devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1032089 times)

Offline Parlarkey

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »
I don't know how compatible WMEdit is with this mod to be honest, it was created long before this mod was. I have always edited my girls files using notepad++  (search and replace is your friend).
But one thing to note...
Fast Orgasms and Slow Orgasms have to be spelled with the "O" not capitalized....Fast orgasms and Slow orgasms  at some point I intend to make the traits not rely on capitalization like they currently do.

I've read earlier reports about this problem also existing for Fake Orgasm Expert (should be Fake orgasm expert).

Offline crazy

« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
From the games I've played, autosave seems to work fine. When you click "Next week", it saves first, then processes the week. If you don't like the results (like customers attacking your girls, killing them), you can load the autosave and the game will return to right before you clicked the "Next week" button.
Yeah it should work just like that.

Offline crazy

« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
Around the next patch once a few bugs are gone I'm going be trying to post the mod on a few more sites to up the number of people playing it.  But I need help cause idk any sites to post it on lol.  So if you know a good site for me to post on to try and bring more people to playing let me know.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
Would you be able to link each sub-category of pictures back to their parents? IE call a 2girls,1guy Group Picture, but fall back onto the General Group picture pool if none can be found?

It'd eliminate both the possible disappointment of getting a non-related picture, and give pack makers peace-of-mind that if they cannot find enough or even any (sub)category pictures, it'll still call up suitable replacements.
I haven't put that much thought into it yet to be honest. But I will put your ideas into my notes for when I get to those kind of things.

On the re-write, are you considering making it progressive ONLY aka WM:EX (can't have whore customers in brothel before you set up basically everything else...) or is it more based on all jobs having individuality in girl-customer interactions within that specific job?

I really look forward to seeing what you have planned for both and especially the jobs implementation. Does it have progression & talents, say a girl usually isn't very good to start unless she's talented/item boosted/educated/trained for it? Again, look forward to it.
The job implementation is complicated, and wont really look very different to the person playing the game. It will mostly change how things work behind the scenes. I will say it will move things a little bit towards how they worked in EX. Basically right now when you goto next week, the game goes through each girl, and creates a customer on the spot, then compares the customer to that girl to see if he is interested in her. (The reason you get "She ran out of customers who liked her) is that it is far to easy for customers to reject girls, and there is no second chance.

What I plan to do is just the opposite... create a customer, have him decide what he wants to do in general (bar, gambling hall etc..) decide what services he wants there (will probably want more than one). And decide how much he is willing to spend on them.. then he will approach the various girls and negotiate prices for services. How much he is willing to pay will depend on things like what traits the girl has that he likes, and how much he budgeted for it.

After a customer buys services, it will then determine how satisfied both he and the girl are, to work out a few other things. (Tips, fame, xp, etc).

Progression and talents are something for a later addition, when we start looking at difficulty levels.

On an unrelated note, does autosave work? I remember it was always buggy/non-functional, wondering if it's still as useless as ever.

Don't know, I thought it worked as intended.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
Thanks on the autosave, might come in handy. How does it handed crashes on next week? Could be problematic on that issue.

On the gang screen, I've noticed that the Weekly Cost wording switches between Weekly and Daily. Might be a few old references still left in there, switches when you change gang jobs.

On picture sizes: I've noticed that I could possibly get better results if I edit the resolution of pictures to better line up in-game. What would be your recommendations on that aspect?

I encountered my first 'Customer couldn't pay'. I went to the dungeon and encountered a crash when I highlighted "Customer" in the dungeon list. I hadn't saved with the customer in there, however I had an other encounter, this time asking for his daughter, and being refused. I let him go then, and it worked as it's intended. Could of been just a random crash, will test it out further.

I've some thoughts on my play with Gangs, however I realize you've mentioned that they aren't a priority and aren't being worked on now, and might not be for some time, still, just my perspective on them:

On gangs, I've notices in a default configured game, if a player doesn't go after & eventually destroy the original 4, one or more of them become HUGE money wells, that if attacked in the future are very hard to eliminate, while giving huge sums of gold in the process (I completed a mission, and got 370,000 from the last remaining gang, LOL). This I think has been present in all versions I've played, but if you were to look at them, maybe a rejig to make the opposing gangs destroy each other (increasing their turnover so to speak) without any player involvement. They tend to do that but only after the player wipes out the 4 initial gangs from the start. If you leave the initial gangs alone, they consolidate into one or two mega-wealthy stagnant pools.

I was going to mention that I'd like them to be more of a problem for the player, however I remembered that I'm putting all my money in the bank and therefore not attracting them to attack me except if I have businesses. I also tend to balance the price you get for selling girls, and raising extortion income from 10g to at least 50g. (It's always funny when a father sells his daughter....for 10G!)

Crazy: you could consider ULMF (existing WM thread), hongfire (better to make a new one, but older one exists, that's how I found out about this new address) , Nihonmaru (? no experience from me) , LAH (little angel hentai, again, I have no experience with this). That's just the few I know that WM threads are relevant. Toonpimp maybe, no idea, futanari palace maybe? eka's portal (eku?) is vore based on recollection, but hey, maybe there's a general section?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:13:00 PM by trex »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #485 on: November 27, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
Hey, don't know if this still counts as a known bug, but changing the Config.xml file still causes the Arena, Centre, and Studio to disappear.

On a different note, do you know if it would be possible to include a description of what customers come for, like EX had?  Each day the Brothel menu gave a break-down of which posistions had received business, which was a huge help when deciding where to assign girls.  Would it be possible to include something like that?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #486 on: November 27, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
Hey, don't know if this still counts as a known bug, but changing the Config.xml file still causes the Arena, Centre, and Studio to disappear.

