Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 153288 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
Let's try and keep the bugs for a release to the one thread, folks.

Just to get things started: the images on the slave market (and elsewhere I believe) are losing their aspect ratio when they get scaled. This leads to some unflattering distortions.

Offline mbscout

• Donator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »
When in the dungeon, selecting any of the column header causes the game to crash.  There was only one girl in the dungeon at the time.  Once there were more then one , the game does not crash.  After the column been sorted (with multiple girls in the dungeon), the game wont crash even if there is just one girl the dungeon.

Offline Shinteo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
During the turn summary, clicking on the dungeon tab will cause it to crash too.

Offline Adamwest69

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
If you impregnate a girl, it doesn't count down the days to birth, rather it says "38 Weeks to Birth". I just checked the window that lists the command lines and it keeps saying 38 weeks to birth too, so I don't think pregnancy is working correctly.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:17:34 PM by Adamwest69 »

Offline sgb

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »
A few bugs I've noticed during some quick test:
-New girls seem to refuse to work in the brothel regardless of rebelliousness, even slave girls.  It seems to take a few months before they will actually start doing their jobs.
-Gangs can generate with almost no members, yet cost the same as fully manned gangs. EDIT: I see this is in the config file.  I have no idea why anyone would want starting gangs to not start full.
-I was just using the default packs with the game, and noticed someone forgot to input age variables for all the random characters.  Now that this field actually matters, this results in everyone being 17.
-House% formula is still messed up.  From 51% to 69% offers no rebelliousness change.  Going from 51% to 50% suddenly gives you a huge rebelliousness drop, while going lower than that actually starts to increase rebeliousness with 0% being the same as 69%.
-I cannot confirm Adamwest's problem.  Pregnancy is working fine for me, and the 'Your Daughter' and 'Incest' traits are finally working too!
-Dependent trait still giving an automatic -100 rebeliousness and Charismatic/Charming traits still give game breaking stat boosts.
-Not a big deal, but I noticed that the special script for Cammy White is no longer triggering.

UI Note:
-I don't like the new auto-fit for images.  A lot of smaller images look terrible when stretched, and it just gets worse if you set the game resolution above 800x600.
-For future changes, group duplicate items in the store.  Another nice change would be for items to be colour-coded based on rarity so you can quickly skim through for special items.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:09:35 PM by sgb »

Offline GBCliff

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Might be statistical anomaly, but mind-fucked, broken will, and masochist appear to occur much more frequently in 1.30 than 1.29. might be by design.

Agree with above comments on auto-fit of images.

Turn Summary dungeon crashing is not occuring in my game, may be linked to specific conditions.

Loving the new dungeon and brothel interface. More stats = more control, better feel for whats happening.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 03:39:23 AM »
Just to get things started: the images on the slave market (and elsewhere I believe) are losing their aspect ratio when they get scaled. This leads to some unflattering distortions.
I don't really like it either. It was changed in one of Nec's latest commits, though whether it was intentional or not I don't know.

When in the dungeon, selecting any of the column header causes the game to crash.  There was only one girl in the dungeon at the time.
Confirmed. Strange, it didn't crash earlier when I was testing it, though. Will investigate and fix.

During the turn summary, clicking on the dungeon tab will cause it to crash too.
Took a bit of testing, but I duplicated this by starting a new game, going straight to the next week, clicking the Dungeon listing, clicking the Brothel listing, and then clicking back on the Dungeon listing. Will investigate and hopefully fix.

If you impregnate a girl, it doesn't count down the days to birth, rather it says "38 Weeks to Birth". I just checked the window that lists the command lines and it keeps saying 38 weeks to birth too, so I don't think pregnancy is working correctly.
If you're referring to the debug window, I've noticed it outputting that "38 weeks to birth" message on every girl, whether pregnant or not. I haven't looked into it, but I don't think that message is any real indication towards how long the pregnancy really has to go. I will do a bit of pregnancy testing at some point, though.

-New girls seem to refuse to work in the brothel regardless of rebelliousness, even slave girls.  It seems to take a few months before they will actually start doing their jobs.
I hadn't noticed that problem from my own brief testing, but the code to determine whether a girl refuses any particular job was completely overhauled, so there are bound to be issues there. Necno might be working on that at some point here, or I might look into it later.

-Gangs can generate with almost no members, yet cost the same as fully manned gangs. EDIT: I see this is in the config file.  I have no idea why anyone would want starting gangs to not start full.
  This is intentional. The gangs don't start out at full strength, which I think is sensible with them being "on the market". They're looking for a patron to support them and provide funds to recruit more members.
As you say though, it is indeed an option in the config file.

-I was just using the default packs with the game, and noticed someone forgot to input age variables for all the random characters.  Now that this field actually matters, this results in everyone being 17.
I'll look into it.

-House% formula is still messed up.  From 51% to 69% offers no rebelliousness change.  Going from 51% to 50% suddenly gives you a huge rebelliousness drop, while going lower than that actually starts to increase rebeliousness with 0% being the same as 69%.
  I'll look into this as well.

-Dependent trait still giving an automatic -100 rebeliousness and Charismatic/Charming traits still give game breaking stat boosts.
  As above.

