Author Topic: Downloaded the v1.30.4 update. Now get "...has stopped working." error on start.  (Read 6653 times)

Offline xgkf

It worked before I updated it, so I don't know what the problem could be.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
What version were you previously running? Have you installed the VC++2010 redistributable package which is linked to in the download topic?

Offline xgkf

I was using the 1.30.3 version, and yes, I have the VC++2010 package installed (needed it to play v1.30.3).

Did I do something wrong when applying the update, maybe? I just unzipped the files into my existing Whore Master folder (named "Whore Master 1.30.3"), overwriting whatever it asked me too, then re-named the folder to "Whore Master 1.30.4" (so I could keep track of the version I have).

Offline Uriel

Ok, where's the link 1.30.4? Or is it some kind of closed beta?

Offline xgkf

Offline Uriel

I totally forgot that 593 is a 1.30.4...  ::)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
I was using the 1.30.3 version, and yes, I have the VC++2010 package installed (needed it to play v1.30.3).

Did I do something wrong when applying the update, maybe? I just unzipped the files into my existing Whore Master folder (named "Whore Master 1.30.3"), overwriting whatever it asked me too, then re-named the folder to "Whore Master 1.30.4" (so I could keep track of the version I have).

That should have worked. Can you post the contents of your gamelog.txt file? You can actually just attach the file to a post.

Offline xgkf

That should have worked. Can you post the contents of your gamelog.txt file? You can actually just attach the file to a post.

Sure. Here ya' go. *attached*

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Comparing that against a successful log, the very next line is it loading the House Percentage slider control for the Girl Details screen. My guess is that you're somehow missing the slider images which have been present for several versions (back to 1.30.1 at least). The slider images are in \Resources\Images\, 5 images with names starting with "Slider".
Otherwise, your Girl Details screen definition file at \Resources\Interface\girl_details_screen.xml is probably messed up.

If neither of those seems to be the case, can you try a fresh install of 1.30.4?

[EDIT]
For reference, I've personally tested installing 1.30.1 (r450), installing the 1.30.3 (r485) update, and then installing the 1.30.4 (r593) update, and it worked fine. Though, I did notice that the Intro.lua script is missing there, so you get no intro when starting a new game. That file is present in the full download of 1.30.4 (r593), though; we'll have to remember to include it in the next update for those who have taken the upgrade path rather than a fresh install of r593.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:19:21 PM by Dagoth »

Offline xgkf

Yeah, I seem to be missing the "slider" images somehow (not sure if they were there before, never paid attention). I downloaded the full 1.30.4 last night and it works fine, so I'm not too concerned about it. Thanks, and hopefully I helped out too, in some way. :)

Edit:
Just to confirm, the missing "slider" images were indeed the problem. I copied them from the full v1.30.4 install file into the one I only updated and it works fine now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:40:25 PM by xgkf »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
The official releases have those files included, at least as far back as 1.30.1 for sure.

I do seem to recall someone else posting about a problem with sliders not being shown for them (though it wasn't crashing their game), but it turned out they were running a custom girl pack which included a full game package rather than just the girls, and the problem was solely with that package rather than the official download.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:17:49 PM by Dagoth »

Offline xgkf

That's probably what happened with mine too, then. I wasn't originally running an official download of the game, but instead one that came with a girls pack (which I just assumed was the same as the official release), so that was probably the cause of the issue.