devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1028840 times)

Offline person8

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
Crazy, I'd like to say thanks.  I've been lurking your thread for a long time, and you're the best. 

You're the only one keeping the game development in a forwards direction now that Shade88 lost his data...

When using your new .05a, I'm still getting the game freeze+crash when I try to go to Brothel Setup. I put in the "building setup.xml" attachment into your .05 Interface folder.  Is that the way you meant?  If so, I don't know what's wrong elsewhere to look otherwise.

As well, after playing for a bit, I realize that for some reason the Inventory button greys out and becomes inactive for the girls for some reason.  I had been transferring them to the Studio, but that's the only thing I had done differently than "normal" up to that point.

As for the test run, I like what you've done with the Bar job update a lot.  I think it's a great way to take the game.  I actually don't care for added difficulty. 
What I like from new version to version is random events from skill tests. 
I'm not playing the game as a game in truth; I'm just fapping to the situations it gives me. 

On a side note, has there been any progress on the Beast Capture coding since the first page of this thread?  It's annoying to always see "there's no beasts so she uses a fake one," when I wish I could just go find some with the job (as well, I'm not totally sure, but using fake beasts never gives Insemination). 
Is there a way to reintegrate the Beast Carer and Beast Capture jobs into one, like another guy did back in 2011?  Would that possibly fix the crash error that way?  You've done a great job smoothing out near every other kink that WM crashed on in the past, so maybe cutting and burning the older code like that may work?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:40:54 PM by person8 »

Offline Lord Bane

« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »

When using your new .05a, I'm still getting the game freeze+crash when I try to go to Brothel Setup. I put in the "building setup.xml" attachment into your .05 Interface folder.  Is that the way you meant?  If so, I don't know what's wrong elsewhere to look otherwise.

Maybe try copying the building_setup_screen.xml into the interface\classic folder.  That's how I had to do it for the 1024_768 screen mode + a few other files from the classic folder to get the new buildings (clinic etc). to work.

Offline crazy

« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
As well, after playing for a bit, I realize that for some reason the Inventory button greys out and becomes inactive for the girls for some reason.  I had been transferring them to the Studio, but that's the only thing I had done differently than "normal" up to that point.
This a know bug to me but I just can't fix it in my attempt to fix it I broke the game for around 3 days..  lol so yeah not touching it sorry.
On a side note, has there been any progress on the Beast Capture coding since the first page of this thread?  It's annoying to always see "there's no beasts so she uses a fake one," when I wish I could just go find some with the job (as well, I'm not totally sure, but using fake beasts never gives Insemination). 
Is there a way to reintegrate the Beast Carer and Beast Capture jobs into one, like another guy did back in 2011?  Would that possibly fix the crash error that way?  You've done a great job smoothing out near every other kink that WM crashed on in the past, so maybe cutting and burning the older code like that may work?
It's been fixed so yeah you can do beast capture now.
I'll do a full release next time to try and prevent this problem.  For now check lord banes post above if your using the 1024_768 screen mode he posted a fix.  If not I'll look into it.
You're the only one keeping the game development in a forwards direction now that Shade88 lost his data...
If you liked shade88's script you should check out pinkutako's script it's very good and they are actively still working on it.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
When will the version 0.6 of the mod?

Any chance to be added to the dungeon extra scripts to give more fun? to go as you can choose the type of torture or things like

Offline person8

« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Lord Bane and Crazy.  Didn't even know there were more of those building_setup files hiding in the folders.

I still have a persistent problem though, which doesn't seem to be on Crazy's mod's part, since he's said it's fixed and has been broken for me for several versions now, including .05a...  Whenever I try to use Beast Capture, my game freezes and dies. 

I can't tell much from the last couple lines command script, and the only thing that stands out is that the girl has no trigger (which I see from earlier forum posts that that doesn't mean anything). 

Any idea where I can look to fix this?  I admit I've fucked with the config file and have also set girl parameters pretty high.

Offline crazy

« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »
I still have a persistent problem though, which doesn't seem to be on Crazy's mod's part, since he's said it's fixed and has been broken for me for several versions now, including .05a...  Whenever I try to use Beast Capture, my game freezes and dies. 
I can't tell much from the last couple lines command script, and the only thing that stands out is that the girl has no trigger (which I see from earlier forum posts that that doesn't mean anything). 
Any idea where I can look to fix this?  I admit I've fucked with the config file and have also set girl parameters pretty high.

My guess is you have no random monster girls.  Check and make sure you have girls that are set for the catacombs if not that is your problem.

Offline crazy

« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »
When will the version 0.6 of the mod?
Any chance to be added to the dungeon extra scripts to give more fun? to go as you can choose the type of torture or things like
No time frame for .06 redoing the jobs is going be a long process.  But scripts is something I'm trying not to do cause it takes away from time coding on the game.  Would love to see a new dungeon script but not something I would work on any time soon.

Offline person8

« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
My guess is you have no random monster girls.  Check and make sure you have girls that are set for the catacombs if not that is your problem.

So THAT was the reason all this time!  It works now! Thanks for the help.

Offline mackiller

« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »
I still can not solve the problem: when I start a game, for example, I start the game with packs of 20 girls. After the first move (or the first of the month), I'm out of the game and in the folder resources\characters copy the new pack of girls - but in the game I still only the first and only one pack. With original mod was not like this. I'd like to play in Crazy's mod, what discrepancy? When I looked at the game log - it includes the name of the new pack, but the new girls - are not displayed

Offline Lurker

« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
I still can not solve the problem: when I start a game, for example, I start the game with packs of 20 girls. After the first move (or the first of the month), I'm out of the game and in the folder resources\characters copy the new pack of girls - but in the game I still only the first and only one pack. With original mod was not like this. I'd like to play in Crazy's mod, what discrepancy? When I looked at the game log - it includes the name of the new pack, but the new girls - are not displayed

Is the .girlsx file in the right place, and do they even have one?

Offline mackiller

« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:56 AM »
Yep, Lurker...all files with extenions *.girlsx are in directory *\resources\characters...

Offline crazy

« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
Anyone else having this problem?  If so let me know seems it worked fine last time I tried.  Get around to testing it at some point soonish.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2012, 08:01:40 AM »

So if I'm reading it right, you started the game with x number of girls, then after having played a bit added a pack to add in more girls but only your original x girls are available?  I'm not 100% sure since it's been a while, but isn't the library of available girls set when the game's save is first made?  If that's the case then adding new packs would only affect new starts.  Could be wrong though.

Offline mackiller

« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »
So if I'm reading it right, you started the game with x number of girls, then after having played a bit added a pack to add in more girls but only your original x girls are available?  I'm not 100% sure since it's been a while, but isn't the library of available girls set when the game's save is first made?  If that's the case then adding new packs would only affect new starts.  Could be wrong though.

Yes, you all reading and understand right. But I draw your attention to the fact, that after addition of a new pack there is a record in save-file on the availability of a new pack, but do not appear on the entry of new girl.

Offline Lord Bane

« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »

Yes, you all reading and understand right. But I draw your attention to the fact, that after addition of a new pack there is a record in save-file on the availability of a new pack, but do not appear on the entry of new girl.

Make sure the extension of the girlsx is lower case. It will not load the *.girlsx files if they are upper case for some reason. hope this helps.