Poll

Which tile size better to use

64px
3 (75%)
128px
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 10, 2015, 07:15:38 AM

Author Topic: Sim Red Light Town RT (should be stable build)  (Read 85656 times)

Offline dullman

Re: Sim Red Light Town(current title) Project Begins (Poll Added 2015-11-30)
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2017, 03:46:20 AM »
It must be something changed from your last to current version. It also seems not systematic, since i could run it at a second time (i can't remember how it went with previous versions, it might be something related to a first run).
The thing i mentioned with the "next" button still seems to be there in current version, it stopped working after one day. Had 3 chars in alternating shifts running.

Thanks for report, as always could you include output files since for the next button i happened to see similar bug but i fixed it, so probably something new (or old but never was catch by me).

Offline grishnak

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2017, 04:12:52 AM »
With the next button it is not crashing, so there is no report generated. I can still do other things like hiring, buying and view char screens, i just can't seem to get time moving again. Maybe i try later with different job combinations, might be a trigger there.

Offline dullman

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »
With the next button it is not crashing, so there is no report generated. I can still do other things like hiring, buying and view char screens, i just can't seem to get time moving again. Maybe i try later with different job combinations, might be a trigger there.

Wait it did not create output_log file?? I mean for me it's create everytime i run a game, since even with no output to console unity should create one filled with information, i check if this is normal behavior of unity, and post here what i get.

Offline dullman

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2017, 04:29:11 AM »

Wait it did not create output_log file?? I mean for me it's create everytime i run a game, since even with no output to console unity should create one filled with information, i check if this is normal behavior of unity, and post here what i get.

I checked and by default unity should create output_log file either in game folder or in c:\Users\UserName\AppData[/size]\LocalLow\DefaultCompany[/size]\Sim Red Light Town RT if program runs with low priority so check if there is here any log file ?? (Eventually try to run as admistrator maybe unity can't create output file since you do not allow to create it.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2017, 06:00:00 AM »
Yes, i found it under the game dir.

Offline dullman

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »
Yes, i found it under the game dir.
Thanks found the error which was in singer job code, so big thanks to you as you playtest this build for reward check this version it has already added two new animation, so in this case we have a complete animation for whore and glory hole jobs, although since it's not official release this still is unbalanced so pretty fast i think characters loose happiness and gain tiredness.

https://mega.nz/#!uoNRwDLJ!o8vG00_SjBkK7-qdcxilmMxzR44pL14kNrN7MZgiaU0

Also as the ciritics, truthfully better UI which is in atmosphere of game is one of my targets, but it would never happen if I don't find any help to do this, since the current one is the best i could manage with my imaginations.
Background - are you feel like getting a background is need for this game?? I also thought about that but decide that it might hinder visibility of elements, but as you think that I need background i will search an internet for good background image (I would want something like medieval town city made into oil paintinng).
Buildings ? I do not quite understand what you mean by that, if you mean you don't like this ugly red square with building name on it I agree, one of my targets is to make icons (something about the size of this red square) of each building type (maybe even more).
Maps - Since my buildings are not extensible in infinity (they have 20 characters max), so I made it so we can have many different buildings so static map is not and options
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:02:32 AM by dullman »

Offline dullman

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2017, 04:07:56 AM »
One new thing I want to ask about feedback i added to code simple auto use of items (only for recovering health/happiness/tiredness) but what i do is pop-up window every time the character use or try to use item (which if we have many girls can lead to annoying things) so i thought about similar resolve as we had with pension, we pay for healing/recovery magic every time there is need and no information will be displayed, of course the pay will be higher if we heal higher level character, so i ask which way would you prefer to be included in game?

Offline grishnak

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2017, 08:17:39 AM »
Maybe you can create rules for that for each personnel. Like an options menu where the player clicks/tags the default behaviour:
- auto use
- ask each time
- never use
- conditional use (like when below x and below y etc.)

A bit like firewall rules, where each char is handled as a "program" :)

Offline dullman

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »
Maybe you can create rules for that for each personnel. Like an options menu where the player clicks/tags the default behaviour:
- auto use
- ask each time
- never use
- conditional use (like when below x and below y etc.)

A bit like firewall rules, where each char is handled as a "program" :)
Yes you talk about auto use items, whilst ask each time is undoable with unity since there is no Message Box which would stopped program from working and wait for input, so there is auto use and never use. As for conditional use I see what you want to have but truthfully since mine code for autouse only search for single effect and gets the cheapest potion to use, so it would be possible to use not the most fitting potion, if we want rules we should define them with target potion, whilst if we do not add custom made items it would be fine, but will bloat our saves, or there is other define a rules class, set some rules in json and just select the rule in combobox. But the problem lies somewhere else, micromanaging for every girl we would need buy them a set of potion and re-buy them every time they run from that, which for single buildings isn't problem but with 100+ girls would be pain in ass (or there is a possibilty of buying from shop, but in this there is a problem with lack of supplies, since i decide to set shop to sell only finite amount of items every turn, similar to WM).
So I though about another approach since most time we have so much money that we do not have something to do with them I thought that would be great idea to spend them more and i reward we can use characters more, so I also implement some simple mechanism similar to pension (but in one aspect different while pension is payed always when checkbox is checked, here Auto Heal and Auto Recover is cast by qualified mage every turn (this is the background for those option) the health is not full or tiredness > 0)), where on the beginning of turn it's been casted and recover small amount of health or decrease tiredness.
The result are better than i thought with MC has been working on two shifts for more than month before I needed give him a rest and additional i earn more than spend (But only small amount), so if we add pension for non-player characters it should give income at level near zero which on higher level the cost of this will increase, until it will be cheaper to use items (As for result for MC sister she needed twice times potion to help her with fainted state).

So currently I would keep those mechanics similar to pension, and I think in future I would implement a better algorithm to use items with rules which we define either in Lua or Json, depends how simple structure i could get with using only json. Also I would probably give the shop option to keep infinite amount of potions and buy 10 button also buy for every character in posesion (which i mean buy a single item for every character we own, so we do not need to manually give potions for them) but it would not be in near release, since I need to think more about not only algorithm but also changes for shop.

Offline dullman

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »
So I'm near releasing since only what to remain is to make sprites for clothes for four unique girls (for good thing that they wear the same school uniform and only differs in undershirts) from old good anime/ln named kampfer, after all they with Maya kumashiro (from anime occult academy) will be added to faith shops, which basically work as premium characters shops with being paid by faith which we gain by earning achievements with characters, each new character can be bought by last time price + 10 faith points.

So my question is simple since current built allow to play quite long (dev build not last published) so what characters would you like to see in game?

Offline dullman

« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
So even if I said I wanted to release game with five unique characters, I decided to release with only two, the other gets items almost done and are imported to game, so you can mod them to show in game, but what i need is to feedback about mechanics i Implemented if this feel good/bad or any other comment.

SINCE IT's SHOULD BE STABLE BUILD SO DON"T BE SHY AND DOWNLOAD IT.

https://mega.nz/#!mgM2wQxb!U0KPSpe5CGZjVOIw4JQRSbnd4eb--770O4HpbPwQQRQ