devolution

Author Topic: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion  (Read 93255 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Traits Discussion - formerly: I am currently adding new traits
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
If you can add descriptions and put them in the xml format, that will be helpful.
I am not a writer so making the trait descriptions sound good is not something I can do well.

Code: [Select]

<Trait Name="" Desc="" Type="" />

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:58:40 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2014, 06:11:35 PM »
Done:

<Trait Name="Fat" Desc="She’s fat. Calling her names like pig or cow is denigrating to those animals!" Type="Physical" /> <Trait Name="Plump" Desc="Her overweight is visible." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Thick" Desc="She have some extra fat, but still looking good." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Balance Weight" Desc="Not too much and not too little flesh. Looking good and healthy." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Thin" Desc="Weight that most of the girls aim for." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Very Thin" Desc="Other girls looks at her with envy; asking themselves how she got this thin?" Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Anorectic" Desc="She looks like a walking skeleton!" Type="Physical" />

<Trait Name="The I Shape" Desc="Burst, waist and hips, all about the same size, without big difference between them. Just a stick girl!" Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Apple Shape" Desc="Broad shoulders and narrow hips, makes her abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Bell Shape" Desc=" The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement. Juicy!" Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Hourglass Figure" Desc=" The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist. " Type="Physical" />

<Trait Name="Short" Desc="Shorter than most of the girls. Always getting lost in crowd." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Average height" Desc="Normal hight for most women." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Above average height" Desc="Somehow little taller than the average girl, but only by inches." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Tall" Desc="Head higher from an average girl, but on the same level with most man." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Very tall" Desc=" She stands out in a crowd. Too look into her eyes you need a stool to stand on or ask her to bow." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Giant" Desc="You can see her from afar!" Type="Physical" />

<Trait Name="Narrow hips" Desc="She have very narrow hips, that brings attention." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Small hips" Desc="Smaller than average girls hips, but still looking tempting." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Normal hips" Desc="The average size hips." Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Full hips" Desc="Really nice curves. Just from looking at them, most man would want to squeeze them!" Type="Physical" />
<Trait Name="Wide bottom" Desc="Certainly a solid hunk of ass to grope!" Type="Physical" />

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
"Not just fertile, but super fertile, this girl is capable of giving birth to multiple children."
You kind of missed on the phrasing here. Any non-sterile girl is capable of giving multiple births.
I thought Broodmother was meant to be a hyper-emphasis of the MILF trait - a woman who gave birth so many times it "metamorphosed" her body, making poppin' babies cause her almost no discomfort. So it would include both a fertility and a body type aspect.
But since it's going to be a fertility only trait now here's what I propose:

<Trait
Name="Broodmother"
Desc="Mothering an astounding amount of offspring made this woman astonishingly fertile. Her body is practically a baby-making factory. "
Type="Sexual" />

And speaking about this trait once again... you thinking about adding that Fertility stat maybe?

These traits need more alternates before they can be added to the M/E list:
Long Legs
Dick-Sucking Lips
Tone Deaf
Deaf
Large Hips
Wide Bottom
Muscular
Plump
Hourglass Figure
Great Figure
Mature Body
Giant

Well, might as well just roll with it.

Lips:

<Trait
Name="Fish Lips"
Desc="Her lips are big... in the wrong kind of way. They look grotesquely fake and would fit the various residents of the sea more. "
Type="Sexual" />

<Trait
Name="Thin Lips"
Desc="Her lip shape isn't very feminine at all. Not much more than just a straight line for her mouth."
Type="Sexual" />

<Trait
Name="Full Lips"
Desc="The lips on this girl look incredibly sensual due to their full and feminine shape." 
Type="Sexual" />

<Trait
Name="Dick Sucking Lips"
Desc="The gorgeously full and juicy shape of her lips makes them look incredibly erotic, as if they were sculpted by nature specifically to be perfect for sucking...things."
Type="Sexual" />

With a bonus; new re-written description for "Dick Sucking Lips".

