Author Topic: TY and 4 ideas  (Read 5049 times)

Offline titan

TY and 4 ideas
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
after my first time playing this game id like to say awesome job and these are the ideas i came up with
keep in mind i haven't read thou forums yet

1.make it so girls who enjoy magic or fighting can be put en-charge of gangs instead of working at the brothel
increasing the stats and success rate of those gangs and lowering there cost  or work
as bodyguards for the girls who cant fight preventing rape

2.personal whore once a girl falls in love with u an option would pop up asking
(would you like her to be your personal whore) she wold no longer work under your
direction shed help train, find, and look after girls on her own -the those girls will have
better qualities to serve there customers

3.fighting events like in raidy_lightning_warrior_2009 to obtain special slaves or items-i can upload the game if u havent herd of it

4.specific girls - like C2 is the only girls that uses pics of c2 and so on

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: TY and 4 ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »
1.  In the works.
2.  In the works.
3.  Not sure what you mean here, are you saying that there should be special events that allow you to get new girls you can't get any other way?  If so, then this one has been discussed, but I don't know whether Necno intends to implement it or not.
4.  Already in the game.  There are two types of girls: unique and random.  Unique girls are exactly that: they appear only once, unless you include them more than once in the .girlsx files.  Random girls are generated from a pool of potential characters, and you can (and very likely will) encounter multiple girls based on the same random template throughout the course of the game.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:09:42 AM »
I'm assuming point 3 is for Raidy style boss encounters, where the fight is a mix of turn by turn combat and ADV.

No plans for that yet. We are planning to expand the events of the game, so it's possible, although I'm not sure about the combat aspects. If necno ever gets around to the dungeon crawler aspects of the game, we could use that. Fights using the event/menu system would be possible, so we could approach it that way. Assuming we can get suitable artwork, anyway.

Offline titan

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:02 AM »
1.  In the works.
2.  In the works.
3.  Not sure what you mean here, are you saying that there should bespecial events that allow you to get new girls you can't get any otherway?  If so, then this one has been discussed, but I don't know whetherNecno intends to implement it or not.
4.  Already in the game.  There are two types of girls: unique andrandom.  Unique girls are exactly that: they appear only once, unlessyou include them more than once in the .girlsx files.  Random girls aregenerated from a pool of potential characters, and you can (and verylikely will) encounter multiple girls based on the same random templatethroughout the course of the game.
thank you for the quick replay and info

I'm assuming point 3 is for Raidy style boss encounters, where the fight is a mix of turn by turn combat and ADV.

No plans for that yet. We are planning to expand the events of thegame, so it's possible, although I'm not sure about the combat aspects.If necno ever gets around to the dungeon crawler aspects of the game,we could use that. Fights using the event/menu system would bepossible, so we could approach it that way. Assuming we can getsuitable artwork, anyway.
and yes that's exactly what i meantand heres the game for anyone who doesnt get it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BAD4XJBI

Offline letmein

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
I thought the whole dungeon crawler thing was pretty much confirmed dead, so I think the whatever event things you mentioned are probably not going to happen.

For that matter, z may have been a little too eager on the first point - I know that the PC's sons are going to be given charge of gangs, but I don't recall confirmation that girls would do that.
Still lurking.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »
Well i can confirm the dungeon crawler is a dead feature. But we could still have battles.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »
Good enough; I wasn't sure if it was dead or just back-burnered.

We can certainly have battles though. Even if they're just scripts that say
The rapist hits for 8 points! Does Flossy Anne:
1) Attack with sword
2) Cast a spell
3) Run like fuck

Which is all we'd need (along with some pictures) for Raidy style boss encounters.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »
I would really appreciate it if one of the options really was "Run like fuck"
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »
Could make the options dependent on traits.  "Run" only when "Fleet of foot"; "Fight" only when "Fearless", "Merciless", or "Assasin"; "Scream for Guards" for normal girls; no options for "Meek" girls.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
Could make the options dependent on traits.  "Run" only when "Fleet of foot"; "Fight" only when "Fearless", "Merciless", or "Assasin"; "Scream for Guards" for normal girls; no options for "Meek" girls.
Meek girls get
1) Panic
2) Surrender
3) Faint
;)

Offline letmein

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »
I dunno;  I'm not a fan of adding combat just for the sake of adding combat (for example, SMII).  I don't see it as really adding anything to the game.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »
Yeah, yeah. I'm not talking about adding combat to the game as such. I'm talking about how modders could add combat to a one-off event if they so desired.

Used sparingly, I can't see the harm, and it's not as if this needs anything we don't have already, or weren't planning to add.

Offline letmein

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 09:59:03 PM »
I guess, but I remain steadfast in my efforts to stem feature creep.
Still lurking.