devolution

Author Topic: having short avi's/gifs in the game  (Read 6945 times)

Offline Midnight_Amratha

having short avi's/gifs in the game
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »
i tried to follow the avi2bmp folder included in the latest update and managed to create a few films based on some gifs, the sad part is when i add them to the girls folder they only appear as a collection of pictures in the weekly update screen, no amination whatsoever. does the weekly update follow the other browsers since i can se the films when i go browse a girl in the brothel.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: having short avi's/gifs in the game
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »
I actually fixed animated image support in r532... I guess since the most recent release was at r485, I should see about making another release some time soon, eh?

Offline redle

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »
Random quibble...  Aspect ratio is lost in the animation images.

I briefly played with the animation images before and had found that they only worked in certain locations in the game and abandoned experimentation.  Gave it another go when I saw that they had been fixed.  Kudos!  From what I've seen so far, their working is much improved.  The only negative at the moment, is that stand-alone images maintain their aspect, but animation images are stretched/squashed to fill the space allotted for images.

Offline Big_Wizz

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 02:03:01 AM »
I was messing around with the animations and for me the files only play once ie. no looping.  Is this a bug or am I messing something up?

Offline Jojose

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »
I was messing around with the animations and for me the files only play once ie. no looping.  Is this a bug or am I messing something up?

For me it was weird, it looped once and then the next time I tried it it no longer loops, during wich I had made no changes to anything...wtf?

You're not the only one so don't worry about that...  :(

Offline Jojose

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
Okay. I just opened my *backup* file and put the character + .ani back in and lo and behold...It works now...

I don't know why, but then I put it back in the old folder, and it worked again...wtf?

Try using a backup or downloading a new 1.30.4 r495 and put the character file in there and it should work

One question though, Does WM read .gif images? If it does, then why the f**k am I changing them to ani files for?

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 11:16:12 PM »
The .gif file type is copyrighted and recently they've been causing a ruckus trying to backlog on people that have been using it...I think that's the reason.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Jojose

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 04:43:43 AM »
Okay.. I see, one question, I know this has nothing to do with the game, but somehow I cannot download from mediafire all of a sudden...

Instead of having the "Download this file" thing on the right, it just has a green bar under the title

is it because I moved and now the internet's too slow for mediafire or am I being rejected somehow?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:23:22 AM »
Can't help with that sorry, have never seen it before, mediafire problems always direct me to error pages. Bad uploads reload the link page for me without starting the download which I've experienced several times uploading my packs; changing the name of the packs always fixed that, but I guess it doesn't really help you.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Jojose

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
If this helps at all, on internet explorer it says there is error on page more specifically

Object Expected

line:   18
Char: 31
Code: 0

it also says

SC is undefined

line :  17
Char: 150067
Code: 0

Offline Jojose

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
I ran mediafire in Internet Explorer in compatibility view and now it works...

but now I'm trying to figure out how my computer is not compatible to mediafire...

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
Ah, I could be wrong, but it sounds like you need to update internet explorer or java. Or possibly you have your java add-on disabled.

Offline Jojose

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
Not kidding when I say, now it isn't working again, and the funny thing is, it only occurs to the animations in Hatsune Miku, I also have a sex.ani for cat girl that I found, and it works perfectly.  :-X

I am Currently trying to figure out if I did something wrong when I created the files sex1.ani~sex14.ani that causes it to do that  :-[

It probably isn't a problem with the save since I have multiple ones that worked and when put into the game it no longer works.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 12:02:31 AM »
I'm playing the most recent version of the game and I'm having problems with animated images as well. I hadn't really used them before, but decided to start using them since reading through this topic. My issue is the same as Jojose, they don't all loop. I've been messing around with them a bit, but I think the issue is from the game itself, because if you quit then load again, some that weren't looping will, and others that were looping won't anymore. Any ideas on correcting this, or a fix for it would be appreciated. I don't know anything about scripting, so that was the dead end after I ran out of other ideas.

The .ani's I've been using, along with the .gifs I made them from: http://www.mediafire.com/?2x3vemzh4n41q9b

Also, the resizing of them hurts the quality a lot, if there is going to be another release having that removed would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:05:23 AM by Mak »