Author Topic: The 1.29 Todo list  (Read 31910 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: The 1.29 Todo list
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »
Thank you for sharing.

Please be assured I will give your opinions all the consideration they deserve.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
Uuuuurk. If you're gonna make it a difficult business sim now at least give it a more realistic bent instead of the current pseudo-crime we have now. It doesn't make you feel like a criminal to play the game right now.

And I speak loudly because I speak with the voice of the silent masses.

But I guess its nice I've finally got my point across and we can move forward.
I'm kind of wondering what exactly you'd like to see in the game. All I've read are things you don't want and some thoughts on making the current gameplay more seamless. Do you just like the game as it is now? I mean, what are you looking for? How do you think the game should be improved upon?
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
OK, I had a bit think. Remember at the start of this topic when I said "subject to change for whatever reason", or words to that effect? Well here's a revised todo list

• Slave Markets. Markets are going to keep the same girls from one turn to the next and will only be removed or replaced comparatively slowly. People are going to have to make the best use they can of what is available to begin with. I'll also look at implementing a tiering system, so that the better girls are also less frequently encountered.
  • City Wards: Once that's done, I'm going to split the city up into wards, with different conditions that need to be met to grant access to each bar the first. There will be more than slave market here, and the nature and quality of girls on offer will differ according to the market. Probably do something similar for items as well
  • Message illustrations: I want a message box that takes a picture so we can illustrate events. And probably one that allows portraits on the left or right so we can do ADV style dialogue trees.
  • Rival Leaders. I want to put some more effort into the rival leaders. I want to give them personalities, styles and decent AI. I also want to give them strongholds that take quite a lot of effort to storm. I think I'll add female rivals that can be enslaved when defeated, too. I know someone asked for that a long time ago.
  • Gangs: I want to develop some of the ideas that have been kicked around for making gangs more interesting. Gang bonuses for specific tasks or circumstances, gang leaders, gang events and interactions. It would be nice to give the rivals proper gangs that learn as well, rather than the made-up-on-the-spot ones they have as well. Maybe have female leaders for enemy gangs, too...
  • Player: I want to start developing a player profile. At the least I'd like to give the player a portrait thumbnail like in slavemaker, and if people still want to have female PCs this would be the time to add that feature. Also on the cards are achievements, high scores, unlockable abilities for subsequent playthroughs, config file overrides ... there's a lot we could do
  • Saves: I'll probably throw  SQLite into the mix at some point, and rewrite the save mechanism to use it. Either that or do the whole thing in XML, but it's way too big already for my mind.

Anyway, that is roughly the plan. Still subject to change without notice.

Arising from that, a request for assistance: I'm going to need a pile of portait pics - thumbnail sized head and shoulder shots basically. So I was wondering if any of you guys who know your way around the picture search sites would help me gather them. I'll need them male (for the PC pics,  gang leaders rivals, and some misc ones wouldn't go amiss); female (PC portraits, rivals, NPCs), monsters (for dramatic encounters in the catacombs, and so forth...)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:21:10 PM by DocClox »

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »

• Slave Markets. Markets are going to keep the same girls from one turn to the next and will only be removed or replaced comparatively slowly. People are going to have to make the best use they can of what is available to begin with. I'll also look at implementing a tiering system, so that the better girls are also less frequently encountered.

This sounds good, also has the added minor benefit of a girl possibly staying around long enough for you to save up to buy her.

• City Wards: Once that's done, I'm going to split the city up into wards, with different conmditions that need to be met to grant access to each bar the first. There will be more than slave market here, and the nature and quality of girls on offer will differ according to the market. Probably do something similar for items as well

So it's definitely in the pipes now to get the map to be more than just a static... thing you look at when you hit the walk around button? Sounds great.  :D Sabotaging rivals takes less time then putting money in the bank so rivals can't steel it, I rarely buy slaves, don't let girls street walk and I use the Item management screen over the shop. So , with the exception of setting bribery rate to 100 and buying my first 2-3 slaves I do nothing on the map. (I was raided once and an unhappy girl got busted for drug possession, but that was ONCE.)

