devolution

Author Topic: Small changes on how Girls Images are handled.  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Small changes on how Girls Images are handled.
« on: June 26, 2010, 02:08:25 PM »
I know you guys are busy with the beta. But here are some ideas I had for Girl Images.

First, I have talked to a few people and we only really see the profile pics for characters since we never check anything in the summary section unless it's in red. This is partly because of the shear number of girls we have to sort through, but also because it's a royal pain to pilot through all that.

Simple (probably not) solution to that. Up and down keys iterate through the summary window. Left and right iterate through the girls. Ctrl|shift|alt|whatever up and down iterate through Girl, Gang, Brothel window.

Second, Let scripts call a specific Image type in the Girl summary window. Interact with is nice, but there is no visuals to go along with it.

Lastly create a new image category for Service skills. Now I'm sure pack creators want to rise up as one and slay me for saying that, but it would be nice to have since a lot of images are just BJ's or Pazuri (boob sex). To simplify matters, just have the Category default to Sex if there are no "Service" pics. That way you don't Insta-Obsolete every Pack created before that.

just some humble suggestions from the peanut gallery.  ;)
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Small changes on how Girls Images are handled.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »
PgUp/PgDown would work to iterate through the Girl/Gang/Brothel categories.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
PgUp/PgDown would work to iterate through the Girl/Gang/Brothel categories.

Even better doc thanks.

Also, is my call and image from a script idea doable without to much headache?
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
I think so, although I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.

One thing that's in the pipeline is user defined screen with lua event handlers. That's something I have working  in the clonemaster branch and that probably wouldn't be too hard to merge back across. So that means, among other things, that  a message box with an accompanying image box is fairly straight forward. I've got a fill ADV framework for CM, which is probably more than folks want for WM, but certainly we can have images appear for scripted events.

I'm not so sure about accessing the girl detail image box directly however. We don't have generalised DOM access. We'd need to re-code girl details as a lua screen, or else I could write a one off wm.change_girl_details_image() function, which is probably a lot less work.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
I think so, although I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.

One thing that's in the pipeline is user defined screen with lua event handlers. That's something I have working  in the clonemaster branch and that probably wouldn't be too hard to merge back across. So that means, among other things, that  a message box with an accompanying image box is fairly straight forward. I've got a fill ADV framework for CM, which is probably more than folks want for WM, but certainly we can have images appear for scripted events.

I'm not so sure about accessing the girl detail image box directly however. We don't have generalised DOM access. We'd need to re-code girl details as a lua screen, or else I could write a one off wm.change_girl_details_image() function, which is probably a lot less work.

Your idea is once again spot on Doc. I figured it would be easier to access already existing resources ( manipulate the pic in the girls details screen) then create a whole new window... shows what I know  :D

But yes, being able to call a window  from script that could show images would be perfect.

Also, I ran into a .lua file for chun li in the new release. Is Lua usable now or is that just for testing purposes?
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
It's usable but incomplete. The Chun-Li script works, and there are a few other functions that i've not got around to writing up yet.

Major outstanding omissions are trait manipulation and player update. Everything else Lua should be able to work around.