Author Topic: Quick comment on 1.29  (Read 5136 times)

Offline letmein

Quick comment on 1.29
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:52:21 AM »
From changelog:

"there is now a cooldown period of 20 weeks before a girl can get preg/inseminated again"

This is a good idea, but perhaps 20 weeks is a little long?  I would think one, maybe two months would be plenty.  Not a big deal.

"increased talk count to 10"

Thank you.

"increased the value of item rewards from catacomb missions (it is now what it was supposed to be in the first place)"

Just a general comment:  this might not work *now*, but eventually I'd kind of like to see gold  income from the catacombs removed entirely, so that all you can get are girls or cool items.  Right now I don't think there are enough items available to make it reasonable, but if the item cost system ever gets balanced and a few people start modding items, it'd be neat.

Looks like a great update - lots of useful fixes, especially considering it was only a weekender.  Can't wait to see what you come up with during the building implementation...  good job, necno!
Still lurking.

Offline Sigfried666

Re: Quick comment on 1.29
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:51:31 PM »
I also think 20 weeks for pregnancy cooldown are too much time to wait.
It's almost half a gestation time...

Offline Rose

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »
It might be a bit long game-mechanics-wise, but it's certainly not too long from a realistic perspective. A nursing mother usually can't get pregnant as long as the child is breastfeeding regularily (often around 20 weeks, but can be over a year) due to the hormonal changes that occur when nursing,
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »
Granted, i was still thinking in days when i chose 20. Going to make it 5
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Krayben

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
Wow, just five weeks of breast feeding the kids? Those poor babies. They're gonna grow up with issues. :D
I really have no opinion on this topic, I just couldn't resist the attempt at a joke.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:01:33 PM »
Yea the gold for the catacombs is way to good its completely self sustainable(at lest until clan loyalty and ect are integrated)
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Alugere

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »
Yea the gold for the catacombs is way to good its completely self sustainable(at lest until clan loyalty and ect are integrated)

Well, once gangs can die again in the catacombs, it will even out a bit. You'll have around two turns in the catacombs before you have to spend 4-6 with the gang just recruiting. When you consider it with that add on, it's about break even.

exodia91

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:46:40 AM »
its supposed to be profitable, its just all the risk was taken out with this version by error.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
Yea but currently you dont lose anything from dismissing all your goons and buy new ones so you never actualy lose out
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Alugere

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
You obviously don't realize how much more effective trained gangs are than normal ones when it comes to guarding and attacking.

Try training your gangs a bit, they tend to be much better in combat afterwards (And one's you re hire are shit again. Fully training gangs can more than double their power)