devolution

Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 111743 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »
Interesting. I'd have expected virginity to be specified in the .girlsx, but according to that, none of them are. And not in the .girls files either, which means it never was.

Virginity was spontaneously generated before, and it has been gone in unique girls since the XML conversion, IIRC, so the new system isn't handling virginity at all.  It should be trivial enough to add to the .girlsx format, with perhaps a legacy function to handle girls that don't have the virgin flag set to yes or no.

Auto Buy on the Booze still isn't working for me.  I bought fifty and checked Auto Buy.  Using one to two per week, and let it get down to thirty after several weeks, and it still didn't automatically restock.

Brothel Names
When I purchase the third brothel and name it, the name of the second brothel changes to the new name, and the new brothel winds up with no name.  I haven't yet gotten to the point of purchasing a fourth brothel as of yet.

Neither of these are game breaking, they are just minor issues that I have noticed.

Having multiple gangs on guard doesn't seem to work.  The first one always catches whatever happens, and the others always just say that they are guarding.  Guess that I'll have to stop being a nice guy. >:(

As I recall, the autobuy function only kicked in when your inventory was depleted, so with 30 kegs left, the autobuy shouldn't have purchased anything.  The brothel names are definitely a bug, though.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »
Well, I don't mind fixing the virginity issue, but I wonder if specifying it in the girlsx file isn't a better way to go. Give the modders some control.

We could even make it a % so 0 would mean "definitely not a virgin"; 100 would mean definitely a virgin, and values in between would give her a chance of having lost it if the modder thinks it should be random.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2009, 02:26:56 AM »
Maybe.  I think the percentage chance used to be based on age, though i could be wrong.  It also had weird effects like getting virgin MILF's, which is a bit too biblical for my taste.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
Yeah, that shouldn't happen. Although I wouldn't object if it was by design.

[edit]

Anyone else think that some things shouldn't be possible for streetwalkers. Tentacle beasts, for instance. Or BDSM.

[edit]

I'm adding the base chance of a girl getting raped in the brothel and on the street to the config file. Currently this is just to make my testing easier. Anyone want it left in when I'm done?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:34:22 AM by DocClox »

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2009, 03:56:50 AM »
Yes, please do keep them in.  The more options, the better.  I used to have a whole brothel devoted to random girls working on the street hoping to see if I get a notice when one of them gets really injured.  I haven't had a girl lose an eye or gain horrific scars in a long time, so I don't even know if it's still possible. 

Here's a hopefully easy bug: If I find a girl on the street and get her to work for me, her house take is defaulting to zero.  That's cool, but the amount she makes per customer is a very very large hex number.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2009, 04:02:41 AM »
OK, new release in the pipeline with some seriously improved handling for work related violence. I'll leave the rape options in for now, at least.

[edit]

Done that. releases in the usual places. I'm going to get some breakfast!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:25:50 AM by DocClox »

Offline kalador

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2009, 04:26:45 AM »
Please do keep that rape/attack chance in the config file.

Still having that problem with the booze.  Bought ten kegs, set to Auto Buy, and got the message that I ran out of booze.  I had to do it manually, since it didn't restock after running out.  Like I said, this is no big deal since I almost always check the stock every week.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2009, 05:19:26 AM »
OK. Auto-buy for the beer should be in the next release :)

And the release after that, in all probability there won't be any beer, since we'll be launching the first test release of 1.30

Offline Zuul

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
Anyone else think that some things shouldn't be possible for streetwalkers. Tentacle beasts, for instance. Or BDSM.
I disagree with tentacles, there rather should be a higher chanche for them outside, because I still can hardly imagine a tentacle walking into my brothel and pay me for fucking some girls.
BDSM on the other hand should'nt be possible, or rather be very rare (the customer could have a ropen and a gag with him, so it would still be BDSM. Or you could just tie your girls to a wall in an alley with a sign on her neck.)
Just to not make this a plain feature suggestion: The gangs still have Daily costs. Intended, or do I really pay the sevenfold of the displayed amount per week?

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2009, 06:31:03 AM »
Well here is a weird bug. I got this when getting a new objective.
"You have a new objective, you must Have -2 gangs in 17 weeks."
I already had seven gangs.
When I went to the next week, it said I completed the objective and got some gold.

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2009, 07:31:17 AM »
Still getting the weird payment, this time with Kooh.
"She got paid 820012FA6C gold and you took nothing as the house percentage is set to 0%" (forgot to set the house percentage)
Got the same message for everyone she was with that night.

edit - Got this with Astaroth as well. She had a house percent set to 0%.

PS
Like the new system for guards. Could matrons also have a small effect on preventing rape, like being a lookout or something.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:40:06 AM by MBSCOUT »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2009, 07:45:25 AM »
I disagree with tentacles, there rather should be a higher chanche for them outside, because I still can hardly imagine a tentacle walking into my brothel and pay me for fucking some girls.

I've always assumed that there's a monster pen somwhere in the brothel, and a tentacle wrangler to keep things from getting out of hand. It's not the beast that's the customer, remember, it's a human being paying to see a girl get done by a monster. It's like in the real world, where there are probably brothels where girls get done by dogs, but you won't see a Doberman walking into the house and saying "I'd like a little pussy, please".

BDSM on the other hand should'nt be possible, or rather be very rare (the customer could have a ropen and a gag with him, so it would still be BDSM. Or you could just tie your girls to a wall in an alley with a sign on her neck.)

I am SO tempted to implement that :D

Just to not make this a plain feature suggestion: The gangs still have Daily costs. Intended, or do I really pay the sevenfold of the displayed amount per week?

It's per turn. The caption is a hold over from the time of 1 day/turn that's somehow escaped noticed until now.

Still getting the weird payment, this time with Kooh.
"She got paid 820012FA6C gold and you took nothing as the house percentage is set to 0%" (forgot to set the house percentage)

It's really weird: I can't see anything that would cause that. I'm just printing out an int value without any special formatting, so how it gets into hex ... I can only think there's memory corruption happening somewhere.

Like the new system for guards. Could matrons also have a small effect on preventing rape, like being a lookout or something.

That seems sensible enough. I'll do that when I get a chance.

Offline sgb

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
New options are great.  The more that can be controlled by the player, the better.

1.29.4.6 also fixed daughter stats.  They still aren't getting the Your Daughter trait if they're your daughter, but level, happiness and constitution and looks values look reasonable now.

I tend to agree there.  I wouldn't expect streetwalkers to perform extreme fetishes.  Pretty much just straight sex and anal.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:44:13 PM by sgb »

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »
I don't see why the streetwalkers can't do the same stuff as regular girls.  Keep in mind that they are not *actually* having sex out in the streets - they just pick up customers out there.  Since they take up space in the brothel, I assume they bring their customers back for some action rather than taking them somewhere else.  There should really only be two differences between brothel and street jobs: 1) girls are at risk while streetwalking and 2) they pull customers from different pools (I don't know if 2 is implemented or not, but if it isn't, it should be).

Offline sgb

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »
Of course; I see it as more of an mindset thing though.  Someone who would approach a hooker on the street is probably just looking for the basics.  True, they MIGHT be looking for something kinky.  Generally speaking though, someone who wanted to see someone get fucked by an animal or tentacle beast is more likely to want to discuss that more in private with brothel management.

Really though, any change with this should just be left the player.  If you want to turn off tentacle beast sex, then that should be left to the player.