Author Topic: Active Girls List(Last Updated: 08/05/11)  (Read 88284 times)

Offline fires_flair

Re: Active Girls List(Last Updated: 08/05/11)
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 11:50:16 PM »
agree. though you should still check out every file anyways, just in case (especially if you're paranoid about loli content)

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Active Girls List(Last Updated: 07/01/11)
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2011, 04:46:17 AM »
No kidding... I used Active Girls List as "Base" for my Image updates.

I did as well, so much easier than searching the site and downloading every pack the girl 'might' be in.

It is easy to handle "Multiple" links as long as you sort girls by show, if two people make Naruto Show pack, you just post Naruto By Mod "1" and Naruto By Mod "2" but that does not happen very often... If anyone wants to make a specific girl mod (Like I did for Hinata) we can just reference to the specific Naruto pack in the Active Girls List to use it with.

In fact, I did not see a single complete show that was offered by two people! Image Update packs were never listed in Active Girls List and if someone is not happy with the amount/quality of images for their favourite characters, search button in Mod Section can be used to find more.

The main problem here is that if a newcomer wants to get WM and a pack for DBZ, Naruto, Bleach and Oh My Goddess! (For example) they now have to download sh!tloads of data instead of a couple of dedicated files and I personally think that it sucks... If Lafate did not post all packs sorted by shows, I would have never made a single girl/show pack or image pack for WM cause I hate working in an environment that is a mess and that is a state that it is back to now...

All I can say is that I agree.

I don't know how many people objected, but I had no problem with it, and have no problem with my packs being included in the future (I don't know why people would).

That's almost word for word on my opinion, and it really annoys me because:

I picture it this way:

1) Anderson writes a book.
2) Disney rips off Anderson's work.
3) Artists rip off Disney's work.
4) Mod rips off Artist's work to make a "Little Mermaid" pack. ---> Ends here for me  :)
5) Mod "objects" to someone "recataloging his work" after ripping off a ripoff of a ripoff...  ???

Puts a whole new meaning to a word hypocrite doesn't it... Active Girls List with all download links should be restored.

I know I'm basically regurgitating things that were already said, but I'm trying to help push this point.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Claytod

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:19 PM »
Again I loved it when this list was up. The guy's not taking credit for making these packs. He taking credit for ORGANIZING those packs into shows and categories. We should be encouraging organization, not making it seem like ripping off some creators works..

Offline Cappy

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
Oh geez, I wish the download links where still there, I can't find any of the threads myself, and I'm struggling to find the rars for the pokemon girls, there was three rars in a pack , and I'm missing the second one.

I'm pretty much never going to find it now, unless the links are restored. Whoever opted for this to happen, I certainly hope you're happy, you've inconvenienced a lot of people.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
Didn't realize how many people wanted the links.... Well I guess I'll reconsider taking them down, and reupload the packs minus the mod devs that don't want their work posted here.

EDIT: except this time making sure there are no doubles, and making sure every pack works.

@Xela

The reason it's listed as classic cartoons is because the girls that do go there are from extremely old shows (normally these shows appear on boomerang). If you truly feel they deserve a different title I'll do it. I believe most of them fit under disney/cartoon network anyway.

@cappy

I believe my pokemon girl pack does include all active pokemon girls In the game so I hope that will help.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:09:52 PM by Lafate »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »
@Xela

The reason it's listed as classic cartoons is because the girls that do go there are from extremely old shows (normally these shows appear on boomerang).

I figured while reading your own thread that you are not a big fan of western animations but this is a general thread so please keep your preferences out of it. There is a lot of ancient anime that is not listed as "Classic Anime" in the list.

@Xela

If you truly feel they deserve a different title I'll do it.
Please do. I would really apriciate if you did at least with the packs I've made, it will prolly be less work as well since you can simply copy/paste texts/links from my thread.

@Xela

I believe most of them fit under disney/cartoon network anyway.

Here you go discriminating western toons again :(  The beauty of Active Girls List is that all characters are sorted in packs and by shows. If you want to sort all Belle/Jasmine/Ariel/Judy Jetson etc. characters under Disney/CN than unless you discriminate, you should also sort 30 - 40% of Anime characters under Animax. Same thing with Marvel girls actually (but since those do not come from my packs I cannot insist), if you put all Marvel girls under Marvel, you should put around 20% of Anime packs under Weekly Shōnen Jump, creating a bloody mess...

Simply said, in order not to have these useless conversations, it would be prudent to simply sort all characters by their shows so noone can complain. *Except for mods that do but we can simply remake all packs done by them just as well as individual girls that might have been done by them but make parts of shows that were shared by more than one mod...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
Didn't realize how many people wanted the links....

Most people take ease of use and convenience over a mess and hard oOr at least annoying) work any day. People wanting those links should hardly be a surprise  :D

EDIT: except this time making sure there are no doubles, and making sure every pack works.

