Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025506 times)

Offline trex

• Donator
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »
http://ulmf.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=6

That's the relevant sub-section in the Unofficial LineMarvel Forums (ULMF, Line marvel made a run-or-rape game 5 or so years ago on newgrounds & got a small following, he disappeared around 3 years ago (unsure) but that forum is considerable).

Here is the WM Thread link from ULMF: http://ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=1708&page=6

Some people asked what happened to this site & also how to add new girls just yesterday, could be a good opportunity to advertise this version of the game & let people know development is still going.

I wouldn't mind working together on items, what would you have in mind? How does underwear work, & what should costing, benefits like trait adding & removing, and overall theme be?

Some time ago I used a version of items that had therapy & and education/training for traits as items that I think had percentage rates of success, would you be interested in something along those lines?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:54:49 AM by trex »

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
I assume 'Underwear' is just an extra layer of clothing, which currently falls under the 'Dress' category (i.e. Designer Lingerie, Lace Lingerie, Leather Lingerie, Organic Lingerie, etc.).

Assuming the categories aren't mutually exclusive, I suppose this means you could put a girl in both a Royal Gown AND Designer Lingerie, meaning she'd get the bonuses from both items. In the old situation, you would have to choose whether you gave a girl the Royal Gown, OR the Designer Lingerie. Therefore, the extra category makes it easier to build stats on your girls (as you have an extra item slot to put items in which raise stats... in my example, the Charisma of a girl would be boosted by +39). To balance this out, I suppose you could tone down the stats that 'Dress' and 'Underwear' items add, to the point where a Dress + Underwear item in the new settings would give roughly the same maximum benefit as a single item before (special items notwithstanding).

As far as pricing goes, I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, it doesn't make sense if a half-way decent dress would cost more than the average girl from the slave trader would.
On the other hand, money is already quite easy to come by... either that or the girls just aren't balanced very well, there are quite a lot of girls who can earn back the 1000-1500 gold they cost within one week, if you put them to work in the brothel. If girls were that cheap, why wouldn't brothel visitors just buy their own keep-at-home girls I wonder? Where's the real investment in buying a girl for your brothel? Anyway, I digress... my point is, making items cheap as it is now might make the game too easy in general.

You might want to wait a bit with making big changes in pricing, until we know what PP's reworked customer system will do to the economy of the game. I've been piddling a bit with the pricing myself, and came to the conclusion that girls should be a lot more expensive than they are now (think at least 5-10x more expensive). It would make girls more of a rare commodity, force players to think harder about which girls they want to buy at first and I suppose slow the pace of the game a bit, leaving more room for the roleplay-like scripts and other aspects. Of course this is just my opinion, I suppose a lot of players like being able to build out their group of girls fast and will fully respect the decisions of the developers in whichever direction they want to take the game, it's awesome either way :).

The therapy and education/training items sound very interesting, would those be like consumables? In any case, a bit more variation and item tailoring to make girls more suited for specific jobs sounds awesome, I'd love to see some of those in the game.

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
Hi!

I've been playing this mod a couple of days now.

Nice new script and pics. Keep up the good work.

I've encountered some problem/bugs. I don't know if it's only me or everyone is having it.

1- The next/previous button in girl management profile screen for arena, clinic, studio and center don't work.
    *When start a new game it's fine. After loading the game a couple of time it doesn't work any more.
      e.g. You choose to see arena girl A profile and click next to see arena girl B, instead it goes to girl Z in current brothel.

2 - Inventory list for girls in arena, clinic, studio and center are under current brothel inventory list.
     *Usually the inventory list consist current brothel girls + girls in dungeon. Now we have current brothel + dungeon + arena
       + clinic + studio + center. So many girls.
      If I have 100 room for my current brothel and another 20 in the dungeon, just imagine! 100+20+20+20+20+20=200 girls.
      What a long list I have.

