devolution

Author Topic: Daughter suggestion  (Read 12249 times)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: Daughter suggestion
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »
They already inherit some of the skills, stats and traits. Only thing that isn't inherited are the image sets.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline fox679

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »
I think it should be great if you can name your child when its born.
in the dungeon it will be easier to find them 8)

Offline Alugere

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »
I think it should be great if you can name your child when its born.
in the dungeon it will be easier to find them 8)
Only if they have some way of restricting the naming thing to girls who are the player's daughter. I tend to have a... breeding farm...

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »
Request for nameable children and the option to restrict it to player offspring only logged to the bug tracker.

If we do renaming, anyone be interested in an option to rename your slaves?

Offline letmein

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »
Meh.  Makes no difference to me - it's a purely cosmetic change, but since it won't *hurt* anything, go nuts.
Still lurking.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
I don't care for renaming slaves... but naming your kids makes sense.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 09:58:11 PM »
Only if they have some way of restricting the naming thing to girls who are the player's daughter. I tend to have a... breeding farm...
What? Are you ashamed? I have abreeding farm too.

And naming the girls would be interesting, but could get tiring...

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 11:39:13 PM »
I would like it to default to the existing names for unique girls and random names for random girls, but I'm not opposed to having the option to rename any of them.  If the nursery option gets implemented, that would be a good opportunity for the player to rename the kids.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 01:44:52 AM »
Doc's all about adding options.  I guess this would be a pretty harmless one, if he's up to making it work.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »
I would like it to default to the existing names for unique girls and random names for random girls, but I'm not opposed to having the option to rename any of them.

Exactly. I don't want to do away with the existing names. I just rename the odd slave here and there, according to whim.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 04:50:07 AM »

I intend, over time, to not only set up a breeding farm but to then use my daughters as a breeding farm as well, in order to develop Crossgate's only fully-staffed Flipper Baby Brothel.

(too much?)

EDIT TO ADD: Also, I'd like to add my vote to the "daughters can use the same picture set as their mother" chorus, if only because it makes no sense to me that I can have a kid with, say, Carrera and our daughter is a Cat Girl. Say wha?

While having daughters look identical to their mothers is an imperfect solution, it's probably the only really practical one.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:54:52 AM by dcb42 »

Balmung60

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 05:56:56 AM »
I'll cast my vote for daughter's sharing their mother's image set since it makes more sense than the current method and most more logical alternatives are far less practical, but may I add that perhaps it should only be a chance (a high chance though, say 75-90%?) that they do share the image set, and, if possible, make the next generation of kids (the incest ones) have a low (maybe 15-25%) chance of sharing the image set (even if their mother didn't, you know recissive traits and all), though I may be getting a bit too complicated by now.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 06:13:23 AM »
Hmm.... I'll look at adding some options to the config file for this. Probably a % chance of a random girl using her mother's pictures, and a second one for unique girls to do the same. Set 'em to zero, 100% or any point in between.

Probably not for the next release, but I'll add it to the tracker.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you. But I'd rather the Unique girls childrens DID NOT share their picture. That'll just confuse me. But if it happens it happens.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you. But I'd rather the Unique girls childrens DID NOT share their picture. That'll just confuse me. But if it happens it happens.

That's why I was thinking we could set a % in the config file. If you don't want unique girls to share their mum's pictures, set it to 0% and it will never happen. And if you want it so that random girls should inherit their mothers' looks, set that one to 100% and they always will. Or any combination, with any probabilities in between.

In any case, it isn't happening soon. There's the 1.30 merge and the new buildings and jobs first.