-Not a big deal, but I noticed that the special script for Cammy White is no longer triggering.
  True, I noticed this earlier myself. Not sure if I'll be able to fix it, but I do plan to look into it.

-For future changes, group duplicate items in the store.  Another nice change would be for items to be colour-coded based on rarity so you can quickly skim through for special items.
I might give item grouping and sorting a shot after some bugfixing. For colors, it's a bit cumbersome to come up with many background colors for listbox items; changing the text color is certainly a possibility, though. Necno is about to work on the font rendering system, so I'm not going to do anything there for the time being.

Might be statistical anomaly, but mind-fucked, broken will, and masochist appear to occur much more frequently in 1.30 than 1.29. might be by design.
Not sure whether that's intentional or not. I'll check into the responsible code and possibly tone down the frequency if it seems too excessive.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
UI Note:
-I don't like the new auto-fit for images.  A lot of smaller images look terrible when stretched, and it just gets worse if you set the game resolution above 800x600.

I'm thinking about adding some options to the XML to allow some control over how an image is scaled. A preserve aspect ratio flag would be nice, and possibly a max size as well. (in which case I'll probably need to add alignment flags - I'm reinventing javascript here...)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 06:07:14 AM »
I'm thinking about adding some options to the XML to allow some control over how an image is scaled. A preserve aspect ratio flag would be nice, and possibly a max size as well. (in which case I'll probably need to add alignment flags - I'm reinventing javascript here...)
Sounds good, if maybe a bit overkill. ;)

OK, a few fixes done and committed so far.
* When in the dungeon with exactly one girl listed, selecting any of the column header caused the game to crash.
--    fixed
* Age variables for all the random characters were set to 0 min and max. This resulted in all random girls being 17.
--    fixed (game currently limits max age to 25, so you'll get an age range of 17-25)
* During the turn summary, clicking on the Dungeon listing will cause it to crash if there are no girls in the dungeon.
--    fixed
  * "config.weeks_preg: 38" message given on debug window when viewing any girl, pregnant or not.
--    message now only shown when girl is pregnant
  * Dependent trait still giving an automatic -100 rebeliousness
--    changed obedience boost from +90 to +50
* Charismatic/Charming traits still give game breaking stat boosts.
--    halved charisma boost for each

Checked:
* Might be statistical anomaly, but mind-fucked, broken will, and masochist appear to occur much more frequently in 1.30 than 1.29. might be by design.
--    Seems fine in the code. For reference... Broken Will: with girl health < 20 and spirit < 20, only 5% chance per torture. Masochist: BDSM skill > 30, 10% chance. Mind Fucked: health < 10, 5% chance.

I checked the problem with Cammy's "meet" script not working, and it appears it's not ever being added. I put a breakpoint in the AddTrigger function and monitored it, and only the global triggers were ever added. The trigger-related code is something I've not touched before, so I'm not sure what's up beyond that. I suppose I could dig around further, but it would probably take quite a while for me to find the root of the problem... Doc? Necno? Any ideas on this one?

Offline GBCliff

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
Purchased brothel number 5 from the Town screen. The script asking for a name appeared, then the starting game script in grey text box. I was in a completely default game with that brothel name. All other brothels, girls, and gangs were gone.

Iron will trait does not seem to affect torture behavior. Rebel drops at same rate as other girls.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
Purchased brothel number 5 from the Town screen. The script asking for a name appeared, then the starting game script in grey text box. I was in a completely default game with that brothel name. All other brothels, girls, and gangs were gone.

Iron will trait does not seem to affect torture behavior. Rebel drops at same rate as other girls.
Are you sure you're playing the 1.30 alpha build? That bug with buying the last brothel was fixed long ago. I just now double-checked the code and it appears fine, and I then tested it myself with modified purchase requirements and was able to safely buy every brothel.

Offline James

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
some jobs, may or may not be working, and ignoring the prohibit section, since i had a girl work as a stripper, yet on the new day thing it said she had sex with a beast. (which i prohibited)

exodia91

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »
I'm running windows vista x32, and the game crashes instantly upon being run. I fiddled with the config in wordpad and added my own girlpack. I only changed some of the pregnancy settings, and boosted gang starting members to minimum of 9. I've run it as admin and without, in XP compatibility and without, crashes exactly the same way every time. The commandline window opens, then the main window comes up as all black, then the game instantly crashes.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »
I'm running windows vista x32, and the game crashes instantly upon being run. I fiddled with the config in wordpad and added my own girlpack. I only changed some of the pregnancy settings, and boosted gang starting members to minimum of 9. I've run it as admin and without, in XP compatibility and without, crashes exactly the same way every time. The commandline window opens, then the main window comes up as all black, then the game instantly crashes.
Try running an unmodified copy of it (no config changes or extra girl pack) and see if that crashes. If it does still crash, please reply back and attach the "gamelog.txt" file to you post from the game folder.
If an unmodified copy doesn't crash, I guess you can try each change/addition to find which one causes the crash.

some jobs, may or may not be working, and ignoring the prohibit section, since i had a girl work as a stripper, yet on the new day thing it said she had sex with a beast. (which i prohibited)
Yeah, strippers who chose to have sex with customers currently don't check to see what's prohibited. This should be fixed at some point.

exodia91

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
it does crash with a clean copy as well.