devolution

Author Topic: Chat interaction documentation (partial)  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

Chat interaction documentation (partial)
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:49 AM »
This is just a start, I'll leave it to someone else to finish it though maybe. My eyes are tired. It's not guaranteed to be accurate today, mistakes happen, and with time it'll certainly become out of date, but it's an effort and it's a start. Or some shit like that.

I figure there are two uses for this. First people keep talking about documentation, this could work as the start of something there maybe. Second use would be for those who are developing or thinking about the game to have it all organized in one place so there aren't so many things to consider every time you want to make a change. I know I always forget an angle if I don't try to keep it simple and organized.

If you want to modify it go right ahead, it'll become dated with time anyway and need it. If you want to print it out and use it for toilet paper go right ahead there too. I'll probably have a couple of comments on the game and or script but I'll leave that for later and in another post. And yes, this was a pain in the ass, as I said my eyes are tired ;)

Interactions (Chat and sex) outside of dungeon

Reward
    Spending Money               - 50 to 100 Gold  +2 Happiness, +1 PCLove, -1 PCHate
Chat
    Casual Conversation        +2 Happiness, -1 PCFear, -1 PCHate, +1 PCLove
    Discuss Her                       Jack shit
    Talk About about you        Mostly Jack shit, except reactions and choices maybe for extreme PCHate. Mostly bad.
        If PCHate >= 95           +2 PCHate and -3 Health off the top before anything else (she attacks you)

On negative choices (all but "Nothing")
                                Player Disposition (your public reputation) – 40
        Choices
                    Teach Lesson (Rape)
                                If Libido 75>                +30 Happiness
                                Else                              (-50 Happiness, +30 PCFear)
                            Teach Manners (Gang Bang)
                                If Trait Nymphomaniac  (+5 Libido, +2 Happiness, +10 Tiredness)
                                Else                              (-30 Happiness, +5 PCFear, +20 Tiredness)
                            Beat her (duh)
                                Skill check BDSM           (-10 Health, +2 Happiness, +2 Tiredness, +5 Obedience)
                                Else                              (-60 Happiness, +30 Tiredness, -40 Health, +30 PCFear)
                            Beast Pit (duh*2)
                                No skill checks.             (-20 Happiness +20 Tiredness +10 PCFear)
                            Nothing
                                Nothing, kind of. You get a (if not Disobey) check when sending her to her room, “have nude” if pass. Other than that nothing.

Visit Her Bedroom
    Have Sex
        Pass skill check (NormalSex)    +1 Happiness, +1 NormalSex, +3 Experience
        Else                 Nothing
    Sex with another girl
        Pass Skill check (Lesbian)        +2 Happiness, +1 Libido
        Else                Nothing
    Sex with a beast
        Pass Skill check (Beastiality)     +1 Happiness, +1 Bestiality
        Else                                           -5 Health, +10 Tiredness, -50 to 75 gold (injure an animal cost)
    Bondage session
        Pass Skill check (BDSM)             +2 Happiness, +2 Libido, +1 Tiredness
        Else                                           -1 Happiness, -5 Libido, -5 Health
    Blowjob
        Blowjob
            Pass Skill check (Service)       +2 Happiness, +3 Service
            Else                                       -2 Happiness, +3 Tiredness
        Deepthroat
            Pass Skill check (BDSM)         +3 Happiness, +2 Service
            Else                                       -2 Happiness, +3 Tiredness
        TittySex
            (Abnormally Large Boobs)     +5 Libido, +3 Service
            (Large Boobs)                       +4 Libido, +3 Service
            (Small Boobs)                        +2 Libido, +3 Service
            Else (no skill check?)             +3 Libido, +3 Service
    Anal sex
        Pass Skill check (Anal)               +2 Happiness, +2 Libido, +2 Tiredness
        Else                                           -5 Happiness, -5 Libido, +5 Tiredness
    Masturbate                                    Nothing. No checks, no effects, no nothing. LOTS of dialog though (:
    Gang Bang
        Has trait “Nymphomaniac”        +5 Libido, +2 Happiness,  +10 Tiredness
        Skill check (Group)                    +5 Libido, +2 Happiness,  +5 Tiredness
        Else                                           -3 Libido, -2 Happiness, +4 Tiredness
    Stripper Pole
        If has trait “Slow Learner”        She misunderstands “work the pole” and you get a blowjob. Funny but hard to get past with the trait, she'll do it every time
        Else Pass Skill check (Strip)       +2 Happiness, +5 Libido, +2 Tiredness
        Else                                           +1 Happiness, +8 Tiredness

