Author Topic: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion  (Read 93298 times)

Offline Lurker

Re: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:07 AM »
That could be done.
I was thinking about adding a Mage Tower as a purchasable building for a future update, a Thieves Guild could be done too.
In the Mage Tower, you could research spells and teach them to the girls, spells like Detect Disease would be very useful.
Basically D&D spells and rules modified to fit the game's levels (probably spell level = girl level / 4).
The game already uses something like Charm Person for the girls in the brothels to entice the customer into choosing her.

Sounds really cool, dude.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
Might as well just bring up again the concept of a more  intricate combat system since specific spells were brought up.
Like, you know, different types of combat skills (gunslinging, swordsmanship, archery, martial arts), magic (light,dark,elemental) or other skills.
Again though, new skill types or spells would mean revisions for existing girl files I suppose.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »
Might as well just bring up again the concept of a more  intricate combat system since specific spells were brought up.
Like, you know, different types of combat skills (gunslinging, swordsmanship, archery, martial arts), magic (light,dark,elemental) or other skills.
Again though, new skill types or spells would mean revisions for existing girl files I suppose.
Yes, and the more I learn the SDL2.0 code, the more fancy I can make territorial control system.
Imagine a dynamic map with shifting areas of control, your gangs holding territory, other gangs maneuvering to out flank your defenses, minigame like control over territory.
Probably not going to be done any time soon but SDL2.0 has a lot of nifty features.

Not sure but I may have seen something about drag and drop somewhere.  :P No more transfer screen?
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2014, 08:05:42 PM »
Maybe if your making Thief Guild and Mage Guild, you could move the agility and magic training out of the arena to each of those....and maybe split up the training to combat and health training in the arena....or maybe make a Gym for health training...and another place to find girls? and is there any way for a girl to earn Tight Ass in the game currently?...maybe one for the gym?

Offline BeyondRepair

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2014, 02:42:15 AM »
Skimmed through the pages in this thread, checked out some of the traits some people made.
Here is a list of traits with fixed & cleaned descriptions / etc I made, it's not in proper format so I apologize in advance for that. (Also alphabeticalized)
Some traits were combined as they were simply duplicates of each other but worded slightly different.
Also cleaned / made some descriptions more pleasant to read as some of the old ones were simply a turn off.

Some of my opinions, forgive me if I sound overbearing;

Some traits should be simplified to one rather then spread out into many, which only makes more work.

I think job traits should be limited to well known fetishes (maid, cop, nurse) as there are simply way too much jobs to list if you were to seriously list all of them.
The same goes for monsters, while only popular ones should be listed (elves, succubus etc), everything else categorized as the common 'monster'.
Construct already sums up anything 'robotic / battery / etc'.
Werebeasts sums up all fox, dog, cat ear girls, demi-human sums up all part human girls.
Angel sums up pretty much all heavenly beings, no need for seraphim / goddess / etc.
Same goes for Demon, sums up everything in that category as well.

And in my opinion, I don't think any of the 'Gag Reflex' traits are a good idea at all.
I think it would be too hard to determine whether one girl has a gag reflex over another.
And for WM, having a gag reflex shouldn't even be allowed for all that can be said.
If it exists, it would mean a possibility of having a 'cannot do anal' 'cannot do vaginal' trait, which kind of kills the point of having that girl pack.

On this list I simplified a few others, like piercings on certain body parts, so it leaves the reader imagining where the piercing is rather then plainly telling them outright where.
As some would find clit piercings or nipple piercings a turn off. The same can be said about missing body parts, I'd rather not know / read that a girl is missing a nipple or finger.
While there is probably some who would find that a turn on, I for one think it's a major turn off.
And to those who find it a turn on, I think leaving it to their imagination or either their existing knowledge of those girls they have, is a better idea.

Suggest only keeping traits that have some relevance to the game play as well as the girl packs rather then emphasizing on just one.

I understand that at the moment all girlpacks and items use the more or less the current 'common' trait list but I personally believe those are pretty easy to fix.
Worth revamping all traits if it's for the sake of higher quality game play. Because at the moment, many of them are either a turn off or either not worth having as a trait.
Also made cleaned the descriptions so players would have to use common sense rather then being told 'you should remove this trait soon or else something something happens'.
Whether some traits has a detrimental effect or positive effect, the player should use their own head and figure it out on their own.

Some traits corrected like 'Out-Patient Surgery' should instead simply be 'patient'.
As out-patient means a patient who receives medical treatment without being admitted to a hospital.
And in-patient means a patient who is admitted into a hospital.
While a patient just means someone received / receiving medical care / treatment.

If this list is any useful at all or if the descriptions is to your taste, please respond with any ones that I missed and I'll do those too!
And once again I apologize about it not being in proper format, I just can't seem to get my brain working whenever I see stuff like '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" etc.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
It may be too late for more traits, but you never know until you try...