Teeth:

<Trait
Name="No Teeth"
Desc="This girl has no teeth for some reason. Hard to look pretty while smiling without them. On the other hand, she's not capable of biting anything in her mouth... "
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Missing Teeth"
Desc="One or more of her teeth is missing. The empty spaces in her mouth do no justice to her looks."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Vampire Fangs"
Desc="Her canine teeth are longer and much sharper than normal human teeth." 
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Razor Teeth"
Desc="She's got a razor-sharp smile... literally. Her teeth are completely inhuman and her mouth resembles that of a shark. Only the most brave or foolish of men would put anything in there."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Golden Teeth"
Desc="A couple or all of her teeth were replaced with golden replicas. They look... expensive."
Type="Physical" />

Some sort of a dentist option at the clinic would be nice, to allow the removal of the "No Teeth" and "Missing Teeth" traits.
And/or a "Fake Teeth" item to cancel out the "No Teeth" trait when equipped.

Body age types:

<Trait
Name="Lithe Body"
Desc="Her young-looking and nimble body is filled with youthful vigor. "
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Mature Body"
Desc="A girl no longer, this woman's lascivious body is a fruit ripe for the picking."
Type="Physical" />

I don't know what kind of a shitstorm would adding a "Loli" body type cause so I didn't write it...here.
The trait "Lolita" at the moment is responsible for both the girl's appearance and personality, as its description states "This girl looks very young and is sexually flirtatious." It's labeled under the "Perception" trait type though.
IMO split the trait into a physical appearance - a body age type trait and a personality one.
Problem is, like I said, I doubt everybody here is completely a-ok with adding what's essentially a childish body type.

Body fitness types:

<Trait
Name="Anorectic"
Desc="This girl resembles a walking skeleton more than a human being."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Thin"
Desc="Her slim body is what most women strive for... but not what most men are looking for."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Muscular"
Desc="This girl has a well-toned body with visible muscles. She definitely works out."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Athletic"
Desc="This girl's body is slim and flexible. She simply looks fit and in shape."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Plump"
Desc="This girl's healthy body has more than a few soft bits. Nothing excessive, but definitely enough supple flesh to squeeze and pinch."
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Thick"
Desc="She can't hide the fact that she's overweight, but some people might find her chubby body pleasing. "
Type="Physical" />

<Trait
Name="Fat"
Desc="This girl is plain and simply just a fat cow, and calling her that is denigrating to all cows everywhere. Her massive body looks attractive only to fetishists. "
Type="Physical" />

"Muscular" and "Plump" belong here and should be mutually exclusive in addition to all the new traits in this tier. The descriptions of both traits were slightly altered.
I will admit that some of these are basically what MrKlaus here wrote right above me, but for the sake of completion I didn't exclude anything.
Oh and thanks for teaching me a new word - "denigrating". It's been so long since someone enriched my English vocabulary.

I know that these traits are naturally mutually exclusive to each other, but there's also the issue of conflicts with other traits.
I think it's necessary to add canceling effects to some traits that would "lock" multiple other traits.
So, for example, a girl who has the "Anorectic" trait should have ALL the tits/ass/hips traits locked/cancelled as well, to prevent an absurd scenario where a girl who "looks like a walking skeleton" has "a huge ass that is impossible to hide".

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:21:36 PM by 0nymous »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
I will admit that some of these are basically what MrKlaus here wrote right above me, but for the sake of completion I didn't exclude anything.
Oh and thanks for teaching me a new word - "denigrating". It's been so long since someone enriched my English vocabulary.

If I post something that could be rewritten into something better, don’t hesitate to do so. It’s all about creating content that could be used to make the game better, more interesting and challenging. I like yours fat desc better than mine.

