devolution

Author Topic: Help with Mod  (Read 2825 times)

Offline kaneage

Help with Mod
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
Hey guys i am trying to create a mod for the game that uses the same gameplay just with tweaked parameters. Ive never coded anything but with what i want i dont think i need to.  I am planning on adjusting a few options that are in the game just to the level I want within my mod.

For instance I want to lower the amount of rooms in a brothel and disable the brand slave button

What i need help with is finding out what i need to download to adjust these files.  Ive altered the config file to where i want it but it can only do so much.  As i said im not wanting to make up new ideas or new options, simply tweak the ones that are already in the game.  Can someone point me in the right direction

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Re: Help with Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »
So far I doubt that you can  disable the brand slave button in the config files. Would have know C++ and compile your version of the game from the svn source. Believe the same would have to happen with changing the amount of rooms in a brothel. Though I have edited a save game to knock off a few rooms since I went a bit too high.
Though, yeah would have build your own game from the source code to get either one of those.

-Xorg

Offline chimera

Re: Help with Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:37 AM »
asuming your on indows go get tortise svn and visual studio c++ express 2010 checkout
svn://pinkpetal.org:3693/whm_svn/ with tortoise and open trunk\BrothelMaster\BrothelMaster.vcxproj in visual studio
hit the green arrow at the top to build it copy any resources you want to use into this dir.

In cScreenDungeon.c try commenting out (put // in front of the line) if you want to set it up with
 EnableButton(brandslave_id);
 so it looks like this
Code: [Select]
    if(girl->is_slave())
    {
        EnableButton(sellslave_id);
        DisableButton(brandslave_id);
    }
    else
    {
    //    EnableButton(brandslave_id);
        DisableButton(sellslave_id);
    }

or the rooms question do you want to reduce the amount of initial rooms or the maximum rooms a brothel can have?