Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025052 times)

Offline PinkPervert

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Each girl seems to start with basically the same enjoyment/distaste for every job at -20. Is it possible to
1- externalize these defaults into a user editable file such that maybe SEX starts at -40 and WORKBAR starts at 0? This can be done by editing the save file, but it would be nice to have it separate.
2- [size=78%]add these fields at default values to the girlsx/rgirlsx files so we can tailor them? (e.g. Girl A likes WORKSECURITY, Girl B hates it). Again, could be done in the save file.[/size]
3- add different enjoyment for different SEX acts. i.e. expand the fields. This might be tougher.

<COMBAT Enjoys="-20" />
                <SEX Enjoys="-20" />
                <GENERAL Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCLEANING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKMATRON Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKBAR Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKHALL Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKSHOW Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKSECURITY Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKADVERTISING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKTORTURER Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCARING Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKDOCTOR Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKMOVIE Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCUSTSERV Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCENTRE Enjoys="-20" />
                <WORKCLUB Enjoys="-20" />

What I had considered is just randomizing it a bit, with some weighing towards jobs that match their traits, or something like that.
What you suggest would be possible, but a serious pain in the butt to program, and create a LOT of work for the people who make girl packs. I will put it in my notes to think about at a later time though.
-PP

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #661 on: March 26, 2013, 03:22:07 AM »
Thank you F-Thrill. I'll try it after I'm done with my visual basic homework. =)
I know how to get the girl packs, I just haven't been on the site in a while. Thanks again.

No problem, friend.  Glad to have you back.

Offline Marquis

« Reply #662 on: March 26, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »
What I had considered is just randomizing it a bit, with some weighing towards jobs that match their traits, or something like that.
What you suggest would be possible, but a serious pain in the butt to program, and create a LOT of work for the people who make girl packs. I will put it in my notes to think about at a later time though.
-PP
I agree that including in the girlsx file would be a pain. How about:
1-Change the base defaults around a bit to reflect general desirability.
2-Adjust this for traits (e.g. nympho +20 desirability of WORKSEX)
3-Randomize around the defaults a bit as you suggest

Is it easy to add traits that affect desirability of jobs? e.g. Introverted gives a -20 modifier to various 'public' jobs, exhibitionist +10 to movies, etc.
Adding a trait to a girl is a lot easier on pack makers.  :)

Offline crazy

« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
2-Adjust this for traits (e.g. nympho +20 desirability of WORKSEX)
Think I'm going work on this very thing.  Make traits effect how much a girl likes or dislikes a job.  Did a test of this and the way I'm going do it works not sure if its the best way but it works.  Should be able to knock this out quickly.

On another note I have fixed a few bugs and added/changed somethings this week so maybe a release in the near future.

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #664 on: April 01, 2013, 05:34:12 AM »
Each girl seems to start with basically the same enjoyment/distaste for every job at -20. Is it possible to
2- add these fields at default values to the girlsx/rgirlsx files so we can tailor them? (e.g. Girl A likes WORKSECURITY, Girl B hates it).

I'd like to second this as a future enhancement. Should be fairly simple by following format currently used in save file. Suggest that default -20 be used for any category left out of the girlsx/rgirlsx file, so could just incl. 1 or a few personality-related preferences (would also be a failsafe for omissions/misspellings).

3- add different enjoyment for different SEX acts. i.e. expand the fields. This might be tougher.

Currently seems to be that the more experience (or just training?) a girl gets in a sex act, the more she gets used to it and therefore enjoys it. What in game would you use to signal a decrease in enjoyment of an act? How common would that be?

Or did you mean diff enjoyment of "whore for gamblers" vs. "whore on streets," etc.?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:54:08 AM by DustyDan »

Offline Marquis

« Reply #665 on: April 01, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »

I'd like to second this as a future enhancement. Should be fairly simple by following format currently used in save file. Suggest that default -20 be used for any category left out of the girlsx/rgirlsx file, so could just incl. 1 or a few personality-related preferences (would also be a failsafe for omissions/misspellings).

Currently seems to be that the more experience (or just training?) a girl gets in a sex act, the more she gets used to it and therefore enjoys it. What in game would you use to signal a decrease in enjoyment of an act? How common would that be?

Or did you mean diff enjoyment of "whore for gamblers" vs. "whore on streets," etc.?
What I meant was that some girls might like normal sex but detest anal, some would like oral but not any other, etc. This isn't job related, so may be harder to include.

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #666 on: April 08, 2013, 03:39:40 AM »
I put in revised 'kludge' patch in cSurface.cpp to avoid "Button" message for missing disabled images. It works.

Revised & tested cGirls.cpp for displaying images with substitutes if no image type available. About 100 fewer sourcecode lines in those sections (about 16% less), and the code is cleaner for future mods. Also fixed animated image load which was only working for first 15 image types out of 28.

