devolution

Author Topic: LS' Item pack  (Read 41393 times)

Offline sgb

Re: LS' Item pack
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Incredible detail to the descriptions.  It almost seems like a waste, like many of these should be items in full featured RPG instead.  I'll be using many of them in my game needless to say.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »
Well, the way I'm thinking is, if I can't show the items, at least I still can give them a little flavor with neat descriptions. Plus it's really whatever comes off the top of my head at the time. I kind of like coming up with these little nuggets of fantasy-style fluff. If I was writing for a big RPG I'd probably worry more about keeping things cohesive and consistent for world-building purposes, but for this I allow myself to be all over the place in terms of style and I enjoy it that way. It's almost liberating, compared to the more serious stuff I usually try to write.

In fact, I can even say that balancing stats and prices is kind of the vegetables of making items, and writing the descriptions is the dessert. I like it so much I'd probably do that sort of thing just for the fun of it. Heh.

Offline betatester

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »
Great Job
A "bug" nevertheless... if you give a potion of youth to somebody with age "unknown" you've got a very old whore at the end.
I know you can't do anything about that but perhaps this can be forwarded to the dev team.
I haven't tested if by this way you can go below 17 but I don't think it's a good idea to allow that.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 03:10:48 AM »
That makes sense. Age 100 is taken to mean ageless/immortal/whatever. So if you chop ten years off that it loses the special meaning.

I'll log a bug.

Offline KyDekra

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07:17 AM »
Great Job
A "bug" nevertheless... if you give a potion of youth to somebody with age "unknown" you've got a very old whore at the end.
I know you can't do anything about that but perhaps this can be forwarded to the dev team.
I haven't tested if by this way you can go below 17 but I don't think it's a good idea to allow that.

I know with one of the older builds youth potions could take someone below 17, but ONLY if it was a temporary youth potion. The 'permanent' ones would take them to 17 and stop, the temps would go the full amount but they would regain a year of their original age each turn cycle. Its probably still in there, just haven't tried it recently since I ditched the items I made to test things like that.

Offline betatester

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 03:17:14 AM »
I have found an Amulet of Pinochio ... and another bug
Equip any construct with an Amulet of Pinochio and "Construct" is removed
Take it back the "Construct" trait doesn't reappear

when you equip someone with an object that remove a trait (such as construct but also elegant) the trait is gone forever
The behaviour is not the same with an object that adds a trait (the trait is gone when you remove the object)
I haven't tested completely another case removing an object that adds a trait that the girl already has... I think the trait is gone also =>bug (but needs to be re-tested)

And I kwnow you can't do anything about that but the stats  modifiers should apply only to constructs

Another problem with the "brainwashing oil" it adds "broken will". But if you give it to an "Iron will" person when you read the Iron will description the two traits should nullify each over => no Iron will anymore and no broken will either.

Needs more testing to know if fast orgasms and slow orgasms behave correctly too...

Offline KyDekra

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
Not sure if its still the case since Ive not broken a girls will without items since they added the 'ask' feature a few versions back. However, when I used to get the really really ornery girls with 'iron will', the first 'broken will' would remove 'iron will' but still stay and only halve rebellion. Would actually have to keep goin at them til they would get either a second 'broken will' (haven't tested recently and probably no longer in) or the 'mind fucked' trait before they were completely complacent. Though I noticed that in the previous versions I tested that in, the first 'broken will' would actually happen in the dungeon when I kept at a girl constantly for several days til she was knocked up.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
I have found an Amulet of Pinochio ... and another bug
Equip any construct with an Amulet of Pinochio and "Construct" is removed
Take it back the "Construct" trait doesn't reappear

when you equip someone with an object that remove a trait (such as construct but also elegant) the trait is gone forever
The behaviour is not the same with an object that adds a trait (the trait is gone when you remove the object)
I haven't tested completely another case removing an object that adds a trait that the girl already has... I think the trait is gone also =>bug (but needs to be re-tested)

And I kwnow you can't do anything about that but the stats  modifiers should apply only to constructs

Another problem with the "brainwashing oil" it adds "broken will". But if you give it to an "Iron will" person when you read the Iron will description the two traits should nullify each over => no Iron will anymore and no broken will either.

Needs more testing to know if fast orgasms and slow orgasms behave correctly too...