Training
    For all
        Tiredness >= 75                       “She is too tired for training today”
        Health <= 40                            “she is not healthy enough for training today”
    Magic Lessons
        Skill check (Magic)                     -500 Gold, +7 Magic, +5 Confidence, +2 Happiness
        Else                                          -500 Gold, +4 Magic
    Acrobats for Agility
        Skill check (Agility)                    -250 Gold, +8 Agility, +3 Happiness
        Else                                          -250 Gold, +4 Agility, +30 Libido, + random 20 to 90 Gold (No underwear, better tips but didn't learn much)
    Shipyard for Constitution
        Stat check (Constitution)         -300 Gold, +8 Constitution, +4 Confidence, +10 Tiredness,  + random 100 to 200 Gold
        Else                                         -300 Gold, +4 Constitution
    Combat
        Pass Skill check (Combat)        -500 Gold, +8 Combat, +3 Libido
        Else                                         -500 Gold, +4 Combat

On Refusal
    Say nothing                                 +3 PlayerDisposition (good rep for being a nice guy)
    Scold                                            Same as doing it in any dialog window, 'scold target girl'
    Spank                                         -3 PlayerDisposition, -2 Happiness, -1 Health, +3 Obedience
    Leave Naked                              -3 PlayerDisposition, -2 Happiness, +5 PCHate, -5PCLove, +5 Obedience
    Force Sex                -10 PlayerDisposition, -5 Happiness, +5 Obedience, +10 PCHate, +10 PCFear, -10 PCLove
    (The .exe file also has penalties for 'PlayerRapeTargetGirl' so you take additional hits on this one)

Re: Chat interaction documentation (partial)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:07:03 AM »
Ok, a couple of comments off the top of my head. Some of that stuff is funny, whoever wrote it has an imagination. I liked the pole dancing one  :D

But there are holes and problems as well. For example in "Have Sex" the girl gets both normal sex credit and experience toward the next level. But in most of them she doesn't. Impacts on other things but no credit toward sexual experience or level. There's a simple as shit (for me anyway) solution to it, scripts could be designed without worry about that stuff. It would keep the game consistent from one script to the next, internal game and outside scripts, and leave the script writers free to worry about the perks and penalties of that particular script function rather than the game mechanics and proper credit.

All of them have a "have group sex" or other script command added to them, that should be all we need. The game already knows how to handle group sex (or other types) for them at work so why not just tie that in when it's called from a script as well? The way it stands now you could spend every action day after day and get nowhere with them for many acts and I don't think that was what was intended. Even with the acts where you do get somewhere it's only sometimes, if they fail the skill check they still get nothing. A bum off the streets who found $100 in the gutter can improve her skills when he stops by, but I can't? Fuck.

Anyway that's enough for now, I'm tired and I'll maybe think or comment more later.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »

First of all, thanks for digging this up and posting it. Interaction scripts definitely need some work, not only in the writing department.

Couple of my opinions and notes:

Blowjob and deepthroat still do checks for service and BDSM respectively while we have an oral skill now. They should do checks for that and the "Gag Reflex" traits.

Gold required for reward increasing happiness/love should be higher. It's really not hard to just max those stats on a girl once you're rolling in dosh.
Or, better idea, make the gold rewards decrease obedience, since we're effectively spoiling a girl by giving her money for nothing.

Have Sex
        Pass skill check (NormalSex)    +1 Happiness, +1 NormalSex, +3 Experience
        Else                 Nothing
As pointed out already, this is the only sex skill that gives normal experience for some reason. How does experience even work anyways? The girls seemingly level up and...what?

