devolution

Author Topic: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?  (Read 127475 times)

Offline grishnak

Re: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2017, 02:53:15 AM »
Right now, every brothel plays similar afaik...the only difference seems to be the picture.
Are there other differences already (like different customer options, different risks etc.)?

Do you plan or think it possible to diversify them in terms of being a bar, club or brothel from the start (limiting the available jobs) or maybe limit the max amount of job type, depending on building? For example, if you keep current available jobs, you could diversify by having the official bar building a lot more slots in the bar jobs and less in the brothel department (but they would still be available in that scenario). A spa pictured brothel could for example have more massage and peepshow slots than your starting brothel.

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »
a diversified brothel sounds like a good goal instead of having different shops that you earn with territory (or at least a better reward for getting more brothels) lets be honest a sexy nurse brothel or a dojo brothel were all the sexy fighting girls hangout and can get better at their trade maybe not the same idea but something similar would be nice instead of a different background pic to the brothel

Offline Purple

« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2017, 05:13:34 AM »
I have taken that look I talked about and my conclusion is disheartening. The file extension on these things might say C++ but it's not. C++ is a modern object oriented language that just works. The thing is written in C. And not just C. We are talking 1980's caveman, knapp your own tools, C.

I have in my past worked with this type of code and I can confidently say that, in my professional opinion, if you want to rework it in order to allow messages to have any sort of "mixed" formatting your best and possibly only bet would be to rewrite the entire messaging system from the ground up.

a diversified brothel sounds like a good goal instead of having different shops that you earn with territory (or at least a better reward for getting more brothels) lets be honest a sexy nurse brothel or a dojo brothel were all the sexy fighting girls hangout and can get better at their trade maybe not the same idea but something similar would be nice instead of a different background pic to the brothel
If you want themed brothels or bars a much better way of doing it would IMO be to tie it to the goal system. Like, give the player a set of objectives, call them "achievements" if you will. And each of these unlocks a new theme. So like "Capture X girls in the arena" lets you open a Dojo themed something. Or "Have X renowned singer/music girls" lets you open a music themed something.

And than next time you buy a lot you get to pick a theme from the list of unlocked ones.

That way the player can actually strive to achieve these things and get a sense of achievement when he does so as opposed to just tying it to an arbitrary amount of money + territories.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:19:34 AM by Purple »

Offline grishnak

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »
Themes would be ok for me, too, if they were not just cosmetical. Right now we already can customize a bit by unselecting available "acts" in the building setup. Maybe just adding "specialities" could be enough to diversify in combination with themes (like one brothel could be famous for its food, one could be famous for kinkiness and another for offering experienced workers only). Depending on building (or theme...each building could for example have one basic starting theme, that gets unlocked upon buying the brothel). The themes could give mali and boni to certain acts/customers/jobs and affect how renown/fame in the building is earned too.

Offline Imocla

« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2017, 01:36:14 PM »
Would be interesting to have a "Guard dog" or "Monster breeder" job for your home. The jobs would only have sex with other dogs or beasts. If monster breeder, she wouldn't be allowed contraceptives by default. If guard dog there could be some combat related events.

Another idea for a home job would be a job that takes into account the "performance" skill. Like living furniture or a living painting. Living furniture would take into account BDSM and other sex skills depending on the event. Spirit would have a negative effect on being furniture and would decrease slowly over time. Living painting would take into account stripping depending on the event.

Offline Purple

« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:53 AM »
I've been thinking about that and honestly I think that the best way to do it would be:
1. Move the "one of a type" jobs like torturer and catacomb exploration to the player house.
2. Slightly rework the "general" job category so that it is more generic.
3. Replace the brothel lots with multipurpose lots that only come with the "general" job category and the option to buy a brothel, restaurant, farm, club, studio... etc. or any combination thereof you wish.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:14 AM »
What I really would love to have changed in  this game are more actionpoints per week.
At the moment we only have 20. When you have to handle hundreds of girls it is really not enough.

The easiest way to change that is to enhance the number of actionpoints per week in the code directly. I would prefer 50 as a minimum.

A smarter way would be that everybody could adjust the action points per week in the game configuration.

And the third idea ( lot of work and not shure if this could be done ) is , that the player can by additional actionpoints per round  by spending money which he has earned.  Even later in the game players have so much money and it is nearly useless then.

kind regards

Offline hmf

« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
Hello, would a naming convention setting for daughters born of a mother possible? I thought of it like this :
                   _FirstName          _MiddleName            _LastName
Mother :       MFN                         MMN                        MLN
Father  :       FFN                         FMN                          FLN                               

the current naming for the player's children is(please correct me if I'm wrong) :
                   RANDOM   +   FLN

I would love to see tweaking the children's name before being birthed possible for each mix of the names like these:
                      _FirstName                     _MiddleName                   _LastName
Daughter :     MFN                                    RANDOM                          FFN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             MFN                                 MLN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             MFN                                 FFN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             RANDOM                          MLN     
Daughter :     RANDOM                             CUSTOM                          MLN

by "CUSTOM" I mean a string of characters that we could write ourselves so that it is always added, for example "Von".
(P.S: It would be great if I am able to see which father/mother the child is from just by looking at his/her name. Dunno if this has been discussed before, though. So I apologize in advance :) )                   
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:47:31 AM by hmf »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »
Hello, would a naming convention setting for daughters born of a mother possible? I thought of it like this :
                   _FirstName          _MiddleName            _LastName
Mother :       MFN                         MMN                        MLN
Father  :       FFN                         FMN                          FLN                               

the current naming for the player's children is(please correct me if I'm wrong) :
                   RANDOM   +   FLN

I would love to see tweaking the children's name before being birthed possible for each mix of the names like these:
                      _FirstName                     _MiddleName                   _LastName
Daughter :     MFN                                    RANDOM                          FFN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             MFN                                 MLN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             MFN                                 FFN
Daughter :     RANDOM                             RANDOM                          MLN     
Daughter :     RANDOM                             CUSTOM                          MLN

by "CUSTOM" I mean a string of characters that we could write ourselves so that it is always added, for example "Von".
(P.S: It would be great if I am able to see which father/mother the child is from just by looking at his/her name. Dunno if this has been discussed before, though. So I apologize in advance :) )                 
The entire pregnancy/children section is going to be rewritten soon so I will add something like this to it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »

With the list of items being increased to add witches' shoes, hat, garters, might I ask for a Witches' Broom (item to add Flight).