Hmm. This is all stuff I was so sure the game took care of that I didn't bother testing it. I think I remember some of the latest items might have safeguards against the opposing traits issue (making sure that it removes the traits opposed to ones it adds) but clearly I missed it for the Oil, and probably for some others I suppose. Good catch, thanks. These precautions won't help with the permanently vanishing traits but that's not something for me to fix, heheh.

On the other hand I know about that fact that the Amulet weakens non-construct girls even though it really shouldn't, but you're right, there's not a lot I can do about that, it's a limitation of the current item mechanics. A similar problem is how the Oil of Redemption also hurts or kills regular non-demon girls instead of doing nothing like I imagine it should.

Being able to have item effects that depend on traits or specific stats would be pretty dang awesome, that's for sure. Like in the case of interest right now, an item that would check for the Construct trait to apply any effects, but also perhaps like an item that adds a fraction of a certain stat to another. Having, say, a ring that adds one tenth of a girl's Magic Skill to her Beauty would be interesting, or an amulet that adds a quarter of Spirit to Charisma, or a book that adds a fifth of Intelligence to a skill.

Not sure if its still the case since Ive not broken a girls willwithout items since they added the 'ask' feature a few versions back.However, when I used to get the really really ornery girls with 'ironwill', the first 'broken will' would remove 'iron will' but still stayand only halve rebellion. Would actually have to keep goin at them tilthey would get either a second 'broken will' (haven't tested recentlyand probably no longer in) or the 'mind fucked' trait before they werecompletely complacent. Though I noticed that in the previous versions Itested that in, the first 'broken will' would actually happen in thedungeon when I kept at a girl constantly for several days til she wasknocked up.

Man I'm glad I'm not in the dev team, just reading that gave me a headache.  :D

Offline KyDekra

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

Man I'm glad I'm not in the dev team, just reading that gave me a headache.  :D

Yeah, kinda ran together there. Was kinda half asleep when I was looking through the forums and wrote that. Short version is previously the first 'broken will' would remove 'iron will', and they wouldn't really be broken til a second came up. Haven't noticed it in recent versions though Ive been using items instead of the ol' fashioned way.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
Oh, I didn't say that with the meaning that your comment was difficult to understand, I said it with the meaning that I'm glad I'm not the one who's got to take care of that kind of problem. Heheh.  ;)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »
Yeah, the trait system needs an overhaul.  Also there was a crash with the interaction of fast,slow and fake orgasms.  It's been fixed though.

Offline trunip190

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
this looks like a good mod, but i can't work out if i've installed it correctly.
i couldn't find any kind of readme in the file, nor one on this forum.
do i just need to extract to Resources\Data?

Offline LordShame

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2010, 01:25:52 AM »
Hmm, I might need to put in a readme then.

Anyway. Basically, yes, you do put the file you've chosen straight into Resources\Data. Use only one of the two files though, according to whether you want to see the items' stats described in detail or not. There won't be a problem if you use both, but in that case you'll have some items with the stats described, and some without. There is no "gameplay" difference between the two.

Also you might want to move "Items.itemsx" out of that directory and somewhere you'll remember where it is. It's the file that contains the default items, which my pack is designed to replace. Again, it's not a big deal if you don't, if you leave it there you'll just get both sets of items.

If you want to make sure it's installed correctly, go to the store and check the Armor section. The default items don't include armor at all, so if you see any you'll know you've got my pack.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:25:37 AM by LordShame »

Offline betatester

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2010, 03:50:24 AM »
I'm not very sure and it needs some replay but I think I have catched another bug.
Situation
- both LS Item Pack (with stats mods) and basic Item pack
- A LS Disguised slave band on a girl
- A basic disguised slave band on another girl
- take back both slave band
- they stack on an unique item line
- the description and price are definitively changed for one pack's description

(may I suggest for exemple an MD5 transformation attribute based on all the item stats, description and price for a quick equals() method)

Offline trunip190

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
this probably isn't the place for this post, but i don't get any armour items show up, and if i remove items.items (the default file i have) then the game crashes. it's a shame, cos i really wanted to use this mod. i've tried both loading an existing game (i expected this to crash it) and starting a new one (really didn't expect this to crash) and got crashes both times.