3 - General jobs in arena, clinic, studio and center.
    *advertising & customer service doesn't do anything. Make no money and ran out of customer is all I get.
    Suggestion : - what if the places mentioned above are treated as if its like just another brothel maybe that will work.
                         - put some info like fame, filthiness, profit and etc, just like a normal brothel would have. Well except the
                           center where you should lose some money for charity.
P.s :- Maybe problem 2 & 3 can be solved by doing this. Make it so each building works as an individual building much like your second brothel. For now the other buildings are somehow still connected to the brothel.

4 - Sometime I get a script " you earn 23456782 gold from movie income, at your studio" or similar figure. What is this?
     *The figure say I got millions of gold but it does not add to my profit or money.

Well i think that is all the problems that I have now. I'm gonna play some more and see what other problem should arise.

Thanks in advance.

"Just Loooovveee Being A Whoremaster. Muahahahah"

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
I assume 'Underwear' is just an extra layer of clothing, which currently falls under the 'Dress' category (i.e. Designer Lingerie, Lace Lingerie, Leather Lingerie, Organic Lingerie, etc.).

Assuming the categories aren't mutually exclusive, I suppose this means you could put a girl in both a Royal Gown AND Designer Lingerie, meaning she'd get the bonuses from both items. In the old situation, you would have to choose whether you gave a girl the Royal Gown, OR the Designer Lingerie. Therefore, the extra category makes it easier to build stats on your girls (as you have an extra item slot to put items in which raise stats... in my example, the Charisma of a girl would be boosted by +39). To balance this out, I suppose you could tone down the stats that 'Dress' and 'Underwear' items add, to the point where a Dress + Underwear item in the new settings would give roughly the same maximum benefit as a single item before (special items notwithstanding).

As far as pricing goes, I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, it doesn't make sense if a half-way decent dress would cost more than the average girl from the slave trader would.
On the other hand, money is already quite easy to come by... either that or the girls just aren't balanced very well, there are quite a lot of girls who can earn back the 1000-1500 gold they cost within one week, if you put them to work in the brothel. If girls were that cheap, why wouldn't brothel visitors just buy their own keep-at-home girls I wonder? Where's the real investment in buying a girl for your brothel? Anyway, I digress... my point is, making items cheap as it is now might make the game too easy in general.

You might want to wait a bit with making big changes in pricing, until we know what PP's reworked customer system will do to the economy of the game. I've been piddling a bit with the pricing myself, and came to the conclusion that girls should be a lot more expensive than they are now (think at least 5-10x more expensive). It would make girls more of a rare commodity, force players to think harder about which girls they want to buy at first and I suppose slow the pace of the game a bit, leaving more room for the roleplay-like scripts and other aspects. Of course this is just my opinion, I suppose a lot of players like being able to build out their group of girls fast and will fully respect the decisions of the developers in whichever direction they want to take the game, it's awesome either way :) .

The therapy and education/training items sound very interesting, would those be like consumables? In any case, a bit more variation and item tailoring to make girls more suited for specific jobs sounds awesome, I'd love to see some of those in the game.

Good points.

Personally I would be fine to make 2 versions of the items. 1 vanilla pricing and 1 to suit my own config file changes I plan to distribute.

In giving the downloader the option of the two, they decide on their preference of difficulty. My solution to the issue you've raised at least.

Yes, the therapy/education items would be consumable. I'm thinking of splitting the quality factor into rates of success, so 'You get what you pay for' & Luck. If the item is ineffective (roll=fail) it could be interpreted as the girl simply having very difficult problems in therapy or being slow on the uptake of new skills.

One thing I would say is I don't know if you could link a girl's existing trait (Quick Learner) to an item's rate of success on usage, say for an educational consumable item that'd work as training. IE if girl has Quick Learner, boost success rate on a specific item by 10% ect.