Btw. I don’t have any idea where to put the Great Figure trait. And how to expand Long Legs. (Muscular, thin, fat and bowlegged legs or some other approach?)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:08:21 PM by MrKlaus »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »
I am reworking the way STDs are handled by the game (again)

Instead of assuming every customer may have an STD, now it will actually be set in customer creation.
Each customer will have a 5% (+1 per group member) chance of possibly having a chance of having an std.
If they pass (or fail depending on how you look at it) that check, they then have a chance of having one or more of the 4 STDs.
    if (g_Dice.percent(4 + customer.m_Amount))
    {
        int a = g_Dice.d100();
               if (a < 5)      customer.m_HasAIDS = true;           // 5%
        else if (a < 15)    customer.m_HasChlamydia = true;  // 10%
        else if (a < 35)    customer.m_HasSyphilis = true;      // 20%
        else if (a < 75)    customer.m_HasHerpes = true;      // 40%
        else                                                                            // 25% chance for multiple (or none)
        {
            customer.m_HasAIDS = g_Dice.percent(20);
            customer.m_HasChlamydia = g_Dice.percent(40);
            customer.m_HasSyphilis = g_Dice.percent(60);
            customer.m_HasHerpes = g_Dice.percent(80);
        }
    }

I can tweak the numbers if they seem a little off.

In the future, the percents for STDs can be tracked and changed by the Clinic and/or the Farm, researching and curing or controlling STDs.

Edit:
After some testing, the new STD chance code works well.
However, with the new code, getting a customer who actually has an STDs seems to be exceedingly rare.
Perhaps the 5% is a little too low.
STDs for regular people should be low, but for whores it should probably be a bit more common.

Sex type, contraception and the girl's health all affect the STD chance.
There is always a minimum of 1% that a girl will catch an STD if the customer has one and the same for a girl giving it to a customer if she has it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:33:24 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
Can girls get STDs from rape after being defeated in combat while guarding or at the catacombs?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2014, 11:03:34 PM »
Can girls get STDs from rape after being defeated in combat while guarding or at the catacombs?
Not yet but I will add that.

edit:
Got pregnancy and stds added to rape chance.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:30:25 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Romanul

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »

Stop giving him ideas. The girls die fast enough at it is.  :'(

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »
:P :D

The pregnancy chance from rape is not too high, only 5% per attacker and only if there is a male attacking.
I added some more randomness to who attacks the girl.
    /* */if (numberofattackers > 1 && g_Dice.percent(40)) attacktype = SKILL_GROUP;    // standard group attack
    else if (numberofattackers > 1 && g_Dice.percent(40)) attacktype = SKILL_BDSM;    // special group attack
    else if (g_Dice.percent(20)) attacktype = SKILL_LESBIAN;                        // female attacker
    else if (g_Dice.percent(40)) attacktype = SKILL_NORMALSEX;                        // single male attacker
    else attacktype = SKILL_COMBAT;                                                // can be anything but no pregnancy chance
The attacktype modifies the text of the attack.
Anti-preg potions will prevent pregnancy.

The STD chance is fairly low, around 5%.
Anti-preg potions will not stop STDs.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
Any chance that we'll get to edit the chance of STD from the config.xml file like we do rape chance, income and other stuff?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »
Any chance that we'll get to edit the chance of STD from the config.xml file like we do rape chance, income and other stuff?
Yes

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »
:D

Here's one you may like more: Wearing armor should reduce the chance of getting scars, become fragile, etc after losing a fight. However it can be easily changed into bad things happening more frequently to girls who fight without armor...

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

Here's one you may like more: Wearing armor should reduce the chance of getting scars, become fragile, etc after losing a fight. However it can be easily changed into bad things happening more frequently to girls who fight without armor...

Ugh, getting videogame flashbacks where you got scars EVERYWHERE no matter what happened and what kind of armor you wore in Fable...
So yes, I concur. Let's have armors reduce scarring chances. Let's not be like Fable.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:47 AM »

You'd have to include a trait that covers martial artists being able to fight without armour then, I'd add something like: Grappler (clothing counts as light armour and any real armour hinders agility).

On unrelated note I decided to have a go at a girl earlier and it crossed my mind that we could do with a mute trait, although that trait would have to call it's own responses in conversations/events.
EDIT: Also we could use Athletic traits or just a catchall one to reflect flexible gymnasts, swimmers, etc.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:37:33 AM by Sorren »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2014, 06:22:15 AM »
You'd have to include a trait that covers martial artists being able to fight without armour then, I'd add something like: Grappler (clothing counts as light armour and any real armour hinders agility).

The Tough trait already reduces the chance of getting bad traits after losing a fight.