Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85640 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Sim Red Light Town(current title) Project Begins (Poll Added 2015-11-30)
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 01:57:02 AM »
So i'm done with shop, as many of you can see it comes closer to first release of tech demo, but the last thing that remain from interface is Log, so here my question what look should do have there is two options:
- First one a standard one option when log is a part of character info screen and shows all entries from character (It is actually implemented but needs a slight rework in job section)
- Second one view on log is the building log so we can see all activities in building. The plus is that we can see customer flow since we have all entries in one place, minus is with max amount of characters in building (20) we basically could have too much information.
So my question to you what log would you prefer?? Or maybe both of them??

Both options sound great! Some ideas just don't pop into your mind for whatever reason :D We got to implement option one to pytfall as well at some point.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 03:19:24 AM »
Both options sound great! Some ideas just don't pop into your mind for whatever reason :D We got to implement option one to pytfall as well at some point.
Thanks i decided to implement both options, and whilst i do that i saw that building log is large even with only two characters working on all four shift (so it's something like we have four characters working) and for some reason the adjusting height to text is not working in list item, so i even with small fonts with entry which takes more space can overflow to neighbor entries, especially if job trigger events which has large portion of text as well. Maybe i should experiment with different fonts for those entries.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 04:44:49 AM »
Well, cosmetics are impossible to give opinion on if you're the only one who can see them :) But both options is a great choice, it's a great option for players who like to focus on a few characters and there is no need to go through hundreds of reports to find info on them.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 05:31:23 AM »
Well, cosmetics are impossible to give opinion on if you're the only one who can see them :) But both options is a great choice, it's a great option for players who like to focus on a few characters and there is no need to go through hundreds of reports to find info on them.

Well I know the problem is with cosmetic i would like to hire a professional to create me a project of UI, as for current one i would remain as it is, and basically i have a working tech demo with few items and effects, and without any events. In most interface if it feel there is a large amount of empty screen (in Logs view and character info ) it was left for potential pictures of selected character (action in a case of logs). But first thing even with bug (I know one thing where i set <= instead <) the amount of job that characters gets are too much, not to mention it's really profitable so i think whilst the current implementation does not have an obedience check, since i decide that if they go work in this industry they know what can expect, but still i have an obedience stat, so what i need to think and hear any proposition is some check for obedience, if it make that before every job/ before only service job/or maybe leave as it is without any check/Any other idea?. Also might you ask why i didn't implement obedience check? It's simple when i saw that character was refusing to serve a client in barman job i decided to put on hold, also it made the thinks easier since i do not need to think about situation what client do when he is refused, either try again to ask (but here what happening if this is the only free character he ask her/him once again ?) or leave.

ps. You want to see tech demo now or wait until i created some basic data base for game.
ps2. I search for proposition for propositions of personalities for character, if you have something besides nymphomaniac which i had currently please post your proposition with short description if something is not clear (Like if i would have a Shy personality than it's clear how the character would behave, whilst tsundere is not clear how character would behave)
ps3. One thing in current plan i do not have include any way to gain new characters other than during events (and this is still in work since events are not completely created). But  what i though now i would include something akin a hire agency where we have ten characters, each one described with personality, template, Look, and stats (so we can't saw their skills, only we can assume that if she is nympho/whore she should have high sex skills), so you would want something like that in game or better to remain with gaining new characters through events/pregnancy?

Offline dullman

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 08:07:15 AM »
So when i was working on creating events for game i saw a big flaw in code, it's when the event fire with information that character should do other job than is set by player (I mean it's the situation when barman is asked out for fast service), as beginning settings i decided to allow service jobs to be done only by opposite genders, so we can not worry about that homosexual sex acts (and less art is needed :) ), but if we had run service job from event we can get homosexual pairings. So i need to first think how to resolve this.

ps. I decide to publish tech demo after populating jobs with at five event each, so the people can see what events are meant to be, even if it will be lacking with other content.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »
ps. You want to see tech demo now or wait until i created some basic data base for game.

My preference is to release after base, but that causes some friction with fans.

ps2. I search for proposition for propositions of personalities for character, ... whilst tsundere is not clear how character would behave)

I am not the right person to ask this cause we went with Japanese personality stereotypes in PyTFall :D

ps3. One thing in current plan i do not have include any way to gain new characters other than during events (and this is still in work since events are not completely created). But  what i though now i would include something akin a hire agency where we have ten characters, each one described with personality, template, Look, and stats (so we can't saw their skills, only we can assume that if she is nympho/whore she should have high sex skills), so you would want something like that in game or better to remain with gaining new characters through events/pregnancy?