Personally, as underwear is optional, and not usually worn exclusively (bar swimsuits, lingerie ect), I'd keep their boosting properties lower than full outfits. Maybe give them specific boosters, like fetish wear underwear boosting bdsm, scented (?) underwear boosting beast ect. As suggested, underwear that could be considered a full outfit in itself should be comparable to normal clothing.

darkvahl: I also get issues 1 &2. Cannot speak for the others you've mentioned as I haven't encountered 4 & not noticed 3 yet.

Offline crazy

« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
1- The next/previous button in girl management profile screen for arena, clinic, studio and center don't work.
    *When start a new game it's fine. After loading the game a couple of time it doesn't work any more.
      e.g. You choose to see arena girl A profile and click next to see arena girl B, instead it goes to girl Z in current brothel.
Know bug atleast to me PP might not know about it.  Basicly it is after you get your 2nd brothel that this happens and my understanding is its cause of the way the other buildings are coded.
2 - Inventory list for girls in arena, clinic, studio and center are under current brothel inventory list.
     *Usually the inventory list consist current brothel girls + girls in dungeon. Now we have current brothel + dungeon + arena
      If I have 100 room for my current brothel and another 20 in the dungeon, just imagine! 100+20+20+20+20+20=200 girls.
      What a long list I have.
This is a work around to be able to give items to girls in the other buildings.  Before this patch it wasn't even possable to do.
    *advertising & customer service doesn't do anything. Make no money and ran out of customer is all I get.
    Suggestion : - what if the places mentioned above are treated as if its like just another brothel maybe that will work.
                         - put some info like fame, filthiness, profit and etc, just like a normal brothel would have. Well except the
I need to just take the general jobs off the list for other buildings only reason I haven't is so you can have a matron take girls off the shifts so you don't have to watch them so close.  Other buildings still need alot of work but yeah stuff like filth fame etc will be in there sooner or later.  And yeah the centre is kinda supose to cost you money I'm hoping next patch it will do just that.
P.s :- Maybe problem 2 & 3 can be solved by doing this. Make it so each building works as an individual building much like your second brothel. For now the other buildings are somehow still connected to the brothel.
It would but but I've just been working with them the way they are coded cause I'm not the greatest at coding.  I think PP is going to just that at some point but he's working on other stuff.
4 - Sometime I get a script " you earn 23456782 gold from movie income, at your studio" or similar figure. What is this?
     *The figure say I got millions of gold but it does not add to my profit or money.
I have never seen this ever.  Are you actually using the studio?
Thanks for the bug report keep them coming.

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #500 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »

Yes, i'm using the studio.
1 - load game, press next week 2-3 weeks (income is 0)
2 - go to studio-release movie (i use shift and select all scene then click release movie)
3 - click next week a couple of times before repeat step 2.

Usually i get let say 20g after step 3, next week will be 19/18g and will decrease until 5/6g then i go to step 2 again.
Sometime if i leave the studio unattended long enough the script will appear. its random.
some time it appear just after the first week where it should be 0 income and some time in between weeks.
i've started new game so many time still the same in all game i've played.
although it does not affect anything (causing crash or etc..), still i think i should tell you guys. 

Well whatever, thanks and GANBATE!!!!

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #501 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:17 AM »
Some odd behavior I picked up.

1. No rape at all from catacombs?

Noticed a 0 combat 0 magic no combat traits at all (tough, merciless ect) girl regularly gets "No one wanted to play today". So I starved & beat her down to 5% health. She comes back with loot. So, only two states possible it seems (No loot, loot), with Failed & raped not appearing.

As far as I recall from all of my playthroughs, not once has fail & rape appeared.

2. Combat/Progression traits maybe totally randomized, and there may be no way around this, but above stated girl got 'TOUGH" on her 3rd successful (loot) catacombs attempt. Could just be luck.

Offline crazy

« Reply #502 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:25 AM »
Yes, i'm using the studio.
1 - load game, press next week 2-3 weeks (income is 0)
2 - go to studio-release movie (i use shift and select all scene then click release movie)
3 - click next week a couple of times before repeat step 2.

