devolution

Author Topic: How to update  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Helba

How to update
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »
Downloaded this awile back as a batch along with some mods (Crazy and PP's mod ver .05f) how exactly do i update to current version do i extract to save folderand overwright i download the current version and will all the girls be automaticly added i silly question but cant find any info on it

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: How to update
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Downloaded this awile back as a batch along with some mods (Crazy and PP's mod ver .05f) how exactly do i update to current version do i extract to save folderand overwright i download the current version and will all the girls be automaticly added i silly question but cant find any info on it
1. Download the current version from here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.msg27861#msg27861
   a. there are 2 download servers, Fileswap.com and Mega.co.nz, they are both free sites, if one does not work for you, try the other.

2. Extract the zip into its own folder.
   a. If you extract the zip into the old folder, it may have conflicts with the different versions.
   b. Try running the game directly from the unzipped folder to make sure it works for you.
   c. If it does not work directly from the unzipped folder with no changes, then the problem is with your computer.

3. Move the contents of the (old version)/Resources/Characters/*.* to (new version)/Resources/Characters/*.*
   a. The .(r)girlsx files contains the info for the girls and the folder that matches the name is used for that girl.
   b. If the game crashes after you move the Characters folder, then there is a broken or corrupt (r)girlsx file.
   c. To find the bad (r)girlsx file you can try moving some of the files back to the old folder and test each time
   d. To fix the (r)girlsx file, load it into the Whore Master Editor (WME) from (new version)/Docs&Tools/Character & Item Editor/WMEdit.8.??.exe

4. If you have a custom interface, copy (old version)/Resources/Interface/(your interface)/*.* to (new version)/Resources/Interface/(your interface)/*.*
   a. There have been several changes to the interface items so you may need to edit the files to match the files in the J_1024x768 interface

5. If you have custom Items, move them from (version .05h or older)/Resources/Data/*.itemsx or (version .05i or newer)/Resources/Items/*.itemsx to (new version)/Resources/Items/*.itemsx
   a. In .05i and newer, all itemsx files are one item name per file, so if you have .itemsx files from older versions, you may have to edit them to remove extra duplicate items
   b. config.xml has been moved from (old version)/Resources/Data/config.xml to (new version)/config.xml and it takes over the ScreenMode.txt file
   b.1. you can edit the config.xml in WME

6. copy the saves from  (old version)/saves/*.gam to (new version)/saves/*.gam
   a. when .06 is released, save games from older versions may no longer work and you will have to start a new game for that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:24:57 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug