Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 111691 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
It seems to take longer to get a large customer base now.  Certainly not a complaint, as improving the difficulty and balance is as important as new features.

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »
Got this message on a night summery for Cecilia.
"...The customer couldn't pay and your girl turned them over to your men.  She got paid 2477 gold, and took 1486 gold coins."
I had let the customer go when he was caught.

On a side note, I notice that at least once a night someone is trying to rape her, which is weird since she works in the brothel and there are guards.

using v1.29.4.5

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2009, 01:13:44 PM »
It's not so much Auto Buy is ignored as that the Auto-buy for all three are on the same system-which just changed to 'every four turns'(I.e. monthly).
That's possible. I changed the mechanism so that instead of magically replenishing in mid combat, potions don't get restocked until turns end. So it could be just that. That said .... I didn't touch the other two autobuy options. booze, anti-preg and nets should all restock on the fly as before.

I'll have to take another look at it, I guess.

...I swear it's gotten harder to run 'Good' games.  I can't explain it.  Where before I would break even fairly quickly(Though profits were small but usually consistant), now I'm taking losses almost constantly, and far greater to boot.  Nothing's changed in costings.

Well, one of my next tasks is going to be the financial reports I mentioned earlier. If I can get those on the go, we'll all be able to go through the minutiae of what we bought and sold and otherwise transacted, and see where the figures don't add up. There are going to be gold bugs for a while yet, I suspect. I just want to get the major stuff out of the way.

Got this message on a night summery for Cecilia.
"...The customer couldn't pay and your girl turned them over to your men.  She got paid 2477 gold, and took 1486 gold coins."
I had let the customer go when he was caught.

That doesn't sound right.

On a side note, I notice that at least once a night someone is trying to rape her, which is weird since she works in the brothel and there are guards.

I think I've been seeing "beaten and raped" messages for girls in brothels since before I started coding on this game. I guess I pretty much assumed that it was by design. I agree that the guards don't always seem as effective as you'd expect.

One idea I'm toying with would be to let you have guard barracks attached to the brothels. You'd have a dedicated force of defenders of the brothel, freeing up one of the slots so you could hire another gang. The advantage would be better guard coverage and better defence. The downside would be that goons in cushy postings would slowly lose their combat edge, and that the girls would tend to get tired faster...

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
I think I've been seeing "beaten and raped" messages for girls in brothels since before I started coding on this game. I guess I pretty much assumed that it was by design. I agree that the guards don't always seem as effective as you'd expect.

I agree the beaten and raped and attempted rape has been in the game for a long time, but it just seems to be happening a lot more now.  In one night the guards stopped two rape attempts on a single girl while two other girls in the brothel did get raped.  Would putting more gangs on guard duty help this or do my current guards bad at their job? 

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »
I don't think multiple gangs on guard duty help at the moment. I know they didn't make any difference on spy duty. It is something I want to look at.

Of course, it's also possible that my recent fiddling has borked something somewhere.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
It does not help and it is not your fault Doc, It has been that way for a while.  The reason girls are beaten is because there is always a chance for it to happen.

Offline sgb

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
1.29.4.5:
-The issue with daughters being generated with abnormally low stats has not been resolved.  MILF is being applied to the mothers again though.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
It does not help and it is not your fault Doc, It has been that way for a while.  The reason girls are beaten is because there is always a chance for it to happen.

There should be some way for that chance to be negated, though. I tend to have 3+ gangs all with level 4 weapons and 100% in all three stats guarding a single brothel with ten girls and I still get girls being beaten every day even though they essentially have 4 gang members per girl.

Offline sgb

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »
I tend to agree with Alugere.  Even with 2-3 maxed gangs guarding, there are still a LOT of attacks on the girls.  You would think, after a few customers got 'made example of' while numerous armed guards stand around the building, this could more or less be eliminated.  I might as well have those gangs doing something else if more than one guard has little benefit.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »

Customers imprisoned for non-payment still cannot be branded and sold into slavery, though they can be tortured now.

EDIT - no, wait, you could always torture them; you couldn't starve them. And you still can't. So, nothing's changed. I reported this already. Pay me no heed, I'm a dork.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:49:36 PM by dcb42 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
Looking at the raped by customer code: I notice that if your disposition is really low then you don't get this happening. Presumably people don't mess with you if you're a serious bad-ass. I wonder: do we really want being evil to be the only way to get a hardcore rep?

Anyone like the notion of having a "reputation" stat? It would mean that good guys could still have a rep for being hard as nails, and that you could have a heart as black as sin, and still be regarded as a wuss on the streets.

Just an idle thought

[edit]

What I'm going to do is
  • Make the odds on stopping a rape depend on the number of goons you have guarding. That means that one squad of 15 is better than 2 squads of 6, but 2 full strength squads are better than one
  • The odds go up with the gang's intelligence. a gang with 50 INT is going to be about half again as effective as they are currently. 100 INT is double that. 0 INT would be useless.
  • The gangs' effectiveness goes down with the number of brothels. So with six brothels, you're going to need more than one gang if you want to have any real impact.
  • Gang's effectiveness is reduced at night-time.
  • With well trained gangs, it's going to be possible to keep all your girls safe, even with 6 brothels on the go. But it's going to need some investment of resources. And of course, gang warfare is going to play hell with your coverage.
  • Lastly, an evil disposition isn't an automatic free card, but it does have % chance of scaring off would be rapists.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:14:24 AM by DocClox »

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2009, 12:11:12 AM »
I don't know if this is a "bug" or intended, and I apologize if I missed previous discussion regarding this, but I haven't had a custom girl be found as a virgin in 2-3 patches.  Random girls continue to sometimes be virgins.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
Interesting. I'd have expected virginity to be specified in the .girlsx, but according to that, none of them are. And not in the .girls files either, which means it never was.

I'll add it to the list :)

Offline kalador

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2009, 01:07:30 AM »
Auto Buy on the Booze still isn't working for me.  I bought fifty and checked Auto Buy.  Using one to two per week, and let it get down to thirty after several weeks, and it still didn't automatically restock.

Brothel Names
When I purchase the third brothel and name it, the name of the second brothel changes to the new name, and the new brothel winds up with no name.  I haven't yet gotten to the point of purchasing a fourth brothel as of yet.

Neither of these are game breaking, they are just minor issues that I have noticed.

Having multiple gangs on guard doesn't seem to work.  The first one always catches whatever happens, and the others always just say that they are guarding.  Guess that I'll have to stop being a nice guy. >:(

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
Auto Buy on the Booze still isn't working for me.  I bought fifty and checked Auto Buy.  Using one to two per week, and let it get down to thirty after several weeks, and it still didn't automatically restock.

Brothel Names
When I purchase the third brothel and name it, the name of the second brothel changes to the new name, and the new brothel winds up with no name.  I haven't yet gotten to the point of purchasing a fourth brothel as of yet.

Neither of these are game breaking, they are just minor issues that I have noticed.

Having multiple gangs on guard doesn't seem to work.  The first one always catches whatever happens, and the others always just say that they are guarding.  Guess that I'll have to stop being a nice guy. >:(

Thanks for that. I've not looked at auto-buy yet - guess I should prioritise that. Multiple gangs don't help for rape cases, but a fix is in the pipeline - see edit about 4 messages earlier. The brothel name thing is weird and needs looking at.