Usually i get let say 20g after step 3, next week will be 19/18g and will decrease until 5/6g then i go to step 2 again.
Sometime if i leave the studio unattended long enough the script will appear. its random.
some time it appear just after the first week where it should be 0 income and some time in between weeks.
i've started new game so many time still the same in all game i've played.
although it does not affect anything (causing crash or etc..), still i think i should tell you guys. 
I'll look into it.  I'm hoping we can fix the money problem of the studio soon as it broke bad 20g a week is a joke.
Noticed a 0 combat 0 magic no combat traits at all (tough, merciless ect) girl regularly gets "No one wanted to play today". So I starved & beat her down to 5% health. She comes back with loot. So, only two states possible it seems (No loot, loot), with Failed & raped not appearing.
As far as I recall from all of my playthroughs, not once has fail & rape appeared.
I think you have just got really lucky as I've seen rape. 

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #503 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Personally I would be fine to make 2 versions of the items. 1 vanilla pricing and 1 to suit my own config file changes I plan to distribute.

In giving the downloader the option of the two, they decide on their preference of difficulty. My solution to the issue you've raised at least.
Sounds good :). One of the strengths of the game is that it's very much possible to customize it to your own desires, so no one will be left wanting that way.

I like the chance of success items, it would let you invest more heavily into fewer girls, in order to raise their potential on particular jobs rather than building out a big library of girls who are all so-so at it. If the game eventually would get balanced to make either strategy viable, that'd be pretty sweet :). I suppose it would be nice if traits like Quick Learner (or maybe even Nerd, being book-smart) would improve the odds, but if not it's not the end of the world. You could always argue that being a quick learner in everyday situations won't neccessarily improve your likelihood of success when using a magical item to gain a stat, or therapy being successful.

Personally, as underwear is optional, and not usually worn exclusively (bar swimsuits, lingerie ect), I'd keep their boosting properties lower than full outfits. Maybe give them specific boosters, like fetish wear underwear boosting bdsm, scented (?) underwear boosting beast ect. As suggested, underwear that could be considered a full outfit in itself should be comparable to normal clothing.
That is true, though the problem then remains that you could still get the full stacks from both slots. Perhaps it would be possible to leave the full lingerie outfits under 'Dress' (since they're basically a full outfit, not meant to be covered up), making the 'Underwear' category more of an enhancement category. For example, if you own the White String Bikini under 'Dress', you could still get a more fetish-oriented, scented or open-crotched bikini bottom to boost the stats a bit.

I can confirm this. Just started a new game and bought the wimpiest girl I could find (regular game, 500+ girls). All I would get was the 'No one wants to play :(' result, probably because her encountering anyone would definitely mean she'd lose.

In a different game that I tried with just one Normal girl (70% combat) and three tough-as-nails Catacombs girls who would probably be able to beat her, I would get monsters to fight a good portion of the time but I would always only find items. The girl never captured any of the monster girls, or captured any beasts. I also found a fairly high amount of green items (9 in 5 months, with one girl running Catacombs in both shifts). In those 5 months, not a single capture or failure.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:02:27 AM by Parlarkey »

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #504 on: November 29, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »
This one is new to me, I assume you mean when you are looking at the girl's detail screen? If so, I think I know what the problem probably is, will look at it.

What a long list I have.
Unfortunately, for the moment this is as intended... I had to do it as a work around due to the way the new buildings were added in. I will probably be able to fix it so it only shows the girls in an individual building, but it will take quite  a bit of work.

The general tab needs to be modified for the new buildings. Crazy is talking about taking it out, but if we do, we need to add some of those functions into the normal jobs for those buildings (matron, cleaning).

