devolution

Author Topic: NEW Color notifications  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
NEW Color notifications
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:18:48 AM »
Dunno if this is the correct spot to put this buttttt....

We've had color notification in WM for a while now... but only using the color red. Red makes perfect sense for someone in poor health. So I get that, but i've been following the developers forum and I've noticed that the color choice for girls in the dungeon is ALSO red.
My suggestion... currently as far as that go is a different color for that. Off the top of my head I think purple or grey would be perfect considering the girls are not currently in your employ but in the dungeon. RED makes me think something is wrong.As far as girl notifications go. I feel like green, yellow and red are perfect choices. Green means they're perfectly fine 100 to 80 across the board. 79-50 is yellow, 49-0 is red. When a girl dies you can put her in another color.

The same can be done with the newly added gang set up.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Hawke

Re: NEW Color notifications
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
Gray would be a good color to indicate a slave that has died.  The health colors you've suggested are almost standards anymore, although they sometimes appear as green - good, yellow - critical. red - death (or dying).  I know it would unnecessarily complicate the code :P but a stripped bar would be good to indicate girls in the dungeon.  With gray "bars" (horizontal or diagonal...diagonal would be easier on the eyes) to represent their placement in the dungeon overlaying their standard "health" bar that would show what their health levels are (to help with monitoring them at a glance).

Purple would be a good color to indicate girls who are dungeon delving.  I haven't kept up with everything on the development forum, but I seem to recall that being suggested :P.  Or for any gangs that might have special effects and/or status changes in play (like having your sons join them, for example...something else I recall hearing :P).
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
I believe the code currently uses about six colours. There's one for the list background, one for the border, two for list elements (red and blue) one for selected elements, and one for text. That's off the top of my head, so it may be a little off. I don't think there's much support for multiple highlight colours though, and I think it might take a bit of work to make them possible.

That said, it's a good idea. Definitely one to bear in mind.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »
I don't think there's much support for multiple highlight colours though, and I think it might take a bit of work to make them possible.

That's what I pretty much figured. If it wasn't a technical problem I was fairly certain something similar would have taken effect in earlier updates. Oh well, figured it was worth suggesting.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Graen

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
It was definitely worth suggesting, it's just a time + effort thing as I see it.  Further distinguishing the various notifications the games presents you is a good idea.  I think someone also suggested in another thread to condense the daily info into one or two dialogue boxes as well.

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
Why complicate it with all the colors of the rainbow?  I always thought red was just to get your attention that something was wrong.  Just add a condition box next to health stat saying what's wrong.  Like "too tired" or "near death"
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
You could have a status bar that shows some thing is wrong with the slave and if there is nothing wrong the status bar says normal
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.