Gang Bang
        Has trait “Nymphomaniac”        +5 Libido, +2 Happiness,  +10 Tiredness
        Skill check (Group)                    +5 Libido, +2 Happiness,  +5 Tiredness
This makes no sense. Why does she gain MORE tiredness if she's a nympho? If anything, the gains should be the same, but a nympho would get happiness while the other would not.
And to be fair, all sexual interactions should grant happiness ONLY to girls with the "Nymphomaniac" or similar traits.
Further than that, the idea of a girl's libido increasing on almost everthing is nonsensical. IMO, a sex action should increase the girl's proficiency with that action and give her a couple of tiredness points. Libido increase should work similar to the happiness increase - only for nymphomaniacs and such.

All in all, I always thought the whole stats and skills system in WM is uninspired, but I don't really feel that, as some mere "idea guy", I'm in the position to say what it should be to people working on it with some coding/programming skills to boot.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:11:21 PM by 0nymous »

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:45:35 PM »
First of all, thanks for digging this up and posting it.

No problem.

Blowjob and deepthroat still do checks for service and BDSM respectively while we have an oral skill now. They should do checks for that and the "Gag Reflex" traits.

In the end that's why I made the suggestion that I did, to tie the "Have Oral Sex", or beast, or whatever commands that are already used in the scripts to call an image. I don't blame the script writer in the slightest, that was an amazing job given that it was all done in the native editor which doesn't allow copy/paste or other functions of the sort. It all has to be done line by line, command by command. Makes it cumbersome to update and change for new functions. But with the stat updates tied in to the same command that calls the graphics it never needs changed, all effects would be automatic as the game itself is updated and based on the action called. If the script writer wants to modify that with additional bonuses or penalties they still can but they don't need to worry about the basics.

As far as who should have what or what makes sense, personally I don't care. We'll all have our personal tastes, for me I'm not into young girls. Never in my life been involved with a woman that wasn't at least a year or two older than me. And I tend to like the petite type, small breasts on the right frame can be downright cute. But these days it seems everyone wants over-sized cartoon knockers. Oh well ;) I can deal with and adapt to whatever the rules are, I just want them to be consistant from place to place so we can get a feel for how to make the progress we want.

If for some reason the idea I mentioned won't work (seems simple to me but I'm not a programmer) I'd be willing to update the script myself *if* someone would be kind enough to list what all impacts they should have. I don't want to have to worry about game balance or over/under powered functions and I know I'll fuck up if I just wing it and do what 'feels right' so give me a list of what each act should involve and I can patch it in. Be a lot easier to add and change a few commands than writing that thing in the first place would have been. That was impressive, would have been hard enough with a regular text editor, but to make it in the game editor... impressive.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:48:44 PM by Maggot Propelled Corpse »

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »
Chat
    Casual Conversation        +2 Happiness, -1 PCFear, -1 PCHate, +1 PCLove
    Discuss Her                       Jack shit
    Talk About about you        Mostly Jack shit, except reactions and choices maybe for extreme PCHate. Mostly bad.
        If PCHate >= 95           +2 PCHate and -3 Health off the top before anything else (she attacks you)

On negative choices (all but "Nothing")
                                Player Disposition (your public reputation) – 40
        Choices
                    Teach Lesson (Rape)
                                If Libido 75>                +30 Happiness
                                Else                              (-50 Happiness, +30 PCFear)
                            Teach Manners (Gang Bang)
                                If Trait Nymphomaniac  (+5 Libido, +2 Happiness, +10 Tiredness)
                                Else                              (-30 Happiness, +5 PCFear, +20 Tiredness)
                            Beat her (duh)
                                Skill check BDSM           (-10 Health, +2 Happiness, +2 Tiredness, +5 Obedience)
                                Else                              (-60 Happiness, +30 Tiredness, -40 Health, +30 PCFear)
                            Beast Pit (duh*2)
                                No skill checks.             (-20 Happiness +20 Tiredness +10 PCFear)
                            Nothing
                                Nothing, kind of. You get a (if not Disobey) check when sending her to her room, “have nude” if pass. Other than that nothing.
Wait, so the bolded are what you get if you try to Chat "About You" with a Girl that Hates you?  I ... didn't know that existed.  Don't think I've ever had a girl hate me.  (Doesn't hurt that Nicer rooms seem to increase their attitude toward you, and there doesn't seem to be a reason not to put everyone in them, so :/)