Actually you also have to convert all files to Jpeg (Lots of .png/gif/bmp in the mix), delete a number of .ani files, make sure all files in "Preg" category are named properly as well as making sure that some girl folders have the same names as girlx files (Usually the case but there are around 5 girls that have a space in the girlsx file after the name and that defaults the girls to default images) and get rid of all doubles (If you have time, post a number of pics per individual girl in a pack so it is easier to know what you're downloading (but that obviously should not be a priority))

Tell us if you need any help with any of the above. Most mods would have all of your files (Unzipped thou) also some of my own are a bit different since I've originally sorted everything out myself, I still tried to convert all I could to your list so making image packs would be easier and most girls from Active Girls List in my WM folder are already fixed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lafate

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
Here you go discriminating western toons again :(  The beauty of Active Girls List is that all characters are sorted in packs and by shows. If you want to sort all Belle/Jasmine/Ariel/Judy Jetson etc. characters under Disney/CN than unless you discriminate, you should also sort 30 - 40% of Anime characters under Animax. Same thing with Marvel girls actually (but since those do not come from my packs I cannot insist), if you put all Marvel girls under Marvel, you should put around 20% of Anime packs under Weekly Shōnen Jump, creating a bloody mess...

I did list the DC universe girls and Marvel girls under those titles. I'll fix the list to put them under their shows when I'm updating to read the links.

I would actually be a great help if someone could make all the .girlx files as that is what took me the longest last time.

Actually nevermind I didn't merge them into one great big file for myself this time so it should be easy to do this once I get started.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »

I did list the DC universe girls and Marvel girls under those titles. I'll fix the list to put them under their shows when I'm updating to read the links.

I would actually be a great help if someone could make all the .girlx files as that is what took me the longest last time.

Actually nevermind I didn't merge them into one great big file for myself this time so it should be easy to do this once I get started.

Most of these files are yours but some might have slight edits (Like Kushina U instead of Kushina Uzumaki in Naruto, but that is the case with just a couple of girls). Since I am on my laptop far from home at the moment, some girls might be missing but it should help you in case you've completely deleted all of your files from harddrive and media fire.

Touhou is incomplete since I never downloaded the update and never used the pack but you can just use links/texts from the one in the "Touhou" thread.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:59:29 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
I have one little request. when you do the packs, if you notice there are a lot of loli characters, could you mention it. (not a must, nor would I personally get pissed if some were missed, but it would make it easier to avoid dling /sort though  un wanted content (and then editing the girl files))

I must say editing the girl files are the most anoying part of the whole thing... made worse since I dl them all at once....

Offline crazy

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
Same thing with Marvel girls actually (but since those do not come from my packs I cannot insist), if you put all Marvel girls under Marvel, you should put around 20% of Anime packs under Weekly Shōnen Jump, creating a bloody mess...
I made the Marvel girls and I personal would just leave them as Marvel.  Why cause in the Marvelverse basic all the girls belong to 2 or more different factions.  Take Jean Grey for instance obvisaly she is a X-men but she is also an Avenger was part of X-Factor and many others.  So which to list her under?  X-Men would be the best choose but take Scarlet Witch for example who is an X-Men but is best know for being an Avenger.  So what do you put her under?  DC is the same way.  Now this is just my opinion so do what you feel like doing.  That said when I go to update them here soon I will still list them as Marvel girls not that it would be hard to just get the pics but hey just letting people know.  (I also plan to add a few new girls to them like X-23 very soon)

Offline Claytod

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:08 AM »
I made the Marvel girls and I personal would just leave them as Marvel.  Why cause in the Marvelverse basic all the girls belong to 2 or more different factions.  Take Jean Grey for instance obvisaly she is a X-men but she is also an Avenger was part of X-Factor and many others.  So which to list her under?  X-Men would be the best choose but take Scarlet Witch for example who is an X-Men but is best know for being an Avenger.  So what do you put her under?  DC is the same way.  Now this is just my opinion so do what you feel like doing.  That said when I go to update them here soon I will still list them as Marvel girls not that it would be hard to just get the pics but hey just letting people know.  (I also plan to add a few new girls to them like X-23 very soon)
Interesting, because of x-men evolution, I think of the scarlet witch as an x-men character first. Any way, labels are overrated. Let's get the categorized links back up then we can argue that this girl belongs in a different category, etc.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »

There are hardcalls like that in the Anime as well, some characters tend to travel between different stories. I've said above that I cannot insist about marvel since I am not a mod who make those packs but I would still prefer all characters by the show. Marvel is a particularly hard case so either Lafate makes his own judgement calls or we make a number of packs with detailed explanation how to combine or add them separately or we simply leave all girls under marvel and if somebody wants just X-Men for example, they would have to be inconvenienced by messing with the girlsx file.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lafate

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
Most of these files are yours but some might have slight edits (Like Kushina U instead of Kushina Uzumaki in Naruto, but that is the case with just a couple of girls). Since I am on my laptop far from home at the moment, some girls might be missing but it should help you in case you've completely deleted all of your files from harddrive and media fire.

Touhou is incomplete since I never downloaded the update and never used the pack but you can just use links/texts from the one in the "Touhou" thread.

I believe I have ever pack from ever mod dev downloaded and in my game currently so ya.

I have one little request. when you do the packs, if you notice there are a lot of loli characters, could you mention it. (not a must, nor would I personally get pissed if some were missed, but it would make it easier to avoid dling /sort though  un wanted content (and then editing the girl files))

I must say editing the girl files are the most anoying part of the whole thing... made worse since I dl them all at once....

Sure thing!

Update for  the links: Currrently working on someone for a different game. That shouldn't take more then few hours though. After that I'll be finishing the packs I'm currently working on (dynasty warriors, and a random girls pack). Then getting the links back up is my prio.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:30:45 PM by Lafate »

Offline doombringer

« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »
when the link will be ready? and with DW char too