Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 111739 times)

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
Stats should have only one space between them. It's called space delimiting. There are also other types of delimited data, another popular type is comma delimiting where we have ',' or ';' between values. Editor expects that data follows this rule, that's why this happens and why there's no errors. It reads that whole line and uses spaces to know how to read these values. If there's two spaces it "thinks" that "value" between them is what it's after, although there's nothing there.

For me biggest question would be how did those two spaces get there in the first place.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:57:30 PM by WonderDog »

Offline Rose

« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
Not sure sure if this is a bug or some change I don't know about, but ever since a few versions back (1.29.4.4, I think, but I'm not sure) my suspicion level keep getting worse and worse even though I'm dumping thousands of gold as bribes every day...

Edit: After some testing, I can say with relative certainty that bribes have absolutely no effect on suspicion whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:13:19 PM by Rose »
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline sgb

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:46 PM »
Noticed the suspicion thing as well.  It seems to slowly drop even if you don't do anything 'bad' with your gangs, and bribes don't seem to be doing anything at all at the moment.

Offline Command

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
Can't seem to get anyone pregnant.

Offline highx9

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
yeah, same for me, nor even the incest tag

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »
Command, check your config.xml file for the pregnancy settings.  If the %'s are 0, then girls will not get pregnant by that means.

highx9, the Incest trait is only applied when the player has a daughter with one of his daughters, but since the game isn't tracking the player's daughters properly, you won't ever see the incest trait appear.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline betatester

« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2010, 03:50:58 AM »
I think I have found a walk around (or perhaps the source of a bug) for the equipment problem.
We all know that we have a problem with equipment stackability
But if your girl has a hair comb (i havn't tested with other misc items...), if you take it back then give her again you can stack items that were previously unstackable

Offline jarto

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
For some reason, I cannot find any random girl with looks over 30% It sucks when I get monster girls and they all have 5% looks.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
Looking over the random girl templates, most of the randoms should start with looks higher than 30% on average.  I wonder if it is starting with the minimums instead of generating random values, as I noticed several monster girls that have a minimum of 8% looks.  If I find the time, I'll run a test to see what I can discover.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »
I think this is due to the broken random xml girls generation.  The game will start out fine but normally within a few turns or save / loads the random girls stats & skills will be borked including health sometimes.  If you check the Save some of the girls can have stating skills well over 100 but often about 0 - 30.

Easy way to to tell is to load and check slave market till randoms have xp above zero.

If you remove rgirlsx files (new format) and replace with rgirls (old format) errors never occur.

Also while speaking of random girls are you aware that the traits bonus & penalties for Stats and Skills are not being applied to Random Girls during generation in both the old format and new format.  They do work for custom girls thou.  This is why custom girls can be so better than randoms even if the template is similar.

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2010, 03:12:49 AM »
Guys,Some of you might remember me from the hongfire forum,Recently started playing this again and I'd though i join this forum(A rarity since i hate joining sites) since there has been no replies at the hongfire thread.
Got some bugs to report on the latest version.
1: I read that the girl minimum age limit had been set to 17, got one who's age was 11  ???
2: The prohibit certain types of sex options don't work, I prohibited lesbian,bestiality and they still did it anyway.
3: I seemed to get 2 free items a during different weeks,they appeared all a sudden, 1 was the necklace of control the other the stone of happiness.

I also think it would be very useful if girl tiredness would be added to the girl management screen,yes it's in girl info but switching one girl at a time is a slow process.
Adding the girl tirdness to the management screen would allow players to see who is tired and who is not quicker,having added that last thing it would be nice if you could ctrl click girls in the list and set a particular group of girl's jobs like that.

that's all i can thin of for now...well heists give almost no money anymore but i guess you can tweak that with the config xml.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:16:34 AM by 11Z11 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2010, 06:13:32 AM »
Guys,Some of you might remember me from the hongfire forum,Recently started playing this again and I'd though i join this forum(A rarity since i hate joining sites) since there has been no replies at the hongfire thread.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry I missed you on HF; I've been checking HF every 2-3 days lately, so I probably just missed it.

1: I read that the girl minimum age limit had been set to 17, got one who's age was 11  ???
2: The prohibit certain types of sex options don't work, I prohibited lesbian,bestiality and they still did it anyway.
3: I seemed to get 2 free items a during different weeks,they appeared all a sudden, 1 was the necklace of control the other the stone of happiness.

What's your release level? I'm fairly sure I fixed the age bug. The free items may be the result of a catacomb raid or an objective being met. Or they may be due to a bug. The prohibition boxes are known to be buggy.

Bug fixing however is on haitus temporarily while we get 1.30 coded up which has some big changes to how jobs and buildings are handled.

I also think it would be very useful if girl tiredness would be added to the girl management screen,yes it's in girl info but switching one girl at a time is a slow process.

We looked at doing that. The change seems to have vanished from my current development snapshot, so I may need to look at it again. What I plan to do is to create a proper table widget with sortable columns, which will give us a lot more room to add information, and let the player group them as he will. Something else that's waiting on 1.30.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
Kooh has her age set at 11, but her age is changed to 17 after some kind of age checking event.

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
Actually i meant that no one had posted in the HF thread for awhile so rather than resurrect it i joined here.
1.29.4.6 is the version i have...got the ready to go archive. 
Maybe it was that girl Kooh as it happened only 1 time,but I never observed wither the girl's age was corrected or as i freed then fired her(no lolis)

Be looking forward to next version....and wonder just what of that huge too add features list, makes it in next.