<Trait
        Name="Hooves"
        Desc="This girl has hooves instead of feet."
        Type="species" />

Suggested effects: Footwear item slot becomes unusable, + Bestiality, + Constitution, - Footjob.

Offline qwayne

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
Just came back to this game from a long break and did my usual thing where the first free girl I get is the matron and three of my girls died in my brothel before I noticed the matron skill exists. What kind of girls make for good matrons?

Offline Romanul

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
^Free girls, that's the only requirement you have and need IMO.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »
If i remember correctly the higher loyalty and service the better they will be at a matron
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:49 PM »
Just came back to this game from a long break and did my usual thing where the first free girl I get is the matron and three of my girls died in my brothel before I noticed the matron skill exists. What kind of girls make for good matrons?
While there technically are no requirements for matrons other than being a free girl, the base job rating for matrons is:
Code: [Select]
    (charisma + confidence + spirit) / 3
 + (service + intelligence + medicine) / 3
 + level
At the moment the matron does not really use stats/skills like most of the other jobs do.
In the future, they will get more options for what the matron can do based on her stats/skills.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
Why not, I guess.

<Trait
        Name="Treasure Hunter"
        Desc="This girl has an innate ability to find treasure"
        Type="Action" />

Increased % of finding more and better items at the catacombs, basically.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2015, 07:20:32 AM »
so what are the requirements for the Torturer job?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
so what are the requirements for the Torturer job?
Torturer does not really have any requirements or use any stats or skills.
There are some traits that affect the text but not much has been done with it.
Because I never use it, I have not done anything with it.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
I have started adding more stuff to CoreTraits.traitsx.

I am currently adding "InheritChance" and "RandomChance" to make it easier for me to change them.
Instead of adding a long list of all the traits to check if a baby inherits a trait from its mother, I can just add a variable to the trait itself and check against that.
Same with adding traits to the hard coded random girl code.

After this is working, I can add stats, skills, job performance and other things to CoreTraits.traitsx
I probably will not get to this right away but when I do, it will be done quite quickly.
The main thing holding me back from this is the editor needing a lot of work to make editing it possible.

Silent Guy

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2015, 11:14:02 AM »
What would you say about these, gentlemen?

<Trait
        Name="No Hair"
        Desc="Not a single strand of hair grows on this girl's body. You're sure that somebody, somewhere, must be turned on by this sort of sight."
        Type="Appearance"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: I have my doubts about this one. Maybe works as a |Customer Fetish|? Maybe a result of torture, or a disease? Or a side-effect of a cure?

<Trait
        Name="Long Hair"
        Desc="These locks flow like a waterfall, past her shoulders and even lower, catching stray beams of light and the attention of your customers."
        Type="Appearance"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: Slight increase in beauty and/or charisma.

<Trait
        Name="Very Long Hair"
        Desc="This girl's hair extends past her thighs - way past her thighs. She wouldn't even need a towel or anything to preserve her modesty."
        Type="Appearance"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: Slightly larger increase in beauty and/or charisma, small plus to BDSM. Small minus to Combat and/or Agility. Definitely a |Customer Fetish|.

<Trait
        Name="Unbelievably Long Hair"
        Desc="It looks like three servants would need to carry the hair behind this girl when she walks. It looks like she could replace all her clothes, from underwear to overcoat, by just wrapping herself in her own hair. It looks like no mortal could possibly have hair like this."
        Type="Appearance"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: Not sure if this one is necessary, either. As always, increase in beauty and/or charisma, plus to BDSM, maybe plus to Magic. Lowers Combat and Agility even further. |Customer Fetish|.

<Trait
        Name="Lice"
        Desc="Or are they fleas? You're not sure, nor do you care. Better get rid of them."
        Type="Disease"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: Medium-high chance for slaves to start with this trait; probability to acquire in a dungeon or brothel, depending on dirtiness and hair traits.

<Trait
        Name="Hair Growth"
        Desc="This girl's hair grows unusually quickly."
        Type="Physical"
        InheritChance="??"
        RandomChance="??" />
-- Comment: Might generate income and/or items at a farm job?

<Trait
        Name="Shaven"
        Desc="A buzz-cut is not the most elegant look, but it was necessary. Don't worry, it'll grow out."
        Type="Temporary"
        InheritChance="0"
        RandomChance="0" />
-- Comment: If there's a chance for a disease to cure itself, this trait would be the outcome of "Lice". If not, then it's a result of the cheaper cure.

Also, I'd like to ask how RandomChance works here. Does it activate only when there are no .rgirls files in the Characters folder? Or if no girl is assigned to a (Dungeon or Market)? Can .rgirls be influenced by RandomChance at all?

And another question. What is the breast size order, from smallest to largest?