Author Topic: Slavery Ideas  (Read 22221 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Slavery Ideas
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:37:55 AM »
Just kicking some ideas around:

How about making the PC get a slaver's licence before he can apply slave tattoos? it would still be technically illegal to grab women off the street (and probably to enslave girls in his employ for that matter) but as long as he has a licence, no one is going to look too closely at his activities.

The licence would be purchased from the Mayor's office, cost 5000 gold and be renewable annually.

Slaver licences would not be issued to anyone with too bad a rep, so you'd have to work on cleaning up your act once a year if you wanted to keep your licence. One week in 52 you'd need to appear to be a solid citizen.

The player would not start with a licence. You could still buy slaves from the market, you just couldn't make new ones. It might be possible to get the slave market to brand your girls as well, but they'd charge a fee, and if a girl didn't submit, they'd have to let her go, and you'd lose her.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Slavery Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:07:53 AM »
I like the idea, though it should probably cost more (maybe not when money finally gets balanced, but until then...).  There also needs to be some tangible benefit that slaves provide over free girls.  Currently, it is the other way around, so it doesn't make much sense to implement just yet, aside from testing it out.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
Wow you think it should cost MORE? I thought 5 grand was kind of excessive... But it's certainly a benefit being able to set slave tattoos. So I can see how it'd make sense to be that expensive.

I like the option to have other slavers do it as well. Very nice alternative.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline BT9061

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
Perhaps if free girls could actually quit (PC treated them poorly, they earned enough money, or they simply spent enough time as a whore) there would be incentive for branding them as slaves.

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »
If we do that then I think there should be a somewhat easier way to raise your reputation. One of the earlier versions of the game your reputation raised when you let people that couldn't pay go, but no longer. The only current way to raise your reputation seems to be by freeing your slaves. I've run a few games where I made it a point to let everyone go and not do anything to anyone, but my reputation always gets dragged down anyway by people that sell me their daughters automatically without asking me. (Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think your reputation gets lowered by anyone going to the dungeon whether its automatic or not.) If it's going to take months to raise your reputation enough to get the slaver's license, and said license is to be renewed annually, there hardly seems a real reason to get it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:07 PM »
Prices for the licence will (I expect) go into the config.xml file, so you'll be able to set it high or low to suit. In fact, I'll probably set it up so that if the cost is zero, you get it automatically.

Raising rep should be easier when nec's community centers and other special buildings get going. I could also make the price dependent reputation. If you have a bad rep then, to a certain extent, you can still get the licence by paying an outrageous bribe on top of the licence price.

Thinking of the config file, I can probably make rep configurable as well. This config file is rapidly becoming all-consumng...

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
have noticed that if you keep customers in dungeons for a suitable time and then release them, your rep goes way up, a bug or intentionally?
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »
Sounds like a bug - haven't noticed it myself though. I'll have a look at the rep code in a bit :)

Offline Alugere

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
If you make it to where it costs money to make girls slaves, I would vote that slave girls no longer earn half as much as free girls. Simply put, as it is, you would have to enslave several girls to make a net profit if you had to pay to be able to enslave them and, even then, the ammount of money you would get from free girls would be vastly superior.

Also, if you have to purchase a permit, all catacombs girls should come pre-enslaved because it's not as if they were citizens or anyone knew about them before they showed up in your brothel.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
That's why I want there to be a tangible benefit to having slaves over free girls before there are any costs associated with enslaving girls.  As it is, buying slaves on the market is vastly inefficient compared to walking the streets and kidnapping.  I think the girls should have equal incomes, all other things being equal - why would a customer care whether the girl he's banging is free or a slave? - there is already a built in difference in the house percentages, so there's no need to make the rates charged customers different.  Slaves should be less demanding (they'll have no legal recourse if they are treated poorly, so they are more likely to accept whatever working and living conditions the player imposes) and refuse to work less often than free girls with the same rebelliousness (perhaps never refuse to work if the "enchantment" on the "enchanted" slave tattoo has some mind-controlling aspects).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
Makes sense Zodiac.
I'm thinking since there's going to be "jobs" only non-slaves can do. It makes sense that there should be jobs only slaves can do. Thus giving you yet another reason to make some of your girls slaves and some not.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
If you make it to where it costs money to make girls slaves, I would vote that slave girls no longer earn half as much as free girls. Simply put, as it is, you would have to enslave several girls to make a net profit if you had to pay to be able to enslave them and, even then, the ammount of money you would get from free girls would be vastly superior.