Also added capability to pass and display Preg sub-type image type to DrawGirl().

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #667 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »
I put in revised 'kludge' patch in cSurface.cpp to avoid "Button" message for missing disabled images. It works.

Revised & tested cGirls.cpp for displaying images with substitutes if no image type available. About 100 fewer sourcecode lines in those sections (about 16% less), and the code is cleaner for future mods. Also fixed animated image load which was only working for first 15 image types out of 28.

Also added capability to pass and display Preg sub-type image type to DrawGirl().

Hey Dusty, is there any way you can make this available for those of us who don't use/have the source code? 
Thanks!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline crazy

« Reply #668 on: April 08, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »
Hey Dusty, is there any way you can make this available for those of us who don't use/have the source code? 
Thanks!
New patch might be soon so dont worry this will be in it

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #669 on: April 08, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »
New patch might be soon so don't worry this will be in it

Great!  Thanks - both for the reassurance, and for the good news!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline crazy

« Reply #670 on: April 08, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Great!  Thanks - both for the reassurance, and for the good news!
Its mostly bug fixes but there is a few new things.  DustyDan is going be helping out on the mod also so things might pick up again and we can get back to doing release often.
On that note I need a writer to write up a few respones to when u give girls gifts I need 4 for when you give a good gift to a girl that doesnt like you and I need 4 for when you give a bad gift to a girl that doesnt like you.  If anyone is up to it let me know cause I'm not much of a writer
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:41:25 PM by crazy »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #671 on: April 08, 2013, 02:48:30 PM »
Bad gift/ Good girl:  1) "She crinkles her nose slightly. 'That's... Nice.  Thanks.'" 2) "'Uhm... It's the thought that counts, right?  Thanks!'" 3) "She pouts slightly 'When you said that you had a gift for me, I thought... Oh, never mind!'" 4) "She frowns slightly, and says "Well, thank you, oh unstinting Romeo!" with a clear note of exasperation."

Good gift/ Bad girl:  1) "'If you think giving me pretty things will get you between my legs, you're wrong!' She yells. Bitch." 2) "She takes your gift in hand, looks at it, looks at you, than walks away without a word." 3) "'You know, if you wanted to fuck, you shoulda just said.  So that way I'd have had more fun saying no.'" 4) "She grudgingly accepts the gift, but makes it clear that she still thinks that you rate slightly below a toad in her worldview."

Offline crazy

« Reply #672 on: April 08, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »
snip
That was quick thanks but I messed up its a bad gift for a girl that doesnt like you not does.  Tried to fix it you must have read that message quick lol

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #673 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »
That was quick thanks but I messed up its a bad gift for a girl that doesnt like you not does.  Tried to fix it you must have read that message quick lol

Oh.  Whoops.  I'll take care of that later, okay?

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #674 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
WM code patch notes 04/08/2013(b):

"Controlled Gangs" screen - select a gang, select a mission name, screen lists Daily Cost, should be Weekly Cost.
 Fixed
----------------
in Constants.h, has const int NUM_OBJECTIVES = 12 followed by only 10 objectives, 0--9. 
Patched to = 10
----------------
At end of cBrothel.cpp's function "double cBrothelManager::calc_pilfering(sGirl *girl)"
  code (to avoid cases like a zero-money slave addict steals 20%, same non-slave steals zero)
otherwise, she stays honest
 */
   return 0.0;

should be:
otherwise, she stays honest (aside from zero-money addict factored-in earlier)
 */
   return factor;
Fixed.
----------

in cBrothel.cpp, because this check is now done after all usage of "house" var, for proper check, move
/*
 *   this shouldn't happen. That said...
 */
   if(house > girl->m_Pay) house = girl->m_Pay;

to just after
   int house = int(house_factor * girl->m_Pay);
Fixed.
----------
Add notes in cBrothel.cpp, in area
// MYR: I'm really curious about what goes in these if statements
if(g_Gangs.GetNumBusinessExtorted() < 40 && GetNumBrothels() >= 2)

add notes: "  // Future to include inside these ifs, the actions to take when not enough businesses controlled to support the number of brothels currently owned (according to formula that allowed original purchase)."

//Suggest future something like not allowing any net profit from the brothels that are unsupported by enough businesses. Forcing sale of a brothel would be too drastic; maybe allowing sale if player wants to would be an option to present.

Added these comments to code 04/08/2013.
-----------------------------------
In the five files sent, corrected misspelling 'bussiness' / 'BUSSINESS' to 'business' / 'BUSINESS'

Left in the misspelling in a few modules to correct next revision; used Solution find/replace so will work since compiles.
Fixed.
-----------------
int cGirls::DrawGirl
 has no "default" for switch, giving infinite loop if function fed invalid ImageType. See cGirls::GetImageSurface

Fixed in cGirls.cpp module sent earlier 04/08/2013.
--------------