Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1029669 times)

Offline F-Trill

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #645 on: March 05, 2013, 04:41:03 AM »
Things you might do to test this out...
move a large portion of the girl files (not the pictures, just the girlsx and rgirlsx files) to another directory... then try running the game.  If it still crashes, then move those ones back, and the ones you left behind the first time out...

This way you are only testing so many at once.
Of course it is possible that you have several bad girl files... also check your items files if you have custom ones. and any other custom XML type files you may have.

I would normally ask for the logfile, but I don't know the save game system that well to be honest. Just one more thing to look into.

I appreciate that.

I actually did find the issue, and since it doesn't seem to be a bug, as much as a need for updating packs, I'll give voice to it here: It seems that some of the random girl packs I had were what was bugging the game out.  ???

I checked this out originally, but there was an old config file that somehow got transported to the new system folder, and that was also causing it to crash.  When I figured that out, and fixed the problem, it crashed on loading the random girl packs.  I removed them, and the game loaded fine.

I tested it also, to see if that's indeed what it was.  Started two games, and bought a couple slaves: I one game, I bought only the unique slaves, and in the other, I only bought random.  The random girls game crashed, but the unique girls game loaded properly.

Then, I removed those files once more, and tried the same test once again, this time using the remaining random girl files.  Both games loaded as they should.  Thus, the bug was not with the game itself, but rather something in the .rgirlsx file.

I did have a suggestion, and it may already be possible to do, actually...  Is there a way we can add a line to .girlsx and .rgirlsx files that the program will not read, but which will credit the pack creator?  It occurred to me that this would be an excellent way to keep straight the GP creators, without needing to archive all the GPs or maintain a list, or some other such nonsense.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #646 on: March 06, 2013, 03:41:04 AM »
It's something that if a pack creator wanted to do they could, if they knew enough about programming. it's like <<< or something like that. (eh, I haven't looked at the code in ages, and I'm no programmer)

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #647 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:36 AM »
link dead please reupload

Offline GonDra

« Reply #648 on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:19 AM »
link dead please reupload
yeah ive not had time to reupload it but you can grab it here http://sharesix.com/lp8l6xd8i0zb

Crazy could you add the link to the first post when you have time? It is getting a bit annoying replying to people that can't spare the time to look at the last couple of pages.

Offline crazy

« Reply #649 on: March 07, 2013, 10:29:49 PM »
Crazy could you add the link to the first post when you have time? It is getting a bit annoying replying to people that can't spare the time to look at the last couple of pages.
lol yeah i should do that

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #650 on: March 07, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »

I did have a suggestion, and it may already be possible to do, actually...  Is there a way we can add a line to .girlsx and .rgirlsx files that the program will not read, but which will credit the pack creator?  It occurred to me that this would be an excellent way to keep straight the GP creators, without needing to archive all the GPs or maintain a list, or some other such nonsense.

I assume you could just put it in as a xml comment. Would look something like this.

<!-- Authored by xxxxx -->
<!-- Compatible with blah blah mod, and Crazy mod -->

As long as it is on it's own line, that should work fine, and could go at the top or bottom. (I have not tested this, but it is a normal feature of xml files.)

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #651 on: March 08, 2013, 12:56:11 AM »
does the Girl Packs for Original WM works for this version ?

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
I assume you could just put it in as a xml comment. Would look something like this.

As long as it is on it's own line, that should work fine, and could go at the top or bottom. (I have not tested this, but it is a normal feature of xml files.)

That's what I  thought, but I figured I'd check it with you guys first.

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2013, 08:08:39 PM »

One fine point is that the XML declaration line, starting "<?xml " needs to be the first line, so comments could be line 2 through end.

A handy editor I use is Microsoft's XML Notepad (2007, free). Somewhat dated, and some of the XMLdiffs I ran didn't seem right, but simplifies a lot of the syntax/structure, incl. comments.

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #654 on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »

One fine point is that the XML declaration line, starting "<?xml " needs to be the first line, so comments could be line 2 through end.

A handy editor I use is Microsoft's XML Notepad (2007, free). Somewhat dated, and some of the XMLdiffs I ran didn't seem right, but simplifies a lot of the syntax/structure, incl. comments.

Thanks for the info, Dan!

Offline Marquis

« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
Each girl seems to start with basically the same enjoyment/distaste for every job at -20. Is it possible to
1- externalize these defaults into a user editable file such that maybe SEX starts at -40 and WORKBAR starts at 0? This can be done by editing the save file, but it would be nice to have it separate.
2- [size=78%]add these fields at default values to the girlsx/rgirlsx files so we can tailor them? (e.g. Girl A likes WORKSECURITY, Girl B hates it). Again, could be done in the save file.[/size]
3- add different enjoyment for different SEX acts. i.e. expand the fields. This might be tougher.

<COMBAT Enjoys="-20" />
                <SEX Enjoys="-20" />
                <GENERAL Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCLEANING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKMATRON Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKBAR Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKHALL Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKSHOW Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKSECURITY Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKADVERTISING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKTORTURER Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCARING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKDOCTOR Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKMOVIE Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCUSTSERV Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCENTRE Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCLUB Enjoys="-20" />
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:45:21 PM by Marquis »

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #656 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:29 AM »
I apologize if this has already been answered, but the .rar I downloaded for Crazy and PPs mod v5e requires a password. What's the password?
Also, for some reason I can play Crazy and PPs mod v5e SC. Is there a program I need to download for it to run? If it helps, I'm using a new hard
drive that might not have everything I need to run the SC version. Can someone help me out?

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #657 on: March 25, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »
If your taking suggestions...I don't guess there would be a way to add a 'set bonus' so if you have a specific group of girls you get something out of it....depending on the girls...like they are more compliant or something.  You could add it to one of the group so it checks if the others have been acquired.

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »
I apologize if this has already been answered, but the .rar I downloaded for Crazy and PPs mod v5e requires a password. What's the password?
Also, for some reason I can play Crazy and PPs mod v5e SC. Is there a program I need to download for it to run? If it helps, I'm using a new hard
drive that might not have everything I need to run the SC version. Can someone help me out?

The password is usually "whoremaster".

General rule of thumb is that anytime you see "SC," you're dealing with the source code, not the packaged game.  The SC is playable, but takes far more space on your HD than is necessary.  If that's the only one you got, I highly recommend you download the latest version of the actual packaged game: http://sharesix.com/lp8l6xd8i0zb

Once you've got that done, download some girl packs and have fun.  8)

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #659 on: March 25, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »
Thank you F-Thrill. I'll try it after I'm done with my visual basic homework. =)
I know how to get the girl packs, I just haven't been on the site in a while. Thanks again.