devolution

Author Topic: Pinkutako's Interactions Script.  (Read 22651 times)

Offline Pinkutako

Pinkutako's Interactions Script.
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Hey All,

I've been working on an Interactions script and learning as I go.  This one is not quite complete, but it is playable.  So far I've tested it using Crazy's Mod .05.  I'm most proud of what i got done with the "Send her on a Quest" portion.  The scripting for the quests in mostly done, but the dialog is mostly placeholder stuff.  I've put an insane amount of my free time at work into this thing.  Any suggestions for what else I could/should do with this would be helpful, but please bear in mind I knew nothing of scripting when i began this and it has been a learning process along the way.  I hope you all enjoy what is there so far.  hopefully, my work free time continues and I can get a final version done at some point.

Old Script:
http://www.mediafire.com/?321c6ktil3b1b8b

New Script 9-19-12
http://www.mediafire.com/?psnzb2189vf6b5o

Here is the latest on my script.  It still needs fleshing out with the dialog but I've completed the training and Dinner date portions.  I've done some minimal bug testing, and it looks good.  One problem i do have with the dinner date script is it doesn't show images for the end of the date.  The scripting is there, but perhaps I've hit a limit with how the game code and script interacts with one another.  It's different than the quest script because there are choices throughout the date.  Also, I've added options if she refuses to do something.

I plan to update the script again when Crazy's mod .06 comes out, since he is being awesome and adding script commands for images for me. 8)

I know there are more experienced scripters around so any thoughts, feedback, criticisms are welcome. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:42:17 PM by Pinkutako »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
Re: Pinkutako's Interactions Script.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
Very nice!  I am quite impressed by the scripting!  Keep it up!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline akab

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »

Very well done, I'm impressed.
Unfortunately, the system is not practical to edit the script, otherwise
it would be easier to make it more varied and entertaining.

Compliments.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
Great work
 I cant wait for de finish script

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 07:37:36 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement everybody.

I'm going to try to get it finished as quickly as I can. The next big section will be "invite her to your private quarters" and after that writing all the dialog.  I was also toying around with the Idea of adding a choicebox after she refuses to do something.  Along the lines of allowing her to refuse for a tiny disposition boost and a option to force/punish her for refusing.  I'll keep working at this and hoping you all enjoy the final version. 8)

Offline akab

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement everybody.

I'm going to try to get it finished as quickly as I can. The next big section will be "invite her to your private quarters" and after that writing all the dialog.  I was also toying around with the Idea of adding a choicebox after she refuses to do something.  Along the lines of allowing her to refuse for a tiny disposition boost and a option to force/punish her for refusing.  I'll keep working at this and hoping you all enjoy the final version. 8)

Good idea ;)

Question: You write the script directly in the editor or proceed first on another editor and then re-encode line by line?

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
Question: You write the script directly in the editor or proceed first on another editor and then re-encode line by line?

Simple answer:  I do it all directly with the script editor.

Long Answer:  Using the WM script editor is one of the contributing factors to scripting taking so long.  I've learned by alot of trial and error.  My first script I wrote almost complete and when i tried to test it; It would crash the game.  So i started by adding each line and testing it immediately.  fortunately, each time you press the "interact" button in the girl details it loads the script from the file, so it wasn't like i had to keep reloading the game.  Now, I have a better understanding of the syntax so I can add a whole quest section, for instance, and test that.  I've got a whole wishlist of things i wish i could do in the script editor program.  copy and pasting into and out of the editor would be an enormous help, But  it is what it is.  So i'll just keep working within the limits of the editor.

Offline akab

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »

Script Editor ... all my respects.  :o

Copy and paste .... a dream that maybe one day it will reality  8)

Thanks to all who have already contributed with their efforts to the creation of scripts, and other content.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
a tip about a detail that never hurts to be sure that the girls say you love or father respond when appropriate (you know if slave master father if your daughter)

and do not forget the script blowjobs

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »
I really enjoy your quests, and would really love to see thm fleshed out.
I sometimes run into a bug though: I choose "Send her on a Quest", and it goes Quest Accept->where->Nothing
The script just ends there and nothing happens...

It would really be cool if you could give her directives before going on a quest, like how to solve the problems she faces...

I hope to see more of your work in the future.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
I sometimes run into a bug though: I choose "Send her on a Quest", and it goes Quest Accept->where->Nothing
The script just ends there and nothing happens...

Ya I have run into this bug myself, but no idea what causes it.  I don't know if it has to do with the game itself or the script.  I also saw a similar bug if i chose "go back" on the mission choices and went back to choosing a quest it would go Quest Accept and then nothing.  I don't know anything of game code and this is my first script so i'm not sure how to go about tracking down the bug.  If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear any thoughts, but I don't have the skills at the moment to fix it myself.

It would really be cool if you could give her directives before going on a quest, like how to solve the problems she faces...

This is a cool idea. Like you could direct her to solve with violence or diplomacy.  I think this could be accomplished with girlflags.  which is something i'm looking at for the "Invite her to your Private Quarters".  At the moment I'd like to set this up as a progression thru a date with choice boxes popping up along the way. like "have dinner now" or "have drinks first".

Once i have the date script done I can start fleshing out the quests dialog and such.  If anybody wants to write some dialog for the quests I'd be willing to see about inserting them into the scripts.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.  actual work is eating up more time this week but i'm going to keep plugging away at this.  The life of a Steel Inspector ain't easy. 8P

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
I quickly looked through your code, and noticed that there was a church line of quest, which I've never seen in game. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 01:19:59 PM »
Hmm...I'll look into the church line, but I'm pretty sure I have had it come up

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
I've added a new link for an updated script at the top of the topic.  I hope you all enjoy.

I have had the church line of quests come up and still get the bug that randomly stops the quests.  I'll keep looking into it.

Offline Bender

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
Looks cool, I'm trying it out now.