• Message illustrations: I want a message box that takes a picture so we can illustrate events. And probably one that allows portraits on the left or right so we can do ADV style dialogue trees.

This is what I was asking for in the "how girl images are handled" thread a week back. This would be perfect. (Once again I'm surprised at my inability to commit to type what I am thinking.)

• Rival Leaders. I want to put some more effort into the rival leaders. I want to give them personalities, styles and decent AI. I also want to give them strongholds that take quite a lot of effort to storm. I think I'll add female rivals that can be enslaved when defeated, too. I know someone asked for that a long time ago.
  • Gangs: I want to develop some of the ideas that have been kicked around for making gangs more interesting. Gang bonuses for specific tasks or circumstances, gang leaders, gang events and interactions. It would be nice to give the rivals proper gangs that learn as well, rather than the made-up-on-the-spot ones they have as well. Maybe have female leaders for enemy gangs, too...

:glee:  ;D
  • Player: I want to start developing a player profile. At the least I'd like to give the player a portrait thumbnail like in slavemaker, and if people still want to have female PCs this would be the time to add that feature. Also on the cards are achievments, high scores, unlockable abilities for subsequent playthroughs, config file overrides ... there's a lot we could do

Stats would be nice to, if for no other reason than to be able to not get your ass kicked by every girl you hire. :D

Anyway, that is roughly the plan. Still subject to change without notice.

Arising from that, a request for assistance: I'm going to need a pile of portait pics - thumbnail sized head and shoulder shots basically. So I was wondering if any of you guys who know your way around the picture search sites would help me gather them. I'll need them male (for the PC pics,  gang leaders rivals, and some misc ones wouldn't go amiss); female (PC portraits, rivals, NPCs), monsters (for dramatic encounters in the catacombs, and so forth...)

I'll see what I can dig up. Sites like pixiv have a breadth of portrait  images, So I think I can find quite a few.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
So , with the exception of setting bribery rate to 100 and buying my first 2-3 slaves I do nothing on the map. (I was raided once and an unhappy girl got busted for drug possession, but that was ONCE.)

Yeah, bribery gives rather better value for money than I was expecting. I should really do something about that.

Stats would be nice to, if for no other reason than to be able to not get your ass kicked by every girl you hire. :D

And I suppose with city wards to provide a bit of structure, there's no reason the player shouldn't have some sort of level/skill based progression. Certainly I'm planning to make the enemies harder as the game progresses,

I'll see what I can dig up. Sites like pixiv have a breadth of portrait  images, So I think I can find quite a few.

Thanks :) If I don't have to hunt the pics down, I can spend the time coding :)

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »
Arising from that, a request for assistance: I'm going to need a pile of portait pics - thumbnail sized head and shoulder shots basically. So I was wondering if any of you guys who know your way around the picture search sites would help me gather them. I'll need them male (for the PC pics,  gang leaders rivals, and some misc ones wouldn't go amiss); female (PC portraits, rivals, NPCs), monsters (for dramatic encounters in the catacombs, and so forth...)

Quite the to-do list there! I'm really excited to see it all come about. Can you be more specific as for avatar size? 100x100 is a general standard. This forum uses 65x65. Slavemakers (darkening and slightly blurring the portraits) might work well in this case as well.
100x100                    100x100                    65x65

-100 saturation
                                  -60 light
                                              1 pixel gaussian blur 

As far as the ADV characters on the side of the screen (Exactly what I was hoping to see at some point) Would they still be in jpg format? Normally when you save an image as a jpg with an empty background it fills it with white.

jpg                                                                                         png

Now I'm not sure if you've used RPGmaker 2000 at some point but they had this pink color to represent transparency. (I guess the game registered it as such) So, i'm just trying to figure that kind of stuff out while it's still under conception.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »

And I suppose with city wards to provide a bit of structure, there's no reason the player shouldn't have some sort of level/skill based progression. Certainly I'm planning to make the enemies harder as the game progresses,

Maybe not have the player get "better" but rather set their stats at the start of the game. Similar to the original fallout series where your over-all stat points rarely changed throughout the game. (Maybe two, three points) So if you grew up being an idiot, you didn't just fight some monsters and suddenly gain some intellect. If your body is frail you're not going to get any better by leveling up. However your skills in shooting, fighting, ect. did.

