devolution

Author Topic: daughters and sons  (Read 17153 times)

Offline highx9

daughters and sons
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
I dont know, i just came up with an idea. i dont know if it has been said, but it would be nice if we could have some unique girls that you can only get by pregnancy. I think I read a post where the people were discussing about if the daughters should have the same images of the mother. well, this should solve the problem. make a new version of the girls editor, adding a feature of "newborn" only, do you can only get her by pregnancy. who knows, maybe a "daughter"only, to make it even more exclusive.

Offline Zuul

Re: daughters and sons
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »
But then you would need to create a girl exclusively for the game, because all the unique girls come from certain animes or video games, and it would be just wrong if those characters would be born in Crossgate, because then they wouldn't come from their backgrounds from their animes/video games.
I think the system right now that you get a random girl from pregnancy is pretty good. You could of course create som random 'Daughter' girls if you want to, but I see no reason to change the current system.

Offline highx9

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »
well, ur right with the first part, but I do aggree that making a random girl your son is a good method, but I would like to be able to difference my daughter from others. maybe some random templates for daughters then?

Offline Zuul

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »
Usually your daughters get a trait that says 'Your Daughter', but this unfortunately doesn't work in the current version. It should be fixed however in v1.30.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
But then you would need to create a girl exclusively for the game, because all the unique girls come from certain animes or video games, and it would be just wrong if those characters would be born in Crossgate, because then they wouldn't come from their backgrounds from their animes/video games.
I think the system right now that you get a random girl from pregnancy is pretty good. You could of course create som random 'Daughter' girls if you want to, but I see no reason to change the current system.

This is only necessary if you believe the girls description and stats must be based on the anime she is from.  For my part, I haven't seen the animes that the vast majority of the girls come from, and so their backgrounds make no difference to me, other than as flavor text.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest to have a girl based on a character from a show but given an entirely different background for the purposes of the game, especially if doing so would enhance the game itself.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

exodia91

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:12:32 AM »
I would actually find a use for this, I was hoping to make a Bianca's daughter Unique character that could only be obtained from Bianca giving birth to a human girl. Besides, this is WM, girls don't have to be the "actual" girls. In fact, that's how I write/imagine them I make Zelda say, a princess, but shes not the princess of Hyrule etc etc. And Esh, please don't try to limit Crossgate's universe with any kind of logic; remember, interdimensional portals, anything goes. Including girls being born who happen to look exactly like that one girl from that particular anime.

Offline Zuul

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »
But I like logic >.<
Nah, I understand your point. And frankly, I'd like to see that too ^^

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »
Logic can only be based on the universe that said logic is born in.

As logic stands now, fairies and pixies are basically all illogical, but suppose there was a universe that they exist in. At that point, logic is not dead, but rather changed. That is why imaginary characters are real-- in imaginationland. Just don't start project portal to the imagination doorway and manbearpig can never maul us.

But you have created that portal in that universe, and meanbearpig (global warming) will kill us all. I hope you feel proud of yourselves. We must defeat manbearpig, now! Logic dammit!
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
Nobody takes your warnings of ManBearPig serially, ShiningRadiance.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
I liked the idea. If we make girls exclusive for dungeons, kidnappings, recruiting and others, why not exclusive daughters for some mother characters?
Sounds nice...

(Oh, noes... Evil ideas flooding my mind...)

exodia91

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
Evil ideas are the best kind. They keep things interesting.

Offline freemantle

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
If anything I would like to see a tracker for who the mother and father were in daughters/sons, especially if sons are ever implemented beyond being sold for cash.  That way at least the mother could be tracked and the characters could be further bred.

Offline KyDekra

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »
If anything I would like to see a tracker for who the mother and father were in daughters/sons, especially if sons are ever implemented beyond being sold for cash.  That way at least the mother could be tracked and the characters could be further bred.

Hoping to breed a race of Super-Whores? Actually people were kicking the idea around months ago when several of us suggesting some traits/skills and such actually carrying over to the daughters (necno seemed to find it interesting, and the trait/skill thing was in for awhile but seems to have stopped working with the 'your daughter' tracking. Unless Im just not paying as much attention anymore.) I had a daughter that was born with several great traits a few versions back that had like 55-60 in all sex stats and started at Level 5, was great, took 3-4 generations to get her though.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 12:28:07 AM »
Would be kind of interesting if the player had some unique traits that girls could acquire by being born from him. Not sure what they'd be though, maybe a trait that increases money received by 5% or such.
If he has hidden stats it makes sense that he could have hidden traits as well. Would be pretty interesting if we could actually "set" his predetermined stats and traits so girls born from his seed would be more personal to you. But I don't know how useful that'd be as a game aspect. Kind of a feature to have... just to have.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

exodia91

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »
for a game like this though where the point is to play around and have your own fantasies, those kinda fluff features are very important, its good to have as many as you can to give the player more stuff to... well... play with.