devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025348 times)

Offline DustyDan

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
File mentioned in PM to you.

Offline akab

« Reply #691 on: April 15, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
The link to the version ver .05 f does not work, if you can please add a mirror.

Offline DustyDan

« Reply #692 on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »
Some of the fixes in the new patch are
{snip}
4.  Several fixes by Dan
Detail on those if you're wondering:
  • Revised to avoid logfile "Couldn't open .\Resources\Buttons\” msgs.
  • Revised for displaying images with substitutes if no image type (like “Maid”) available.
  • Fixed animated image load which was only working for first 15 image types out of 28. (Someone please try animated images for "Mast", "Titty" etc.)
  • Added capability to pass and display Preg sub-type image in smaller “DrawGirl” images; may not be very noticeable.
  • "Controlled Gangs" screen sometimes listed Daily Cost.
  • Avoided cases like a zero-money slave addict steals 20%, same non-slave steals zero.
  • Fixed possible infinite loop in DrawGirl.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:27:31 AM by DustyDan »

Offline maxlice

« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »
Not having this problem just tested it.  Didnt crash with over 12 girls

Could be a problem on my end then, but I can't think of a reason why it would crash when there's 12 girls all in the default brothel and 11 is fine when the 12th is elsewhere... Going to override the files with 0.5f and see what happens since I was running 0.5e

Is there a way to log what happens in the game so it might catch what's causing me to crash?

Also just to make sure I'm installing the mod correctly, do I need the core game to run it (because I'm currently running the game with just v0.5e and some girl packs).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:36:42 PM by maxlice »

Offline irishmic

« Reply #694 on: April 15, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »
anyone else having issues with mega.co.nz.  I click on the links, but all i'm getting is a blank white screen.  I've tried it on chrome and firefox to no avail.  Also, good work on the game.

edit- nevermind, it started working randomly, so i'm guessing heavy traffic was to blame.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:17:43 PM by irishmic »

Offline Mid3k

« Reply #695 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »

Could be a problem on my end then, but I can't think of a reason why it would crash when there's 12 girls all in the default brothel and 11 is fine when the 12th is elsewhere... Going to override the files with 0.5f and see what happens since I was running 0.5e

Is there a way to log what happens in the game so it might catch what's causing me to crash?

Also just to make sure I'm installing the mod correctly, do I need the core game to run it (because I'm currently running the game with just v0.5e and some girl packs).

I have a lot more than 12 in 4 different brothels. I saved before going to the next turn and an event that I didn't like happened during the turn change so I reloaded my old save. Now every time I end that turn no matter what I do it crashes. I used visual studio to debug the assembly and I show a memory access violation on a move instruction. I probably could figure out the problem if I spent a lot of time debugging it  but I don't want too :p .

If I had the high level source code I wouldn't mind tracking down the bug though. The crashes started on e but happen in f as well.

I did not modify my save file before I reloaded. Its expecting some data in memory that doesn't get loaded properly from the save file.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:33:23 PM by Mid3k »

Offline ncquolopow

« Reply #696 on: April 16, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
Mid3k, I agree that an "End Turn" bug exists. I've played this game for more than 2 years, and I've encountered it in the original game as well. It seems to occur independent of things like # of girls, brothels, gangs, etc. Also, if you re-run the game AFTER a crash, load your game, and then click End Turn, things sometimes go smoothly for a couple days, only to inevitably crash again.

Because of this bug, I've played WM and its mod only rarely..it's definitely a buzzkill.

The funny thing is that when I registered on this forum more than a year ago, I did so to report this very bug. But it appeared that a lot of people did/do not have an issue with it. So at first I thought the problem was a problem specific to my system. But this recent post of yours shows that I'm not the only one encountering it.

Offline akab

« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »
I apologize if I become boring, but

Game link-ver .05f     https://mega.co.nz/#%21YwIzzISJ%21cdn2DkTcSUvgAc8pHAlzLidvhs0nW5vkwSFIby-dPVA    :   The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

SC-link      https://mega.co.nz/#!p8glwA7a!WRcpjRkW5E8l-P0Y4G03lErjbttmOdfXOY6PrvMGwIo    :    Temporarily unavailable.

