I was playing around with converting some girlpacks for the lols, and im sort of wondering why you have both a nude and a strip category when it comes to images? I can understand separating ecchi from nude/strip, but those two seem sort of the same to me. I know they are being used for different jobs but I'm still thinking they could be combined. Just my two cents though ^_^ It's your mod so you do what you want with it obviously :D
And as far as Oral go, why not toss that in on the Massage job? Or make a new job I guess.

Anyway, rant off.
Keep up the good work, man!

Offline crazy

« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
However, I was playing around with converting some girlpacks for the lols, and im sort of wondering why you have both a nude and a strip category when it comes to images? I can understand separating ecchi from nude/strip, but those two seem sort of the same to me. I know they are being used for different jobs but I'm still thinking they could be combined. Just my two cents though
Nude was mostly for scripts I think lol at this point I don't really remember why I put it in...
And as far as Oral go, why not toss that in on the Massage job? Or make a new job I guess.
Oral is going be a skill in the next patch..  Taking what akia did and putting in it actually started working on that last night few things to work out but might get a test release out to make sure adding it didn't break stuff in a few days.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Nude was mostly for scripts I think lol at this point I don't really remember why I put it in...

haha alright, I figured there was a reason for it being there.
So out of curiosity, will Nude remain or will it be removed? If you dont know its no big deal. Just curious. xD

Offline crazy

« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »
haha alright, I figured there was a reason for it being there.
So out of curiosity, will Nude remain or will it be removed? If you dont know its no big deal. Just curious. xD
Staying for now atleast I might take a look at it again to see if I need it or not at a later date...  But I feel for now its worth keeping just for scripts if nothing else.  I actually might added a few more image types for scripts or different jobs as I go just have to see.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2012, 02:27:35 AM »
Good to know ^_^

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »
Ok, I had quite a few problems getting a file service to work for me. (I use TOR, and it is not really script friendly).

So I am just uploading copies of the files I have changed, which can be found here...
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2rfzhxgdt6x5/n/PP_Changes_1_rar

This way you can look over the changes and edit the one you don't like out, and compile the code yourself. If you do remove or change of of those, please let me know so I won't send them in future updates.

Here is a list of the changes made:

1. Security- Changed it so it only reduces Brothel Security level once per day, instead of every time a girl works security.
2. Magic use to enhance customer happiness: Changed it so it would only attempt if the Girl's magic level is at least a 10.
3. Fixed error in girls sex enjoyment calculations. Before it was giving +1 if she was a Nympo AND > 50 happy, +2 otherwise.. which was backwards.
4. Brothel Strippers: They were fucking a bit too much, and were doing acts not allowed by the brothel. Reduced from 33% chance to 10%, and added in check against IsAllowed.
5. Virgins: Made it so they do not lose virginity during anal or lesbian sex (I know the second is debatable), and made it so the customer always gets the happy bonus with the virgin, even if anal or lesbian.
6. XXX Entertainer repeated events: It was showing the same event twice with XXXEntertainers if libido was > 80.
7. Disobey check: It was basically rolling for disobedience twice due to old code not modified. This could be  problem because there is a chance the girl would pass the first time, adjust PCLOVE PCHATE because of it, then FAIL the second time, which means you would get the penalty without the benefit.Changed so  it only uses the first roll, and does not roll again.
8. Advertisement repeating: Any girl working advertisements would basically do it twice per shift, wasn't really effecting anything except the results shown in events. Fixed so it checks what shift it is running.
9. Repeating events: Many jobs were running twice, most of the non-whore jobs in fact. Fixed so it checks if they already ran during the updategirls function.
10. Game dealers where reporting a blank event: Removed the extra line, which was intended to report income, but was unnecessary due to this being reported in summary.
11. Group sex, lesbian sex: The frequency of both was more than intended, also both were ignoring brothel restrictions on sex type in some circumstances, in some cases you could have a group of 1 customer only, or male lesbians. Fixed... the fix will result in group sex only happening 5% of the time, and lesbians 15% of the time though, so that may need to be either addressed, or perhaps creating an option so the player can tweak the percents.
12. Event messages were over-writing feed back on why a customer chose a particular girl, added this back in.
13. Whores, the routine which decides how may customers each would attempt to service was producing fewer customers than it should due to rounding errors. Instead of just fixing it all around, I made a change that will use this error to give slightly different results for each type whore. So compared to the way the used to calculate, BarWhores will try to service one more customers, Gambling Hall Whores will try two more, and Brothel whores will try three more.
14. Changed the name of the Sleazy Bar into a Strip Club. (Just a personal preference).