Currently, the arena, clinic, centre, and studio ARE treated like brothels. But they are indexed differently than the normal brothels, so it makes working with them difficult. because of this, there are a lot of problems with those buildings right now, that have to do with the way they use a lot of the same code as brothels, but use it in a different manner.

Noted, I will probably have a fix for this one pretty quick.

Thanks for the reports! Need all the feedback we can get.
--PP

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #505 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »

2. Combat/Progression traits maybe totally randomized, and there may be no way around this, but above stated girl got 'TOUGH" on her 3rd successful (loot) catacombs attempt. Could just be luck.

New bug for me at least, I haven't looked at the catacombs in a while. The combat in this game is pretty straight forward, so I will take some time to check it out soon.

Thanks for letting us know!
--PP

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #506 on: November 29, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
Hmm taking a look at the studio for the first time, lots of problems here. Currently it is impossible to turn a profit in the studio due to the way it works.

1. All girls in studio work a double shift (day and night) when filming. And get paid for both shifts.. a lot. So roughly 170 to 180 gold per week per girl.
2. Income of movie is directly equal to it's quality. And this is very low.
3. Quality degrades every week by 15% so movie income goes down 15% per week too.
4. Movie runs 35 weeks. So total income for a movie will be less than amount paid to the girls to film it.
5. Because girls are working double shifts, they get very tired very fast.

So.. I will tweak this quite a bit.
First: I intend to make it so the girls don't get paid such a large amount.
Second: I intend to either make the game raise the quality of the movies, or pay more per quality whichever...
Third: I will probably change the way the quality degrades, and cap it at some point.

So, What I am looking for is feed back on what a average quality movie should make, if it is produced using minimum staff (1 cameramage, 1 crystal purifier, 1 star), with only 1 week's worth of scene's.(that would be two scenes). And how much the girls should get paid per job (on average). Jobs being:

Film sex
film bsdm
etc...
Fluffer
cameramage
crystal purifier

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #507 on: November 29, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
Hmm taking a look at the studio for the first time, lots of problems here. Currently it is impossible to turn a profit in the studio due to the way it works.

1. All girls in studio work a double shift (day and night) when filming. And get paid for both shifts.. a lot. So roughly 170 to 180 gold per week per girl.
2. Income of movie is directly equal to it's quality. And this is very low.
3. Quality degrades every week by 15% so movie income goes down 15% per week too.
4. Movie runs 35 weeks. So total income for a movie will be less than amount paid to the girls to film it.
5. Because girls are working double shifts, they get very tired very fast.

So.. I will tweak this quite a bit.
First: I intend to make it so the girls don't get paid such a large amount.
Second: I intend to either make the game raise the quality of the movies, or pay more per quality whichever...
Third: I will probably change the way the quality degrades, and cap it at some point.

So, What I am looking for is feed back on what a average quality movie should make, if it is produced using minimum staff (1 cameramage, 1 crystal purifier, 1 star), with only 1 week's worth of scene's.(that would be two scenes). And how much the girls should get paid per job (on average). Jobs being:

Film sex
film bsdm
etc...
Fluffer
cameramage
crystal purifier

Could you make it that if the girl is a slave, you do only pay her whatever PERCENTAGE you've set? Would it be also possible to retrofit the other jobs that pay slavegirls. I never understood why I'm forced to let this happen: "You pay her XX gold, she gets to keep it ALL."

IE slaves & free girls are only paid whatever percentage is set for them in all jobs.

I think degradation of film income is fine, but like you've said, income really needs to be increased. I'm fine also on the double-shifting, as long as it doesn't suffer from the double-shift bug. Being a bit tired out from film making is a fair trade-off, especially if it's income is bumped significantly, and that really is the only danger (besides pregnancy).

I think if it's possible, a 10%+ bump in income if the sex in the film is non-vanilla. So Bdsm ect bumps up quality to achieve this (because it's more specialized/niche/fetish?)

