Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025106 times)

Offline person8

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Is anyone else having this particular problem?

I was playing around with the Brothel Setup, and it seems to let me tick the boxes, but Oral always stays unticked by the next week.  Can't turn it off.

Offline crazy

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
Yes, you all reading and understand right. But I draw your attention to the fact, that after addition of a new pack there is a record in save-file on the availability of a new pack, but do not appear on the entry of new girl.
Okay this is a bug with the new save system.  The offical game never got released with the new save system is why u can do it with it.  That said this bug was in EX also but the fix was posted in the fourm so I should be able to fix it.
Is anyone else having this particular problem?
I was playing around with the Brothel Setup, and it seems to let me tick the boxes, but Oral always stays unticked by the next week.  Can't turn it off.
Its a bug.  Oral isn't full set up right.  I'll look into this see what I can figure out.

Offline crazy

« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »
Both of the things above are now fixed I think.  Going upload a test patch to make sure the save system isn't broke now.

Few more jobs have been worked on but like last time none of them are even close to finished.  Also I would back up any saves you want to keep for sure..  I don't think anything is broke with the fix but as I said needs more testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yr70yrq01rxrxwm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:04:30 AM by crazy »

Offline mackiller

« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2012, 01:57:02 AM »
Yes, my main problem is solve. Thank you, Crazy!

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »
Hey Crazy!  Thanks so much for all the new material!  The Arena, Centre, and Studio all seem to be working, and Oral appears to have integrated successfully (even though I'll have to restructure my packs...)  My only problem is that attempting to interact with the girls (not in the dungeon) causes the game to crash.  Any ideas?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline crazy

« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »
Hey Crazy!  Thanks so much for all the new material!  The Arena, Centre, and Studio all seem to be working, and Oral appears to have integrated successfully (even though I'll have to restructure my packs...)  My only problem is that attempting to interact with the girls (not in the dungeon) causes the game to crash.  Any ideas?
Has to be something to do with your interaction script are you using the default one or did you download one?

Offline crazy

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #351 on: October 04, 2012, 03:56:32 AM »
As I go over the jobs its really hard to belive that it's taken this long for someone to mod them.  Jobs like stripper don't even increase strip until I changed it they just increased services skill.  But what is really getting to me is the non sex jobs almost all of them have to use the services skill even if it don't make sense for them like game dealer or singer.  So what can I do about it?  Well I could add more skills to the game but there's both up's and down's to that.  The ups are girls getting good at jobs that services skill makes sense for wouldn't instantly be good at other jobs.  Would help make jobs and girls more varied plus if I do make more skills might as well added more sex skills which can be fun.  But I think the down's might be to much to do it.  The biggest down is having to set the skills in the .girlx file or they would just start at 100 and with as many girls as most people use that would be a huge huge pain in the ass.  Then girls would also cost more to buy.  So I'm on the fence on this I would love to do it but I use over 1000 girls having to redo all of them.... makes me sick to think about lol.

Last thing I want to talk about is future plans of .07.  For that patch I'm going look mostly at adding new places and new ways to get girls.  At this point I consider arena girls a failure.  Arena girls has been in my mod for a few months now and no one has made any but the orginal 2 I made.  So for ways to get new girls I'm going look at just using the existing ways to aquire girls.  Adding more things like the Arena tryouts and other things.  One of the things I'm thinking about is good for 2 things new way to get girls and a money sink.  Which is to add more slave markets but have it to where you have to pay a membership fee to be able to use the new ones.  I have other thoughts but nothing to share until I have them either better planned or know for sure I can make them work.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
trust me if i knew how to mod the "stats" of jobs in any way I WOULD HAVE AGES AGO, i have asked about it before and received very minor response leading to nothing. is it REALLY that hard to change a few numbers?

as for arena, i don't like it. with this game i kinda run into a corner and play in a way i know nothing could go wrong, due to the way the arena worked i didn't trust it (combat all together never worked for me, i would have a fully trained girl suddenly die from combat and i Couldent do anything but reload and hope it dosent happen again)

is there a way to break out the info on the jobs, like in text or something so they can be changed like a config file?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
Well, I've been using the Pinkutako's latest version of the interaction script.  Tried redownloading and reinstalling the script, but it still crashed.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Marquis

« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »
re: adding new skills to differentiate jobs

It seems easier to add traits, so maybe add traits that can be gained by doing a non-sex job. For example, "Good singing voice" might be gained if a girl does the singer job a lot. That trait could add to the pay. Maybe continue to use the Service skill for a variety of jobs, but slow down its improvement and have job oriented traits have a bigger impact. These could have levels as in EX such as "Good voice 1", "Good voice 2", etc. Other jobs may be as straightforward as "Barmaid 1", Barmaid 2". Maybe have job specific items as well such as a "Manual of Mixology" which helps bartender jobs or "Scrub brush" for Cleaning.

