Author Topic: A Merry Old Christmas this is turning out to be  (Read 4704 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
A Merry Old Christmas this is turning out to be
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
Aww... what a week. Me and the missus laid up with influenza, the central heating packs in, my laptop stops accepting keyboard input, in the in the process of feverishly reinstalling the operating system, I counted wrongly and wiped my home partition.

I've just about had enough of 2010. Let's hope 2011 is better.

Doc -- Your regular  bundle of festive fun.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: A Merry Old Christmas this is turning out to be
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
Ouch, that sucks. Here's hoping you have a better new year.

Offline Samu

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:13:12 PM »
It sucks to be you.

BTW. its believed that if you enter a new year in a bad mood, the entire year will be bad.

Offline Knogern

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
I reckon every day you actually wake up is a good day >8)
Matter of perspective fellas, you could sleep on the street without any legs, right?

Sucks to wipe hard drives though.. There's always a nice bottle of whisky to cheer you up, have a happy yuletide and new year gentlemen !

Offline Tweaker69

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Aww... what a week. Me and the missus laid up with influenza, the central heating packs in, my laptop stops accepting keyboard input, in the in the process of feverishly reinstalling the operating system, I counted wrongly and wiped my home partition.

I've just about had enough of 2010. Let's hope 2011 is better.

Doc -- Your regular  bundle of festive fun.

Sounds to me like you're just having a wonderful Holiday Season! My spirit during the holidays generally sucks, and I know I'm not alone. Seems that all I can do is try to sprinkle as many (genuine) contagious laughs and smiles in with my far-too-obvious blues, hoping I won't drag everyone I care about down with me. Wow... That was uplifting, right? I'm sure things will turn around for you, Doc. You're a smart feller, you've got family and others who care about you and, perhaps most important of all, you have a great sense of humor. And if none of that works... Smoke some weed  ...Or guzzle booze, if you prefer. I won't judge you.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »
Ah, it's all right. I just needed to vent a little.

Realistically, there was very little on the laptop that isn't saved to svn, mirrored on another machine, or downloadable from the net. Rebuilding the O/S would even be fun if my brain was working just a little bit better, so it's not the end of the world. Meanwhile, we've got the heating going and I even think I'm starting to feel a little better.

Sometimes a chap just needs to let off some steam Thank you to everyone for their patience and good wishes.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 11:00:46 PM »
Glad you're feeling a little better Doc! Been a rough few months for you.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 01:53:58 AM »
Yeah. Every time it looks like I'm puling clear - BAM!

Still, mustn't grumble - I did that bit already. We're just going to have to bunker down and make the best of it. :)

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 04:47:51 AM »
Well, I will spend whole xmas working overtime. That coupled with some weird family affairs (Wtfffff**ck) make me feel like it's not christmas. Hehehe, it's like... I don't know, as if Jesus child won't be born this year.  :D

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »
:P dude... Holiday pay.  The big fat paycheck at the end will be your christmas present.