Author Topic: Evil Idea's (Somewhat evil anyway...)  (Read 3652 times)

Offline windsongbard

Evil Idea's (Somewhat evil anyway...)
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
You could actually have your girls learn specific spells that they can use against customer's (and yourself if your not careful) to either protect themselves or maybe even improve their job performance by a small percentage whether it's in the brothel, stripping, or for the movie.  Probably more special effect type things for the latter two.  These could probably be bought from a wizard character.  Perhaps setup a magic shop or wizard tower that works just like the shop.

Now for something evil.  <Evil Grin>  How about having an additional option in the dungeon for deadbeat customers.  He wanted to have a little fun at your establishment for free so why not let him?    ;)   Have an item and/or spell to transform him in to one of your girls.  Then he or should I say she can have all the fun she can handle. hehehe  For the spell idea it could either be done by either a wizard character that you can hire or from a "trusted" employee with a high magic skill.  Actually if your customer's had son's you could apply the same thing to them as well.  hmm...  Then there are those thugs that can kick out of the city.  Why not put them to "good" use.  Oh the possibilities...   :D

If you really want to get complicated (like this isn't already there) it could carry a risk.  The wizard may not be above taking a few bribes so you may need to offer some "incentive" (money, girl, quest, etc...) from time to time to stay on his good side.  Having an employee do it may carry a risk as well that they will turn their powers back on you.  This may make a need to have a bodyguard option for your thugs. 

At any rate these are just a few idea's I had that kind of range from evil to very evil but I have rambled on long enough so I hope you find something useful in here.   ;D

The Windsong Bard
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:05:25 PM by windsongbard »

Offline KyDekra

Re: Evil Idea's (Somewhat evil anyway...)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Yes, very evil.... and very interesting. The extra gold from forcibly branding and selling a deadbeat customer is nice, but I'd find it more interesting to do that. Perhaps once they put in the whole 'sons in the gangs' thing, if they put your idea in too, they could make it so you could convert some of your less sexual useful girls into guys as well and toss em in your gangs or use them for breeding your good girls or something (or even put stats on the deadbeat customers and use them for breeding purposes in the dungeon). Now THAT would be evil. 'So, you wanna screw my girls and dont think you have to pay? Alright, feel free.' *glances aside to some guards and whispers to have the guy chained in the dungeon as a plaything for the girls*

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
You could actually have your girls learn specific spells that they can use against customer's (and yourself if your not careful) to either protect themselves or maybe even improve their job performance by a small percentage whether it's in the brothel, stripping, or for the movie. 

Can almost do that now. We could create specific spells as items and have them reduce mana and boost %chance to do <whatever>. We'd really want a new equipment slot for memorised spells, but apart from that, it's doable by making new items.

Of course, to be really worthwhile, you need to be able to report the effect. I mean, imagine a stripping enhancement spell. This is something the girls casts as part of her dance. The dance is the spell, in point of fact, and when she dances it, it creates an illusion that works its way into the minds of the patrons and brings them right up close, close enough the feel the heat radiating from her skin, and the warmth of her breath against their cheek. All the other patrons fade away; for each person watching, they get a private dance meant especially for them, and the enchantment of the moment is such that they can feel the dancer's building excitement, share her growing arousal as her moment approaches, until ...

... until the music ends and she walks offstage leaving the patrons panting for more. Litterally.

That's the thing, really. A silent +5% to stripping skill doesn't really add that much to the game. But give it a decent bit of game narrative,  and it becomes worth changing the game to allow user items or events to override standard event text. The player needs to notice something happening.

Have an item and/or spell to transform him in to one of your girls. 

I must admit, the whole TG thing never did much for me. But you could do the basics with existing scripts. Have a menu option that deleted the customer and created a new random girl in his place. You'd need to change the sell customer button and link a script to it, but that should be doable soon enough.

If you really want to get complicated (like this isn't already there) it could carry a risk.  The wizard may not be above taking a few bribes so you may need to offer some "incentive" (money, girl, quest, etc...) from time to time to stay on his good side.   

The whole issue of PC risk needs some attention. I mean some of the girls in the game are probably capable of single handedly taking on armies, and winning. How the PC holds them has always slightly concerned me...

exodia91

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »
Of course, to be really worthwhile, you need to be able to report theeffect. I mean, imagine a stripping enhancement spell. This issomething the girls casts as part of her dance. The dance is the spell,in point of fact, and when she dances it, it creates an illusion thatworks its way into the minds of the patrons and brings them right upclose, close enough the feel the heat radiating from her skin, and thewarmth of her breath against their cheek. All the other patrons fadeaway; for each person watching, they get a private dance meantespecially for them, and the enchantment of the moment is such thatthey can feel the dancer's building excitement, share her growingarousal as her moment approaches, until ...

... until the music ends and she walks offstage leaving the patrons panting for more. Litterally.

That'sthe thing, really. A silent +5% to stripping skill doesn't really addthat much to the game. But give it a decent bit of game narrative,  andit becomes worth changing the game to allow user items or events tooverride standard event text. The player needs to notice somethinghappening.

This is a business sim, not a romance novel. I have my imagination to make my own spicy details with, give me the + 5 stripping skill and a small confirmation text she used it, that's all I want. I play the game to come up with my own fantasies, not someone elses. If I wanted someone else writing my scenes for me I'd go grab a visual novel. No offense meant, of course.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
give me the + 5 stripping skill and a small confirmation text she used it, that's all I want.
So firstly, you're quibbling about the level of detail. The basic principle remains: there's not much point if the mechanism is invisible to the player.

Secondly, I'm aiming here to inspire some people with ideas about what the game could do, not propsing concrete text.

Thirdly, in the event that I do include some text in the game and you find a little to detailed for your tastes, you'll be at liberty to open the XML file and revise it to your liking. I'm sure you can appreciate where I'm coming from here.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:31 PM »
Well this would not be a bad idea if not for the fact of training.  Starts to think about an evil idea to fix that little issue.  Maybe have some sort of cap for a skill based on traits and other skills.  Of course premade girls could get around this.

Offline windsongbard

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
It doesn't really have to be a tg transformation.  You could turn them in to an animal or monster although I think there is more poetic justice in turning them in to what they desired most.   ;D   Either way you could use them for your own inscrutable purposes.  You could unleash an animal or monster against your rivals.  Actually a monster could be just equivalent of having another gang that wouldn't cost any maintenance but it would attract more attention than a gang.  An animal might increase a gang's stats, or may even just be another "item" you can sell for money.  That would take a bit more thought to flesh out but I think you kind of get the idea.  I just like the idea of being able to put deadbeat's to good use.  <Evil Grin>

The Windsong Bard
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:29:57 PM by windsongbard »