Well there ya go, I will post some of my to-do list later this week probably, but my next change will be the one I spoke about in my previous post, redoing the way customers and girls behave in the brothel, which may take some time.
-PP

Offline crazy

« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
Here is a list of the changes made:

1. Security- Changed it so it only reduces Brothel Security level once per day, instead of every time a girl works security.
2. Magic use to enhance customer happiness: Changed it so it would only attempt if the Girl's magic level is at least a 10.
3. Fixed error in girls sex enjoyment calculations. Before it was giving +1 if she was a Nympo AND > 50 happy, +2 otherwise.. which was backwards.
4. Brothel Strippers: They were fucking a bit too much, and were doing acts not allowed by the brothel. Reduced from 33% chance to 10%, and added in check against IsAllowed.
5. Virgins: Made it so they do not lose virginity during anal or lesbian sex (I know the second is debatable), and made it so the customer always gets the happy bonus with the virgin, even if anal or lesbian.
6. XXX Entertainer repeated events: It was showing the same event twice with XXXEntertainers if libido was > 80.
7. Disobey check: It was basically rolling for disobedience twice due to old code not modified. This could be  problem because there is a chance the girl would pass the first time, adjust PCLOVE PCHATE because of it, then FAIL the second time, which means you would get the penalty without the benefit.Changed so  it only uses the first roll, and does not roll again.
8. Advertisement repeating: Any girl working advertisements would basically do it twice per shift, wasn't really effecting anything except the results shown in events. Fixed so it checks what shift it is running.
9. Repeating events: Many jobs were running twice, most of the non-whore jobs in fact. Fixed so it checks if they already ran during the updategirls function.
10. Game dealers where reporting a blank event: Removed the extra line, which was intended to report income, but was unnecessary due to this being reported in summary.
11. Group sex, lesbian sex: The frequency of both was more than intended, also both were ignoring brothel restrictions on sex type in some circumstances, in some cases you could have a group of 1 customer only, or male lesbians. Fixed... the fix will result in group sex only happening 5% of the time, and lesbians 15% of the time though, so that may need to be either addressed, or perhaps creating an option so the player can tweak the percents.
12. Event messages were over-writing feed back on why a customer chose a particular girl, added this back in.
13. Whores, the routine which decides how may customers each would attempt to service was producing fewer customers than it should due to rounding errors. Instead of just fixing it all around, I made a change that will use this error to give slightly different results for each type whore. So compared to the way the used to calculate, BarWhores will try to service one more customers, Gambling Hall Whores will try two more, and Brothel whores will try three more.
14. Changed the name of the Sleazy Bar into a Strip Club. (Just a personal preference).
Very nice thanks.  Think I'll use all those even strip club cause I think I want to make like a maid cafe or something along those lines and sleazy bar was to close to that and was going change it anyway.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2012, 01:14:58 PM »
Finally got around to test this and I'm not having those issues it bring up the right pics for me.  Try the script commands attacment I added and let me know if that fixes it for if they still dont work..  Also if they work let me know what you want added and I'll look at adding that for my next patch.

just did a quick test with your script commands.  at first i was getting the same error, but after looking at the test script i was using I noticed a problem.  the "Have Combat" command i had added to my commands text became a bunch of numbers in my interact test script.  after i removed that it all seems to be working fine.

Which puts a question in my mind.  What is involved with adding commands to the scriptcommands.txt, that is to say, is it just knowing the command the game code uses and plugging it in or are script commands something separate in the game code that must be added?  for Instance I would love to use a combat image for some of my interaction script quests, but would "Have Combat" (if that is the game codes command) something that would need to be added to both the game code and the scriptcommands.txt?

I'll play around with the editor commands a bit more myself and see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks for looking into all this.  I know modding ain't easy or quick.  Keep up the good work. 8)

edit:
Oh ya, I also wanted to say that I'm in favor of keeping Nude as an image category.  I plan on using it for my scripts.  The more choices the better.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:23:07 PM by Pinkutako »