re: having a text/config file for jobs

The more things a player can tweak in a config file, the better. Pay/expense for various jobs is already in the config file, but I don't think adjusting it does anything. Which type picture shows may be much harder to give players the ability to change, but what might be nifty is the ability to set defaults. For example, let's say there's a new category of picture called "Clean", but I don't want to go through all of my packs and add/edit pics. A config file that allows me to say what should be used if Clean isn't found (maybe some want Ecchi, maybe some want Profile).

Offline crazy

« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
Well, I've been using the Pinkutako's latest version of the interaction script.  Tried redownloading and reinstalling the script, but it still crashed.
Hmm post a game log might help but if I was you I would just redownload and not but the script in try the game without it to make sure it works if it don't work with a clean game then I need the game log for sure.

Offline crazy

« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
trust me if i knew how to mod the "stats" of jobs in any way I WOULD HAVE AGES AGO, i have asked about it before and received very minor response leading to nothing. is it REALLY that hard to change a few numbers?
The problem is most jobs didn't use stats before I started working on this they just had rolls to decied what happened.  So there was nothing to change.
as for arena, i don't like it. with this game i kinda run into a corner and play in a way i know nothing could go wrong, due to the way the arena worked i didn't trust it (combat all together never worked for me, i would have a fully trained girl suddenly die from combat and i Couldent do anything but reload and hope it dosent happen again)
Was that in the arena or the catacombs?  Most the time if a girl with max combat loose its one of two things she can into an incorpeial or she fought 5 or more things.
is there a way to break out the info on the jobs, like in text or something so they can be changed like a config file?
I might be able to do the pay in the config file but other then that I doubt it.  Is that what your wanting to change or not? 

Offline crazy

« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
re: adding new skills to differentiate jobs
It seems easier to add traits, so maybe add traits that can be gained by doing a non-sex job. For example, "Good singing voice" might be gained if a girl does the singer job a lot. That trait could add to the pay. Maybe continue to use the Service skill for a variety of jobs, but slow down its improvement and have job oriented traits have a bigger impact. These could have levels as in EX such as "Good voice 1", "Good voice 2", etc. Other jobs may be as straightforward as "Barmaid 1", Barmaid 2". Maybe have job specific items as well such as a "Manual of Mixology" which helps bartender jobs or "Scrub brush" for Cleaning.
I had planed something close to this but was just planning on doing like a few high lvl traits that would give her better results hadn't thought about having lvling traits.. Hmm good ideal have to look into it.  As for items I'm not sure that can be done its a great ideal just have to look at how to make it work.
re: having a text/config file for jobs
The more things a player can tweak in a config file, the better. Pay/expense for various jobs is already in the config file, but I don't think adjusting it does anything. Which type picture shows may be much harder to give players the ability to change, but what might be nifty is the ability to set defaults. For example, let's say there's a new category of picture called "Clean", but I don't want to go through all of my packs and add/edit pics. A config file that allows me to say what should be used if Clean isn't found (maybe some want Ecchi, maybe some want Profile).
Another good ideal is the pic edit in config. 

But might as well take this time to say Everything defualts to something (As I've seen a few people taking about the pic numbers).  Like Nude should defualt to strip if there isn't a strip is should go to ecchi if there isn't an ecchi then it should go to profile.  When I make a new pic type I try to make sure it  goes to something that makes sense and that people might have already in the char folder.  I don't make them go to profile unless it makes the most sense.

Offline Aika

« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
As I go over the jobs its really hard to belive that it's taken this long for someone to mod them. 

I started on them, but never finished. Despite not having a lot of time over the summer, I did manage to put a little bit of time into the jobs in my mod, and had them just about finished. Then my hard drive failed, and I lost all that work. :/

I've started to reconstruct what I did, but I'm working from my svn source, which has a lot of your work still mingled into it. At this point, it would probably be easier for me to start from your source and work together on your mod than try to recover my own.

Offline Shilo

« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
Last thing I want to talk about is future plans of .07.  For that patch I'm going look mostly at adding new places and new ways to get girls.  At this point I consider arena girls a failure.  Arena girls has been in my mod for a few months now and no one has made any but the orginal 2 I made.

What has to be done in that regard? Only changing the entry that defines where you find this girl (adventures or slave) to a new arena type?
If that's all, maybe you could pick girls to be arena girls based on their combat skill? Unless that gets ugly to code and might lead to duplicate girls…