On a different note, do you know if it would be possible to include a description of what customers come for, like EX had?  Each day the Brothel menu gave a break-down of which posistions had received business, which was a huge help when deciding where to assign girls.  Would it be possible to include something like that?

The customer list would be a very nice addition indeed.

On the Config.xml issue. I've changed it, with Notepad++ as others have mentioned (due to crashes by changing initial gold) and I still have the center/arena/studio/clinic show up both in the map and functionally. Perhaps again Notepad++ can help with that?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
I'll try that, thanks.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #488 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
Trex, thanks for the bug report on the dungeon.. will add to my list, but may be harder to track down. As to gangs, Crazy and I have discussed some ways to make them better, but it is not high on the list at the moment.

At the moment this is NOT possible, because the game does not handle customers like the EX version. They only exist temporarily, and have no decision making process. Once I finish the job-rework, then it will be possible. In fact, one of my long term goals is to be able to have you follow a customer as he goes through your business, and give better feedback on what is needed.

Right now, it does not make a difference where you put your girls. They have the same chance of getting business anywhere, depending on their stats.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #489 on: November 27, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
Progress report for next patch, today worked on some bugs.
Fixed --
Error in girls detail screen where it was listing job types more than once.
Error on transfer girls screen.. it now should work as intended.

-- Maybe fixed.
Error in girls pay. I was not really able to duplicate the reported bugs where girls would still get payed if they did not have a job, or refused job. Nor the cumalative pay bug... but, I added code to zero out a girls income for a shift prior to shift starting in all areas.. so this should fix that problem.

Found a couple of new bugs to work on... sigh...
Studio: Girls seem to be working both shifts even though you only assign them a job on one.
Also the studio screen shares some screen elements with the arena, and the girl management screen which is confusing. (this is more or less true for all the new buildings)

In the turn summary. Hitting the spacebar while a gang is selected crashes the game (probably trying to go to girl detail screen with no girl selected.)

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #490 on: November 28, 2012, 02:19:17 AM »
Would it be possible to add in shortcuts for the new buildings ? As I remember it, they don't exist for clinic, studio & arena (arena might have one).

I got the cumulative pay bug by having a girl on both shifts, and her refusing one or all shifts one week. The subsequent shifts, she earned basically x2. I had milking jobs chain up into the hundreds this way.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:02:00 AM by trex »

Offline crazy

« Reply #491 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »
Would it be possible to add in shortcuts for the new buildings ? As I remember it, they don't exist for clinic, studio & arena (arena might have one).
They have a few I'm sure we will add more as we go...  I'll see what they have and make a note of what they don't.  But are you talking about a shortcut to get to the new buildings or just all the hotkey in general?

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »

A specific hotkey, I'm going of what I've read when you press 0 in the main screen. I didn't see them listed, from memory I might be wrong but I know not all of them are mapped yet.

Could you give me a breakdown of what jobs depend on what stats? IE Group Sex....>Group Skill. Obvious, but on Service, which jobs use it? Do all jobs use one skill only?

I was looking at PCFear & PClove in the girls editor, how would I use them? IE what variables do what, -1 =? ect

Is there anything I shouldn't touch in the editor, or settings I shouldn't change from the norm? I'd like to play around with it more, and I also noticed that hewhocumsatnight has made some girls (Pretty ? blonde one from memory) that initially start with fearing the player will kill her. I like that for diversity and a harder playstyle. I'd keep pessimists initial happiness over 40 so they don't commit suicide the first week you get them. Is there anything else I should take note on?

Offline crazy

« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2012, 06:02:55 AM »
A specific hotkey, I'm going of what I've read when you press 0 in the main screen. I didn't see them listed, from memory I might be wrong but I know not all of them are mapped yet.
I'm sure at some point we will get all of them a hotkey but there is going be alot more buildings in the future unless we change things up and do something different.
Could you give me a breakdown of what jobs depend on what stats? IE Group Sex....>Group Skill. Obvious, but on Service, which jobs use it? Do all jobs use one skill only?
Right now I could but it might change soon once its set for sure I'll either do a guide or something along EX where it tells if a girl is good at a  job in game.  Most jobs use a stat like INT and a skill some use 3 or 4 of either skills or stats.  Then traits come into play as some traits make them better at the job some worse.
I was looking at PCFear & PClove in the girls editor, how would I use them? IE what variables do what, -1 =? ect
PCFear is shown by telling you if she thinks your good or should die etc..  It works on a scale of 100 to -100.  100 means she thinks you should die.  PCLove works kinda the same way but 100 mean they think your there true love.
Is there anything I shouldn't touch in the editor, or settings I shouldn't change from the norm? I'd like to play around with it more, and I also noticed that hewhocumsatnight has made some girls (Pretty ? blonde one from memory) that initially start with fearing the player will kill her. I like that for diversity and a harder playstyle. I'd keep pessimists initial happiness over 40 so they don't commit suicide the first week you get them. Is there anything else I should take note on?
I don't think askprice will actually change anything but anything else feel free to play with... Well make sure to not have them start at 0 health but I figure you already knew that lol.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:13:01 AM by crazy »

Offline crazy

« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2012, 06:32:03 AM »
Crazy: you could consider ULMF (existing WM thread), hongfire (better to make a new one, but older one exists, that's how I found out about this new address) , Nihonmaru (? no experience from me) , LAH (little angel hentai, again, I have no experience with this). That's just the few I know that WM threads are relevant. Toonpimp maybe, no idea, futanari palace maybe? eka's portal (eku?) is vore based on recollection, but hey, maybe there's a general section?
Whats ULMF?  I'll keep the others in mind except eku vore scares me lol.  As far as gangs go as PP said we have talked about it and gangs will be getting major changes at some point.

Edit-  If anyone wants to take a shoot at making a new item file let me know as it needs some balance and underwear items need to be added.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:42:40 AM by crazy »