devolution

Author Topic: "Mad Libs"  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Goodwytch

"Mad Libs"
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »
First off, let me say that I love the "Mad Libs" effect that extremely popular/skilled girls get from clients. 
Also, if this has been posted/explained somewhere else then I apologise, but I didn't see it anywhere.

On to my question!

How would I go about expanding/modifying the list?  I don't know where the information is stored and I'm willing to admit I'm illiterate enough (with regards to programming) that I'm more likely to break something looking on my own.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance!  :)

P.S.  When (if ever) will be seeing a compilation of all the new work that's been done on WM?  I've read a lot of great ideas on the forum but I'm not sure how much, if any, of it is implimented in the latest version(s).

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:49:47 PM by Goodwytch »

Offline trex

• Donator
Re: "Mad Libs"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:23:23 AM »
Necno (Creator, Forum owner) is working on Birthright, and with study and work commitments, is no longer working on WM.

Docclox is another major contributor working on other games as well has his own creations, but has stated that around August he'll increase activity on WM.

Other Devs, IDK but from what I see around here, are not working on the game further, so there won't be any additions realistically at all.

Fixing bugs and maybe expanding on things not fully implemented in game but still there might still be worked on though.

Mad Libs? Libido? The nymphomania trait? Are traits picked up from the first 4 level increases always from a small pool? (Like charming, Quick Feet (or something in that order), Nymphomania ect)

Adding traits is not possible, and I don't think they'll be adding more in either.

Offline Goodwytch

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »
I wasn't clear.  The most recent patch includes variable text for sex events if a girl is very skilled/popular.  I was looking for a way to expand or modify the text of those events.  I'd like to fool around with adding more etc.

And of course, now I can't find the thread where the patch that does it is located...argh!

Anyway, I was just looking for some advice on changing those messages is all.  I don't want to mess with things that I'm not totally familiar with.  Murphy's Law and all that.

AH HA!  Found it!

* High-quality sex acts (from skilled girls) now often give flavorful mad-libs style turn summary descriptions

Reply #3 in this thread:

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=417.0

About halfway down the list of changes.

That was the thing that I was asking about!  Hurrah!  Any advice on how to add to/modify that would be most welcome!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:45:05 PM by Goodwytch »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
If you mean what I think you mean, you'll need to add them to the source code:

You want cGirls::GetRandomSexString in cGirls.cpp.

I did a rough cut of what we'd need to write an XML format for the messages.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=694.msg12126#msg12126

But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
Those things, yeah I actually started to read through them, and they quite good. Sometimes you get something that is just way off, but now I'm actually reading them, it's a small price. The only thing is I don't know sometimes what a girl has actually done with the customer as the pics are sometimes vague and so is the description.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
the pictuare are really just a bunch of pictures, categorized into the ~7 categories at the creator's discretion. they have no meaning on the text at all (beyond the category, and then only if the girl has all the categories)

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 02:52:16 AM »
Yeah, that's what I meant, some are hard to distinguish because of missing categories, so the pics displayed are any random category, and thus sometimes its indistinguishable of what actual sexual activity happened.

Doesn't matter much, just being pedantic ;)

Offline Goodwytch

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
If you mean what I think you mean, you'll need to add them to the source code:

You want cGirls::GetRandomSexString in cGirls.cpp.

I did a rough cut of what we'd need to write an XML format for the messages.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=694.msg12126#msg12126

But I don't see that happening any time soon.

That is what I was looking for thanks! 

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
I like the act descriptions "Mad Libs," and if the game is furthered would like to see more. It's rare that a game like this can give me a good laugh. Most h-games these days are the opposite and so brutally vulgar in description that I just outright delete/toss it. Recently I came across some slave based game (can't recall the name so can't offer a warning :( ) that within 10 minutes was so bad I think the creator may actually need some sort of mental help.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.