I like open gameworld setting, so I would go with all of the above.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 10:05:31 AM »
I am not the right person to ask this cause we went with Japanese personality stereotypes in PyTFall :D
I know since i allowed to peek into git, but resigned after that i do now only about yandere and tsundere.

As for release and make a complete base it's painful to do that at least for me, i prefer to do more programming work (or some art) than being creative.
So i decide to showcase my code with first techdemo which includes five event for two basic jobs (cook, barman) so tell me what do you think about mechanic, also you could say how to improve interface since now it's something that i'm not satisfied. Also one think if character is able to do sexual jobs he will choose if the other party is opposite gender, what i wanted is to show you how the events will look like.

https://mega.nz/#!m4djzRob!69SxLtD0WCPt8ixe5oK9ch3iaA-BDUFN3eSchgPr4Js

ps. Check the streamingassets folder when they are json files.
ps2. don't save during working since i didn't disable buttons.
ps3. All crashes please report me if you are able .

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

So far it looks very generic, exactly what you'd expect from early design. I like the very good response times you pretty much expect from Unity, text are blurred at my end which is not pleasant but I assume you can fix. On day three the two starting chars happiness dropped and it's not clear why without Logs (reports).

It's a fair start, GUI is too impersonal at this stage to get a feel of personalities and/or other traits. I liked this more than the precious demo with the sprite, eagerly waiting to see where you take this.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »
So far it looks very generic, exactly what you'd expect from early design. I like the very good response times you pretty much expect from Unity, text are blurred at my end which is not pleasant but I assume you can fix. On day three the two starting chars happiness dropped and it's not clear why without Logs (reports).

It's a fair start, GUI is too impersonal at this stage to get a feel of personalities and/or other traits. I liked this more than the precious demo with the sprite, eagerly waiting to see where you take this.

As for blurred text, hmm i also get this on my monitor with small fonts (only in logs entry) but i thought it's something with my monitor, If this i try to change a font to some standard one like arial or times new roman, if you say it has also blurred font on other places than logs tell me.

As for happiness drop i suspect you have made them tired since if tiredness is > 50 the change of tiredness also affects hap the more tired the larger factor, but truthfully without any hint it might be confusing, I probably add to beginning event few sentence about variables, since if your happiness drop to large your character might become depressed, whilst in a case health if he drop <25% health he became fainted where he doesn't regen anything only waiting for player to use health recovery.
As for getting feel of personalities is hard to see since the only one i has is nympho and whilst character almost always choose sexual way in events, but truthfully here is more important that customer many times has the same gender as character which make character choose the non sexual choices.
But truthfully any comments regarding event fired during job, make them more common to fire (now it's 60%) or maybe something else like?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
As for blurred text, hmm i also get this on my monitor with small fonts (only in logs entry) but i thought it's something with my monitor, If this i try to change a font to some standard one like arial or times new roman, if you say it has also blurred font on other places than logs tell me.

Trying to read logs (on the first try), I got nothing at all, assuming it was not implemented yet. My guess is that I checked them out only after chars went into negative happiness, you may want to add report about why they're unhappy, maybe with a suggestion of what could be done about that.

For me, text is blurred everywhere, but logs (now I can access them during normal work) are barely readable, some of them are not even that (so impossible to read).

But truthfully any comments regarding event fired during job, make them more common to fire (now it's 60%) or maybe something else like?

Events such as? Do you mean extra texts added to Logs? Or something more?

It seems to break down pretty fast, I had them work for a while, than male (MC I assume) char didn't get any tiredness restored during rest so I've set him to rest in all 4 shifts, didn't work, I set the girl to rest 4 shifts as well, which worked for both but afterwards, setting them to any kind of activity did not provide any form of reports and/or actions. I just got -1000 Gold every turn and nothing else ever happened.

This is too fresh for gameplay, I also don't see any new ideas or features (yet). This is a good start, game feels very responsive and not bloated with data and stats (which I like).

Two things that you should take care of:

The weird thing unity does where it tries to connect to something (like some server or maybe a local loop, I didn't check)... turn that sh!t off. Both of my firewalls got triggered, it was the same with your other game (the once with the sprite). It's fine for the dev version, but when you release a demo that you'll expect a lot of people to try out, that got to go!