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
Under "Beat Her" don't forget the Masochist trait....positive reactions instead of negative for heavy handedness.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
Wait, so the bolded are what you get if you try to Chat "About You" with a Girl that Hates you?  I ... didn't know that existed.  Don't think I've ever had a girl hate me.  (Doesn't hurt that Nicer rooms seem to increase their attitude toward you, and there doesn't seem to be a reason not to put everyone in them, so :/)

Never had one hate me that much either but according to the script, yeah, that's the way it works. A good way to help avoid it is like you said with housing, and a decent way to make sure you never forget to adjust it up is to just load all the girls files into notepad++ and do a mass find and replace to set the housing where you want it. Backups first of course.

As pointed out already, this is the only sex skill that gives normal experience for some reason. How does experience even work anyways? The girls seemingly level up and...what?

I should have responded to this the other day but missed it. Experience, and through them levels, contribute to higher pay for each days work and a higher value when the girl is bought or sold. A girl with the same skills but a higher level makes more and is worth more. Might be other uses as well but those are big ones.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »

I should have responded to this the other day but missed it. Experience, and through them levels, contribute to higher pay for each days work and a higher value when the girl is bought or sold. A girl with the same skills but a higher level makes more and is worth more. Might be other uses as well but those are big ones.

So it's basically just another stat contributing to the overall girl price, albeit one that's unlimited (or is there a level cap?) and not easily grind-able from the get-go (since you can just use items to immediately get those stats to 100s on a girl)... on the other hand, there's items giving experience as well.
Seems a bit...lackluster. I guess I got too used to the fact that leveling up usually means upgrading some stats/skills/attributes/talents/traits/WHATEVER manually. Although I'm not so sure myself if micromanaging the girls like so every level is a good idea.

Since we're already on this topic, what do Fame and Looks do and what are they based on?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
So it's basically just another stat contributing to the overall girl price, albeit one that's unlimited (or is there a level cap?) and not easily grind-able from the get-go (since you can just use items to immediately get those stats to 100s on a girl)... on the other hand, there's items giving experience as well.
Seems a bit...lackluster. I guess I got too used to the fact that leveling up usually means upgrading some stats/skills/attributes/talents/traits/WHATEVER manually. Although I'm not so sure myself if micromanaging the girls like so every level is a good idea.

Since we're already on this topic, what do Fame and Looks do and what are they based on?
While the level is not capped in the code, the effective level cap is the bit size of "int", just over 32000.
Exp to level up is ((level+1)*125) up to level 255 where it levels out at 32000 exp to level up.
Leveling up only adds to stats for the first 20 levels.
Every 5 levels, the girl has a random chance to gain a trait.

Fame raises or lowers mostly based on customer happiness or other job performance effects and affects how many customers she draws in.

Looks is the average of beauty and charisma and affects job performance on some jobs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:04:25 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Leveling up only adds to stats for the first 20 levels.
It does actually raise stats?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »
It does actually raise stats?
For the first 20 levels yes.
Charisma, Happiness, Libido, Constitution, Intelligence, Confidence, Mana, Agility and all skills go up by 1-5.

The amount gained will probably change in .06 to balance things out a bit.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 10:15:06 AM »

Every 5 levels, the girl has a random chance to gain a trait.

ANY trait? So the girl can possibly grow huge tits all of a sudden on level up?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »

ANY trait? So the girl can possibly grow huge tits all of a sudden on level up?
No, currently only Good Kisser, Nymphomaniac, Fake Orgasm Expert, Sexy Air, Fleet of Foot, Charismatic or Charming are possible.
70% chance to gain a trait.
If they have one already, they gain the one after it in the list.
The way the game chooses what trait the girl gets needs to be rewritten.

More will be added but not physical traits.