Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.7.1  (Read 205830 times)

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.55
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »
That bug was present in every save operation. It seems that, although it asks if you're sure you want to overwrite it, it actually doesn't matter. Streamwriter object that is used to write it to the file works kinda strange. If I delete an entry and tried to overwrite the file it didn't actually do anything, if I added an entry at the end (alphabetically) of the list and overwrite that it did get saved, if it was somewhere within the list it also didn't get saved. It seems it works with some kind of strange append where just adds what ever is behind the last entry that's already in the file.

I guess this problem manifested itself after sort by alphabet was added, before that everything you added was at the bottom of the list, I guess delete and overwrite was also not working then, but adding new girls/items worked file since they just got appended. I've changed how this works so as far as streamwriter knows it always saves to the new file. What I did is this, before the file is saved app checks if the file to be written exists, if it exists it renames it by adding .bak extension to it, and then saves it to the new file, this time it saves as it should because it doesn't have anything to append to. And that's where little .bak files come from :).

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
That's a rather bizarre effect.  I would think it would have manifested the very first time I saved after the sorting was introduced, unless I misunderstand what you wrote.  The editor completely rewrote the old file with everything in alphabetical order - which I would think involves a certain amount of deletion before the write can happen.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 04:11:12 AM »
Well, beside sorting and filtering nothing else was changed. As far as saving part goes, beside getting sorted list to save, but that isn't done within save procedure, it doesn't know they even exist.

But I don't think it would manifest exactly the first time after sort was introduced. File that you have overwritten isn't sorted, list that was going to be saved is, so there wouldn't be any matches for this strange append to kick in. Second time yes, but first no.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:12:59 AM by Solo761 »

Balmung60

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »
Would it be reasonable of me to ask to be able to see what the girl's in-game looks (and other stats) are while using the editor, perhaps with a marker of how much of each is from traits (maybe like [stat] +/- amount from traits), or would that just be a massive PITA?

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »
Most of that info is coded into the game, and not available (insofar as I am aware) to those searching for info from the outside.  We could experiment and figure out the stat/skill bonuses/penalties for every trait, and hardcode those into the editor (or put them in a config file), but they could be obsoleted if any of the effects change in the game.

I don't know how far DocClox is taking his XML approach to the game (as far as i know, it is limited to .girl files for now), but if he implements the config screen for the game, and includes an XML config file with the stat effects of traits, then we would be able to pull that info for the editor.  Until then, no such luck.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »
I don't know how far DocClox is taking his XML approach to the game (as far as i know, it is limited to .girl files for now)
Girls, rgirls and items for now. More next release.

but if he implements the config screen for the game
Next but one, I'm afraid. Necno is adding the screen this time around. I'll add stuff to it for the next release.
and includes an XML config file with the stat effects of traits, then we would be able to pull that info for the editor.  Until then, no such luck.
Eventually I want to drive trait effects based on a combination of config and script files. However, there's a chunk of work to do before that's possible.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.60
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »
I've uploaded new version, this one has support for new XML files so it can be used to convert old files and be ready for new version :).

As for stats and other in-game values, no, it wouldn't be PITA if we knew exact formulas by which they're calculated :). So until we do...

Offline Senzuku

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
Hello, I have a question regarding the editor itself...

I am able to run the editor and load files from it, but I am unable to add an item into the directory or edit any files in directory.

This is the error log

------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at WM_Girls_Generator.Form1.button12_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WMEdit
    Assembly Version: 0.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Documents/My%20Documents/WM/Docs%26Tools/Character%20%26%20Item%20Editor/WMEdit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

-------------

So I hope someone can help me with this >_>;

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 03:21:35 AM »
Can't find system core? Do you have .NET installed?

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:55 AM »
It looks as if you have old .net installed, 2.0, this one requires 3.5, link is in the first post.

Offline Senzuku

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
Thanks for helping, was wondering why I can't seems to do anything with the editor...

Apparently, it seems like my Vista hates me.

Offline The Alpacalypse

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
I've noticed an error with items that apply the Controlled status, and also ones that modify Libido, Agility, or Player Hate.  This error message is the result of clicking on an item in the editor that added Controlled (Willbreaker Oil from LS' item pack).

