devolution

Author Topic: Future suggestions to improve difficulty  (Read 38407 times)

Offline letmein

Re: Future suggestions to improve difficulty
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
Yeah, you have a point, zodiac.  I think the love stat is just rising every turn for no particular reason.  Even girls kept isolated (although not tortured) in the dungeon will come to love you after a long enough time.
Still lurking.

exodia91

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
its still fairly realistic though, it simulates the day to day contact between you and them, and... whats that syndrome called when you start sympathizing and even liking your captors? Whatever it is, I can see girls gradually getting used to you over weeks, although might want to put a cap on how high this little feature can raise love.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »
Stockholm syndrome is an instinctive response to adverse conditions intended to promote survival.  Do the victims really love their captors?  Who knows.

Having a Stockholm effect for slave girls or those in the dungeon may be appropriate, but for free girls - who could ostensibly pick up and leave at any time - it doesn't make sense.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2009, 11:38:02 PM »
Yeah, I will look into this.

Offline Command

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
How about the love stat only raises for slaves with certain stacks like a girl who seems to have a mind set more like a pet or something like that.  For other slaves their fear would gradually raise, other slaves would simply hate you for just being their master. 

You could have some girls who have a certain stat to be completly nertral to you.  Like an andriod or something with no emotions.  Not very popular but 100% dependable to do their jobs.

Also I was thinking that it's a little to easy for the rivals to fall.  WHy not also have some sort of area where it tells you your aproaching a rivals territory.  So far some rivals are falling even before your into enemy territory.  It just makes the game seem really easy.  I mean it needs something to give the player a feeling of gang war.  Like in order to beat I rival you wil need to not only capture territory but also sabotoge their holdings as well to desrupt enough of their assets to surrender. 

But have some sort of status section that says what your informents are telling you on the size and strength of each gang.  It would give the player a feeling that he's actually doing something to an enemy if he can see how much territory he is taking from the enemy and how much is left.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:46:45 AM by Command »

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
If she has good accommodation her love would rise also. But it really wouldn't surprise me if there are some balance issues in there as well. Love should only rise when the girl receives kind acts from the player.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)