SC-link     is working now ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:26:52 AM by akab »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »
Mid3k, I agree that an "End Turn" bug exists. I've played this game for more than 2 years, and I've encountered it in the original game as well. It seems to occur independent of things like # of girls, brothels, gangs, etc. Also, if you re-run the game AFTER a crash, load your game, and then click End Turn, things sometimes go smoothly for a couple days, only to inevitably crash again.

Because of this bug, I've played WM and its mod only rarely..it's definitely a buzzkill.

I've also played this game for more than two years.
And I've had the "End Turn bug" either. I will not say that i know all the reasons why, but some.

- if you sendout a girl to explore the catacombs ( and no one does this during the first days therefore the error occurs not at the beginning of the game ) and you don't have a RandomGirl which cou can find there in the catacombs.Then the EndTurnBug occurs )
  This happened directly after i had  saved a game. After clicking on the "EndTurn Button" The game crushed. I´ve loaded the saved game again. Clicked the button again and everything worked fine. But in this case the girl didn't find a randomgirl!

- As far as i remember the Bug also occurs if you are not able to  find items in the catacombs. ( for example because of selfmade changes in the items-list )

And if i remember correctly you can play without normal and slave Randomgirls.
Hope this helps
HuiBui

Offline Mid3k

« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
Thank you very much for the source. I'll do a bit of debugging later and if its not my save file I'll post any code changes I make.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »
Eh, any news on a new version?  :'(

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »
Eh, any news on a new version?  :'(

Literally go back a single page.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline DustyDan

Virgin also a trait in ver .05f
« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »
Since Virgin has been added as a trait in ver .05f, I wrote these two functions to keep the trait and the girl/XML attribute in synch.

I suggest the functions be used whenever gameplay changes virginity. I am editing WorkExploreCatacombs now to do that, for example.  Three SC files edited so far, but these are just interim, untested changes.

I will be testing these functions, but forsee no big problems, and wanted to get this out there now.

And I think these are great function names, right?

DustyDan
Code: [Select]
bool cGirls::LoseVirginity(sGirl* girl, bool addrememberlist, bool force)
{
// Usually called as just g_Girls.LoseVirginity(girl) with implied no-remember, force=true

/*  Very similar to (and uses) RemoveTrait(). Added since trait "Virgin" created 04/14/2013.
   * This includes capability for items, magic or other processes
   * to have a "remove but remember" effect, like a "Belt of False Defloration"
   * that provides a magical substitute vagina, preserving the original while worn.
   * Well, why not?
   * DustyDan
*/

string traitName = "Virgin";
bool traitOpSuccess = false;

girl->m_Virgin = false;

// Let's avoid re-inventing the wheel

traitOpSuccess = RemoveTrait(girl, traitName, addrememberlist, force);
return traitOpSuccess;
}

bool cGirls::RegainVirginity(sGirl* girl, bool temp, bool removeitem, bool inrememberlist)
{
// Usually called as just g_Girls.RegainVirginity(girl) with
// implied temp=false, removeitem=false, inrememberlist=falsee

/*  Very similar to (and usese) AddTrait(). Added since trait "Virgin" created 04/14/2013.
   * This includes capability for items, magic or other processes
   * to have a "remove but remember" effect, like a "Belt of False Defloration"
   * that provides a magical substitute vagina, preserving the original while worn.
   * Well, why not?
   * DustyDan
*/

string traitName = "Virgin";
bool traitOpSuccess = false;

girl->m_Virgin = true;

// Let's avoid re-inventing the wheel

traitOpSuccess = AddTrait(girl, traitName, temp, removeitem, inrememberlist);
return traitOpSuccess;
}

Offline Mid3k

« Reply #704 on: April 16, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
I had two problems. One originated with the clinic and the other in the Movie studio.

First:

http://postimg.org/image/nnalz9r03/full/

This bug has something to do with this girl in the clinic set in a resting state. All I had to do was make her a doctor and the problem fixed itself.

Second:

http://postimg.org/image/6d6pkl1c7/full/

This was caused by my save file looking like this.

Code: [Select]
<Movies>
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                    <Movie />
                </Movies>

I replaced that with <Movies /> and it works fine. The fix for me is easy but tracking why is going to be a bit harder.

Crazy thank you again for the source. I can continue playing the game without starting over now. I hope any of this information is useful to you. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:55:21 PM by Mid3k »