Well, first off, you're going to be able to turn this off. Second, you won't have to pay to enslave girls as long as your licence is up to date. I do agree that there's no reason why a well trained and well disciplined slave shouldn't make as much or more as a free whore. That's something else I want to look at.

Personally, I like to run my brothels as slave kennels, so don't worry: I'm not about to break slavery.

Also, if you have to purchase a permit, all catacombs girls should come pre-enslaved because it's not as if they were citizens or anyone knew about them before they showed up in your brothel.

Mmmmm ... not convinced about that one. You want the benefits of slavery, you need the licence.

That's why I want there to be a tangible benefit to having slaves over free girls before there are any costs associated with enslaving girls.

Agreed. Slave girls have been a bit nerfed of late. Really they should both have their benefits and drawbacks.

I think the girls should have equal incomes, all other things being equal - why would a customer care whether the girl he's banging is free or a slave?

Well, I can see that a free girl might show more enthusiasm for the job than a poorly trained slave. But a well trained one should be as good as the best of free women. And really most of that can be handled with rebelliousness scores. So yeah, I tend to agree.

Slaves should be less demanding (they'll have no legal recourse if they are treated poorly, so they are more likely to accept whatever working and living conditions the player imposes) and refuse to work less often than free girls with the same rebelliousness (perhaps never refuse to work if the "enchantment" on the "enchanted" slave tattoo has some mind-controlling aspects).

Yeah, I think slaves should be more obedient too. Like I say, I'm a slavemaster by inclination.

I'm thinking since there's going to be "jobs" only non-slaves can do. It makes sense that there should be jobs only slaves can do. Thus giving you yet another reason to make some of your girls slaves and some not.

Hmmm... I had a couple of ideas along those lines, but they were a bit dark. I can imagine though that you'd get quite a lot of free girls refusing tentacle monster duty though.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:21 PM »
Well, first off, you're going to be able to turn this off. Second, you won't have to pay to enslave girls as long as your licence is up to date. I do agree that there's no reason why a well trained and well disciplined slave shouldn't make as much or more as a free whore. That's something else I want to look at.1

Mmmmm ... not convinced about that one. You want the benefits of slavery, you need the licence.2
  • You're still having to pay 5000 per year as the default which equates to paying 5000/(# of girls your enslaved that year) per slave to enslave them. In other words, if you enslave 10 girls in one year, it costs 500 per girl to enslave them and if you enslave only two it costs 2500 per girl to enslave them.
  • It's called enslaving them illegally. Since your brothel has the only entrance to the catacombs, no one will be able to tell if you are catching and enslaving the girls or simply purchasing exotic slaves from some unknown location. Essentially, there is no way for the authorities to tell know if you are enslaving the monster girls when you don't have a permit.

exodia91

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
I was under the impression the majority of the government was corrupt as all fuck. They aren't gonna give a damn if you have a license or not so long as you *cough* pay the proper taxes.... *has sudden idea*

Instead of paying for a license, why not have all slavegirls have a tax, and once a month a guy comes around, checks your girls, and charges you a tax for each one with a tattoo. 5000 is a big price to pay for a guy who only makes like 2 slaves, and a pittance for a guy who makes tons, a tax would scale up with the amount of slaves you have. just make it like 100-300 gold a month.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 04:15:58 PM by exodia91 »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Liking the tax idea if we can give slaves some sort of advantage over no slaves.