I'd keep such a small film low in quality. I'd be happy to see 500g+ week on a decently made film on release, with 5-10%+ loss per week in income. Maybe structure it so 1 girl + crew films can earn that, but only if they have a decent quality of scenes and there's more scenes than average (more girls = easier film making, for balance).

If at all possible, increasing the cost on making the film (adding a cost to the player to each amount of jobs active?) would be a nice touch. Making the costs considerable, and having say a 4 week minimum time for any film, could even out the Income/Expense side of things.

Not sure if a minimum period is feasible with the current set up though, if you did decide to implement it, could you either automatically grey out the create movie button until the game detected 4 weeks had at least past, or add in a 'start shooting' button that would run a weekly counter, and then 'ungrey' the create button?

Just some of my thoughts/ideas on that. At the end of the day, I would like to have the option of using the studio practically, but wouldn't like it to be a no-risk cash cow either.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:07:07 PM by trex »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #508 on: November 30, 2012, 07:10:06 AM »
Some more generaly amendments from my side.

Please modder, concentrate your great work on the importent things first.

Its honorful from your side , the willing  to include all the input from us forum members.

But if you fullfill each single wish, you will split your power and you don't bring the game realy forward.

Additionally the game becomes neither meat nor fish, lets say.

A lot of player have collected dozens ore hundreds of girls. This is one of the characteristics of WM and sets a differentiation "slavemaker" (as an example ).

And to handle a lot of girls in this game should be comfortable  playable even for a long playing time . Finally you get more and more girls....

Dont understand me wrong. I also like more ruleplay included into this game , more exceptions , more possibilities to play , but keep the target in mind.

And once again, thanks for the great work you've already done .

puhh , to translate my thoughts into English isn't easy , hope everybody understands

Kind Regards
HuiBui

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #509 on: November 30, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »

Could you make it that if the girl is a slave, you do only pay her whatever PERCENTAGE you've set? Would it be also possible to retrofit the other jobs that pay slavegirls. I never understood why I'm forced to let this happen: "You pay her XX gold, she gets to keep it ALL."

IE slaves & free girls are only paid whatever percentage is set for them in all jobs.

I think degradation of film income is fine, but like you've said, income really needs to be increased. I'm fine also on the double-shifting, as long as it doesn't suffer from the double-shift bug. Being a bit tired out from film making is a fair trade-off, especially if it's income is bumped significantly, and that really is the only danger (besides pregnancy).

I think if it's possible, a 10%+ bump in income if the sex in the film is non-vanilla. So Bdsm ect bumps up quality to achieve this (because it's more specialized/niche/fetish?)

I'd keep such a small film low in quality. I'd be happy to see 500g+ week on a decently made film on release, with 5-10%+ loss per week in income. Maybe structure it so 1 girl + crew films can earn that, but only if they have a decent quality of scenes and there's more scenes than average (more girls = easier film making, for balance).

If at all possible, increasing the cost on making the film (adding a cost to the player to each amount of jobs active?) would be a nice touch. Making the costs considerable, and having say a 4 week minimum time for any film, could even out the Income/Expense side of things.

Not sure if a minimum period is feasible with the current set up though, if you did decide to implement it, could you either automatically grey out the create movie button until the game detected 4 weeks had at least past, or add in a 'start shooting' button that would run a weekly counter, and then 'ungrey' the create button?

Just some of my thoughts/ideas on that. At the end of the day, I would like to have the option of using the studio practically, but wouldn't like it to be a no-risk cash cow either.

The percent thing would be pretty easy, but that really only applies to free girls, all slaves have a house percent of 100%.

I agree about degradation and income, just trying to decide how much it should be. I will be looking at a quite a few variables to effect how much a film makes.

Shouldn't be too hard, but then again, I dont mind the idea of a shot single scene film.. it just should not make much money, and should not cost a whole lot to make.

I plan to spend this weekend working on the studio to make it useful. So we will see how it comes out, and then tweak it after some feedback.

--PP