Author Topic: events  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Command

events
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
I couldn't find a topic that said it was for requiests for events but I had an idea.

Why not have a rare event that happens occasionally and when it happens you can do something very useful but it's extreamly expensive. 

Have some guys offering to brainwash one slave of your choice to turn her into an obedient drone but the cost is very expensive like 5,000 to 10,000 gold.

Now that I made my pitch if anyone else wants to pitch a request for an event here is find by me.

Offline Rose

Re: events
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
10000 isn't actually all that expensive, though. Once you get going properly you can easily make twice that much in a day...
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline Command

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:00:07 PM »
But it's likely the real challange is the rarety.  Like have the persentage extreamly low so it's not likely you will get it often and also low enough to discurage saves and reloads just to get that event.

exodia91

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
events and scripting will be sorted out once the engine is stable I believe, until then fixing the game is priority.

Offline ker

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:53 PM »
Eh, I'd stay away from events that are too rare.  Leads to save scrumming and just frustration when you need a specific event for the game to develop the way you want.

The game really supports this already.  You can use the item editor to create whatever you want, assign it what rarity you want, and what cost you want.  No reason you can't create a consumable item 'A day with the googly-eyed hypnotist' mark it as very rare and assign some incredibly high cost.  Assign it a very high obedience score, maybe have it assign a controlled trait or so, and go to town.  Check the item shop daily and you'll get your rare event.

I'm sure it could be done with a script, just not sure if it's worth the development time to create a new feature that duplicates something already in the game.

Offline letmein

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »
About the "at whatever cost you want" part:  that will soon be changed, to make benefits have static costs.  necno actually already did this, but removed the system after a test week to rebalance it.

Your point's good, though:  don't make it an uber-rare event when you can do it more easily and effectively with items.
Still lurking.