Add Shift Number to interface, not just time/date. It's very confusing, especially when trying to figure out what's going on. (if it's already there, I've missed it)

Otherwise, it's nice. Very early in the design so it's impossible to see what will set this iteration from similar games but it feels like a solid foundation to build whatever you have in mind on.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:57 PM »
Oh, and the game size? Zipped = 30Mb, unpacked = 190Mb? Do you store all graphics in binary or something? I can understand when that is done for 3D assets, but it's weird for a 2D game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:58 PM »
Trying to read logs (on the first try), I got nothing at all, assuming it was not implemented yet. My guess is that I checked them out only after chars went into negative happiness, you may want to add report about why they're unhappy, maybe with a suggestion of what could be done about that.

For me, text is blurred everywhere, but logs (now I can access them during normal work) are barely readable, some of them are not even that (so impossible to read).
Text blurred everywhere?? It certainly shouldn't be this a case, do you mind if i you can check if text is blurred with other font (arial), also the default res is 1280x960px so it might if it be blurred if it has lower res.

Events such as? Do you mean extra texts added to Logs? Or something more?

Yes it's extra text in logs at least it what is visible for player (with higher/lower pay) the rest is hidden by changing the amount of lose tiredness and other variables, also one event which gain you a skill if character choose.

It seems to break down pretty fast, I had them work for a while, than male (MC I assume) char didn't get any tiredness restored during rest so I've set him to rest in all 4 shifts, didn't work, I set the girl to rest 4 shifts as well, which worked for both but afterwards, setting them to any kind of activity did not provide any form of reports and/or actions. I just got -1000 Gold every turn and nothing else ever happened.

This is too fresh for gameplay, I also don't see any new ideas or features (yet). This is a good start, game feels very responsive and not bloated with data and stats (which I like).
[/font]

You gained injured state which row should display in red  (at least before you select them). As i mentioned i should add some pretty explanation about that. And injured state means you gain no natural regeneration at all, which is curable by potion. I think i just add at the beginning of turn information in log that he should take care of himself.

Two things that you should take care of:

The weird thing unity does where it tries to connect to something (like some server or maybe a local loop, I didn't check)... turn that sh!t off. Both of my firewalls got triggered, it was the same with your other game (the once with the sprite). It's fine for the dev version, but when you release a demo that you'll expect a lot of people to try out, that got to go!

Add Shift Number to interface, not just time/date. It's very confusing, especially when trying to figure out what's going on. (if it's already there, I've missed it)

Otherwise, it's nice. Very early in the design so it's impossible to see what will set this iteration from similar games but it feels like a solid foundation to build whatever you have in mind on.
As for firewall I must ask sometimes it also trigger for me but what the problem lies here i do not know i need to to research it deeply.
About shift number no there isn't but since Next turn button goes through all shifts i assumed that it shouldn't be needed since most time it would display first shift, or would you prefer if button next turn would take you next shift??

Oh, and the game size? Zipped = 30Mb, unpacked = 190Mb? Do you store all graphics in binary or something? I can understand when that is done for 3D assets, but it's weird for a 2D game.
It's Unity shit, I do believe my Asset folder takes 30mb, rest i do not even know what is it (But probably unity logo etc.), I do not know if with free version i can cut it off (probably not since i can't disable made with unity)

Offline dullman

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »
Here link to version with changed fonts check if it's blur you also.

https://mega.nz/#!34NWVLhI[/size]!s-ZdrdmKWFTAluQgFVBgC9zKehSNCWN4hS9A6uzjA98[/color]

ps. I want to correct myself those pdb files besides exe file are not needed for game and they take around 150-160mb.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
Same thing with the other font, game runs in full screen mode. My monitor res is 1920x1080. It's like the text is not fully opaque or poorly antialiased.

I assumed that because the time changed, next turn meant next shift. If it doesn't, it'll all good.

Events occur at acceptable rate.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dullman

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
Same thing with the other font, game runs in full screen mode. My monitor res is 1920x1080. It's like the text is not fully opaque or poorly antialiased.

I assumed that because the time changed, next turn meant next shift. If it doesn't, it'll all good.

Events occur at acceptable rate.
I see for somewhat reason build settings wasn't updated properly and def res was 1100x537px which is the same as unity editor window, now i changed to run in windowed mode so check if this work
https://mega.nz/#!68UwhYjb!e5CiYBrkNo1H8UrpK_5H76lmBOoi3oau8E2XmniBx4M