In the case of WM I suppose basic stats would be:
Charisma, Beauty, Libido, Mana, Intelligence, Confidence, Spirit and Agility (Enough to put 50 in each with 100 in one if you chose)
You get 450 points to place as you see fit. (Fallout had max stats of 10 instead of 100)

While your skills:
Magic, combat, sex could increase.
So if you're not strong, you never will be. Some of your more powerful girls will beat the shit out of you, no matter how well trained you are. Again, I don't know how complex fighting will get. (Hell you may even be able to set yourself up as a gang leader since you may not have many)
So who knows, something to consider. Instead of how girls can be really shitty at everything and then become amazing at everything.

26 girls, 18 to go

Offline fixet

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 02:29:44 PM »
dear god, are we having bishi gangs now?

exodia91

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
As for What I Want... well I'd just like the game as it is to have more features and things to do, girl interactions and such, maybe streamline it some more. Also, I'm getting the impression Doc and I have very different ideas about what is fun and sexy. Also, to be honest, some of his writing... makes me cringe.

Oh god the accents someone save me.

Offline fixet

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
As for What I Want... well I'd just like the game as it is to have more features and things to do, girl interactions and such, maybe streamline it some more. Also, I'm getting the impression Doc and I have very different ideas about what is fun and sexy. Also, to be honest, some of his writing... makes me cringe.
this

it needs more things to do, not more conditions to do what we already can

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »

Now I'm not sure if you've used RPGmaker 2000 at some point but they had this pink color to represent transparency. (I guess the game registered it as such) So, i'm just trying to figure that kind of stuff out while it's still under conception.

It's the same concept as blue and green screens. You want to use a high contrast color that will most likely NOT be present in the image you don't want transparent.

On a hunch I checked to see if whoremaster supported transparency in png files. It does. (Figured since it supports png format, just not the extension) This means you don't have to fiddle around with setting up pink backgrounds or sprite sheets or whatever. Just  cut out the parts you don't want shown in an image editor and save as png. (don't forget to rename the png as jpg.  :D )

dear god, are we having bishi gangs now?

...gangs of Parisian fashion designers?

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline fixet

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
...gangs of Parisian fashion designers?
not to imply anything, but it is usually a good idea to look further than the first result on google

exodia91

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »
Actually bishounen is pretty much the first and second result, he's joking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »
Oh god the accents someone save me.

You don't like what I'm doing, maybe you should "smack me down hard", and see how far that gets you. Maybe you should call me an ignorant asshole again. I mean it worked so well last time. Honestly, what planet do you come from that you thought that was going to be winning strategy?

Anyway, I don't want there to be any misunderstandings between us, so just for record: as of this moment, there are bacteria on this planet whose opinion I value more highly and than I do yours. I want you to understand that if I ever do fill any request of yours with respect to this game, it will be purely coincidental. I want you to know that I don't care if you think you represent the silent majority, his holiness the pope, or the massed military might of the romulan empire, I really couldn't give a toss.

Right, so hopefully we're both on the same page now. And since I've now finally made my point, perhaps we can indeed go forward. Because I am surely fed up with talking to you.

Offline fixet

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
really? because, I .. you know, took it as a joke, what with it being crossed out and stuff

I can't be the only one who thinks this is going a bit too far
I mean, we are on the internet, discussing the direction a game with anime slave whores is taking

it is a game you put a lot of effort in, and a game we enjoy very much, but come on

can't we just all get along?