Author Topic: Dungeon Fun  (Read 8824 times)

Offline killjoy57us

Dungeon Fun
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »
Okay. So, this is a modified version of the DefaultDungeonInteract script. The mod is simple, and way underdeveloped, but I was looking for feedback.

Right now, the ONLY THING that is different, is that there is one new option in the Interact menu in the Dungeon, "Be Creative." It does one of five or six random events. Thus far its only a proof-of-concept; it doesn't affect game stats AT ALL, and it won't until I get some feedback from the community. And, once the scripting changes are finally and fully committed, I'll keep screwing with it in Lua.

Obviously, if you have a custom DefaultDungeonInteract script already, back it up.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Dungeon Fun
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 11:09:37 PM »
Originally I wanted to do something like this with both dungeon and Standard interactions. Was going to slowly work out a decision tree that would give progressively higher bonuses and or penalties dependent on how good or bad you where doing with it. And it was going to be designed specifically to alleviate some of the grinding.

Some problems accured to me though.

• Once people figured out the best path through the tree, it ends up being another grind fest only more complex.
  • To alleviate that, was thinking I would create more Girl specific scripts that would be called from the main script after certain choices where made. Problem was I didn't see a way to do that. (Lua should address this.)
  • The script editor itself and how variables are handled was a gigantic beast of an Albatross of a Behemoth of a thing I wanted to kill with fire and not look back at. (Again Lua should address this.)
So yeah, progress came to a dead halt for me back in April and I started waiting for Lua.

I haven't actually checked out your script yet. Mostly because I'm playing Boarderlands to death. After I do though, and Lua is up and running (well more fleshed out), I wouldn't mind helping with this.  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:11:38 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »
I see 12 downloads and no feedback -- pretty please? At least have the courtesy to tell me that I suck.  ;D

Offline Draka

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »
I'll dl and check it out when I find out a fix for the no unique girls issue the latest version has. x.x

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 04:13:07 AM »
@killjoy - haven't d/led it yet. Looking forward to doing so, but RL is busy atm

@Draka - no unique girls? I though we solved that a week or so ago...?

Offline Draka

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »
I may have missed the update.... if it's not a problem could you link me to the fix for it? I did the dl for 1.30.0 beta r452... no unique girls... I did some test playing where I just skipped weeks to see if any showed... even finding girls while wandering in the city, which normally is 100% (at least it seems to me to be 100%) chance of a unique girl... ends up as random girls.

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
Try replacing your config.xml; reset defaults in the Game Configuration tab of the Character and Item Editor and save the file. Also, start a new game if you haven't.

I don't know which (if either) of those fixed it for me, but I had the same problem for a while, even in r452.

Offline Draka

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »
Gonna try redownloading it completely... we'll see what happens.

Nope.. no good... completely redownloaded the game but, it didn't help... advice?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:04:09 PM by Draka »

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
Wish I could help, Draka, but I'm out of ideas.

Back to topic; okay, if I can't get any feedback, I still want to hear what people think the mechanics of the script should look like when "Be Creative" is executed. Also I'd be happy to field any other ideas for the random event. Just try to keep in mind that anything that this script does is going to be offset by being... well, dangerous, for the girl at least. I'm thinking AT LEAST a 1% chance of automatic death; and that's straight up, and has nothing to do with whether or not she's feeling obedient. The idea is to give the player something different to... (ahem)... grind with. The way I want it to work in the end, is that "Be creative" is available once a week per girl; and the stakes are higher, but the rewards should be greater, and the dialog dirtier.

So talk to me, people.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Do you have the Characters folder under resources? Are there girls in it?

Also, can you post a game log?

Offline RyRain

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 03:45:02 AM »
Sorry it took so long. Since it doesn't actually seem to count as an interaction guys it doesn't take much to try out. As far as I've seen there are four scenarios for the get creative option. I like it. Certainly would add more flavor for those of us with a strong sadistic streak. :D

Honestly I'd kind of like to see a mod like this with different torture options having different effects, for example one kind decreases rebelliousness faster, one has a higher chance of breaking, one pretty much guarantees impregnation, etc. I know Necro doesn't want to put this in the base game, but a mod to add it in would be awesome.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 05:34:10 AM »
Having finally got around to trying it - fun!

Nice to see the scripting system being used :)

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Sorry it took so long. Since it doesn't actually seem to count as an interaction guys it doesn't take much to try out. As far as I've seen there are four scenarios for the get creative option. I like it. Certainly would add more flavor for those of us with a strong sadistic streak. :D

Honestly I'd kind of like to see a mod like this with different torture options having different effects, for example one kind decreases rebelliousness faster, one has a higher chance of breaking, one pretty much guarantees impregnation, etc. I know Necro doesn't want to put this in the base game, but a mod to add it in would be awesome.

Eh. I think there are like 5 in this version. And its not going to be really finished until Lua is fully implemented. It IS going to more sadistic, but I'm not sure it should be as predictable as just picking which one you're actually going to do. Each result of "Be Creative" should have a unique effect on the girl, which should be more beneficial (as training) and more dangerous than other more common methods of training and torture. I'm pretty sure I want "Be Creative" to cost at least 50% health, I mean, just check out some of the scenarios. That, and used properly, it could make breaking a girl mentally a bit quicker, without being unrealistic.

Once I get my hands on a fully functional Lua version of DefaultDungeonInteract, I expect to really be able to get started. I need the functions Doc is working up, especially scripting traits.

And really, this is a mod. Its my idea of what you should be able to do in the dungeon, if you felt like it. I don't expect it to make it to the base game, but neither do I have a problem with making the game a little more entertaining for myself and others, and maybe give other people ideas to promote the use of scripting. I'd like to see more up here like this one.

I especially want to point out that if you don't like my dialog options, its really easy, even for those who don't script, to open the file with the script editor and replace the dialog with....well, whatever they like. And add whatever effects they feel necessary. Remember, though, this is still Game Script, and not Lua.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:10:19 PM by killjoy57us »

Offline RyRain

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 06:20:16 PM »
Sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye out for your updates.