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at WM_Girls_Generator.Form1.listBox_ItemsList_SelectedIndexCha nged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
WMEdit
    Assembly Version: 0.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Windows%20Timeline/full_wm1.29_BETA/Docs%26Tools/WMEdit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

I'm not sure what would cause this, nor if it's been brought up before.  I've noticed that clicking "Update Selected" causes the entry in question (in the case of Controlled, Agility, or Libido) to change to a different modifier.

Also, I'm fiddling with it as I type, and I've just noticed that attempting to overwrite a file causes the file to disappear.  It isn't deleted, it's just gone.  No clue, but one problem at a time, I guess.  Oh, right, I should also mention that yes, I do have .Net 3.5, just in case that's relevant.

ETA:  Apologies, I'm dumb.  I couldn't save the file because there were still errors.  Corrected them, can save again.  Other issue still applies, however.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:31:10 PM by The Alpacalypse »

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 07:25:53 AM »
It seems that there are some problems with items generation, I'll have to look into that. Just tried one of the older version (0.53) and it doesn't have this controlled/agility/libido problems, although now that I think about it, I think I know what's the problem :) .

As for the crash I can't replicate it. Just tried LS' item pack and that item got read fine.

It still looks as if it tries to use .net 2.0 (file path in first version points to "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll", which is .net 2.0 and not .net 3.5. When I go to C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/ on my computer (I also have 64bit OS, Framework64 is where 64bit framework is stored) I have there three folders "v2.0.50727", "v3.0" and "v3.5". Try running this tool

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdgjgyyheoz/netver2007.zip

It should show what exact .net frameworks you have installed. This is what I get from it

*edit*

fixed that trait/effect issue
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:54:03 AM by Solo761 »

Offline The Alpacalypse

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.61
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
Yeah, I have exactly those frameworks as well.  Fix to the version appears to have worked, haven't verified they work in game, but they should.

Also, forgot to mention this in my prior post, but it also appears that the Pregnant By Player status, and the Askprice stat are also borked.  I could fix them myself if I knew how, but I don't even know where to begin to look for a how-to.  Wish I knew more about programming, but I don't think I have the self-motivational ability to really make anything of it.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.62
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
Then I don't understand why it doesn't work. Only other thing that comes to my mind is that maybe some parts of your .net installation got corrupted. But I don't know how likely that is to happen.

I fixed "Pregnant by player" string, that should be the last one. I changed them when I added support for XML, so they use same strings as XML. Originally I had "Pregnant with player", not "by" as it is in game. I updated most of them, but some got by in as they were originally. That's why these errors happened. For this exact example status would have "by", when app compiles it to game format, it looks in matrix that has these strings and their associated value, but it couldn't find a match (in that matrix that string contained "with" so there was no match) and that's how it got borked. Now all should be properly associated, I changed only agility (made a type there, wrote agilty), libedo (originally I had libido, but since it's libedo in game I changed that), controlled (again typo, I had controled, I probably typed it too fast so windows "helped" by omitting one l :P ). I didn't change AskPrice, when I tried it it worked fine.

You can't really fix it, you need source code for it to make these changes and then recompile. There are sources in first post, but they're outdated now, and these things worked fine in that source. That was pre-XML code. But those files were downloaded 1-2 times so I gave up on uploading it. If you want I can upload current source. It can be edited with simple text editor like notepad and compiled via command prompt, but it's way more user friendly to use some IDE to do it. I use Visual Studio 2008, but there's free version that should be able to also do it Visual C# 2008 Express Edition.
Programming is mostly logic, like you have some X, and want it to be Y, so you need to come up with what to do to get Y out of that X, that's what code mostly does. I never really learned how to code, I knew some basic logic of how it goes, everything else I learned, or figured out, on the way. That's pretty evident in the code of this editor, similar problems solved in two different ways. I came with something that looked better so I did it that way next time. But since old stuff also worked why change it (as someone said, why reinvent the weel, if it isn't broken don't fix it). Most of the code is commented so you can figure why I did something the way I did it, only new XML parts are not really commented, but that's only few functions anyway.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:58:58 AM by Solo761 »