devolution

Author Topic: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-  (Read 125460 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: -Xela's PyTFall/WM/Alkion Thread-
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:06 AM »
Hey boss, I was going through the game files when I stumbled into

game\db\buildings.xml

apparently, it had a building called "House on outskirts", between the small house and house in city. I noticed the ID for it was 3, which is the same as the city one. So I went ahead and changed it accordingly. (set it to 3, changed city to 4, mansion to 5, etc) I saved it and restarted the game, it appears to work. (basic testing)

Now there are 7 buildings in the list.

Roflmao

I copied that from the original SimBro I think... and couldn't figure out why I got 6 buildings instead of 7.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
I just want to take a minute to tell you guys how awesome the project you are working on is.

Because, despite its (pre-alpha) version, it runs smoother, looks better, has a fighting engine?!1, and if all it takes to add generic girls and edit buildings is a little xml data file and a folder with pictures in it .... I'd say this is the best attempt at a remake sim brothel/WM/girl collecting H combined game I've seen to date.

Not to mention, it runs with a very easy to pick up type language.

Keep up the good work, folks. Your efforts will most definitely be appreciated.

In the meantime, I think I'll grab that renpy and check out what's under the hood of this bad boy.
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »
I just want to take a minute to tell you guys how awesome the project you are working on is.

Because, despite its (pre-alpha) version, it runs smoother, looks better, has a fighting engine?!1, and if all it takes to add generic girls and edit buildings is a little xml data file and a folder with pictures in it .... I'd say this is the best attempt at a remake sim brothel/WM/girl collecting H combined game I've seen to date.

Not to mention, it runs with a very easy to pick up type language.

Keep up the good work, folks. Your efforts will most definitely be appreciated.

In the meantime, I think I'll grab that renpy and check out what's under the hood of this bad boy.

LoL

Thanks, we have a pretty cohesive team and slowly but steadily adding to code and content. If time allows and we manage to handle this project well, it has potential to become a very decent game!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
Well, turns out that was a bit of an effort in futility.

The only files I had access to were the common files (probably not a good idea to mess with) and the tifa script. So, I went through the tifa script, it seems straight forward enough.

*Before I go through it, I'd like to note here that you devs may already know about the issues, but I felt I'd go over them for reiteration's sake.

I could only see a couple things that would confuse future scripters.  Since I didn't have access to any of the other files, obviously I wouldn't know what some of the other variable names that had been previously used.

In other words,
Code: [Select]
    hide screen pyt_city_plaza
there's no way a scripter could know this prior to making their script. Also, assuming future scripts will be done for multiple locations (not just the plaza), is it possible for there to be a generic variable for this? (maybe there is and I just don't know it yet)

Hopefully, we'll eventually get a list of variables that scripters might need to know.

And of course, I'd love to start messing with the battle stuff, but unfortunately I have no idea where
    jump tifa_battle_scenarioleads to.

And yes, I did notice the comments at the top that said the unique event hasn't been implemented yet and you're currently using a work around.

But I look forward to being able to do more things then edit the xml files and tifa's dialogue.
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2013, 06:03:55 AM »
Well, turns out that was a bit of an effort in futility.

The only files I had access to were the common files (probably not a good idea to mess with) and the tifa script. So, I went through the tifa script, it seems straight forward enough.

*Before I go through it, I'd like to note here that you devs may already know about the issues, but I felt I'd go over them for reiteration's sake.

I could only see a couple things that would confuse future scripters.  Since I didn't have access to any of the other files, obviously I wouldn't know what some of the other variable names that had been previously used.

In other words,
    hide screen pyt_city_plaza
there's no way a scripter could know this prior to making their script. Also, assuming future scripts will be done for multiple locations (not just the plaza), is it possible for there to be a generic variable for this? (maybe there is and I just don't know it yet)

Hopefully, we'll eventually get a list of variables that scripters might need to know.

Tifa's quest is supposed to show some of the capabilities of framework and game, show a level of complexity and if someone's interested and capable with some time on their hands, either join the dev team or just write events to be added later.

After I get around to coding in modding capabilities, screens will be hidden (whenever possible) before modder takes over the gameflow.

It is not likely possible to create a list of all variables in the game, but I will make a list of relevant variables for modding guide when code matures to the point where it makes sense to write one.

And of course, I'd love to start messing with the battle stuff, but unfortunately I have no idea where
    jump tifa_battle_scenarioleads to.

Leads to battle scenario, it's fairly straight forward as well but should be outside of a scope for a modder until I get around to writing a bridge function between game and battle engine that would make it simpler.

And yes, I did notice the comments at the top that said the unique event hasn't been implemented yet and you're currently using a work around.

Most of the issues you've raised will be addressed after unique and replacement of generic events/interactions will be implemented.

But I look forward to being able to do more things then edit the xml files and tifa's dialogue.

Game is open source but I see no point in releasing script files of main game elements instead of bitcode ones because:

1) Anyone who can make significant improvements without consulting dev team would know how to convert bitcode into script.

2) Anyone who has time + skill to contribute would be better off joining dev team and work on the game as a part of common effort, I would prefer 'Slavemaker' approach to 'WM' approach making all worthy mods/packs part of the game (to be downloaded as a whole or as separate packages). That way it would be possible to keep game elements in check and make sure mods do not fail and being maintained as game itself expands.

3) Another concern is also the ease of moddibility and code readability. Lets say someone doesn't like one small aspect of the game, finds where to change that and throws modified file in the forum (in many places that would require just a bit of whit and maybe basic understanding of programming), 10 - 20 people download that and use it in game, we release a patch with new features where that file is not being upgraded or we release bitcode version that edited script version will override. 10 - 20 people who may by then have forgotten about the small mod might get an impossible to trace bug that will take forever to figure out.
Like what we're doing?

Offline AkiraTepes

« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but with your WM:EX torrent the game is missing several parts of the interfaces. For example: gangs can no longer guard, kidnap, or explore the catacombs; in brothel setup you can only enable/disable acts, buys anti-preg potions, and add rooms.

Though I really like what has been done with the girls setup: the new stats and how the girl management screen looks.

Thanks for your hard work.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:05 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but with your WM:EX torrent the game is missing several parts of the interfaces. For example: gangs can no longer guard, kidnap, or explore the catacombs; in brothel setup you can only enable/disable acts, buys anti-preg potions, and add rooms.

Though I really like what has been done with the girls setup: the new stats and how the girl management screen looks.

Thanks for your hard work.

Future designed WM EX. I am just hosting it.  Gangs are missing by design by the way.
Like what we're doing?

Offline AkiraTepes

« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
My apologies. I didn't know that about the gangs. I really like what you're doing with your project and am looking forward to what you do with it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
- PyTFall - PreAlpha 0.29
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »
New items system is added to replace the old one and a lot of new but still inactive code that is completely useless at the moment :)

Link in the front thread.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »
Good update guys. Looks solid.
Only from the battle with Tifa, the files still point to old locations of the pictures.

It used to be in the root/gfx dir, now they are in the content/gfx/bg/ be and locations dir.
In the source file pyt_tifa_meet.rpy the following should be changed:
image bg tifa_plaza = "gfx/bg/city_plaza.jpg"
image bg tifa_forest = "gfx/bg/forest_bg_1.jpg"
image bg tifa_nature = "gfx/bg/battle_nature_1.jpg"

To:
image bg tifa_plaza = "content/gfx/bg/locations/city_plaza.jpg"
image bg tifa_forest = "content/gfx/bg/locations/forest_bg_1.jpg"
image bg tifa_nature = "content/gfx/bg/be/battle_nature_1.jpg"

A sweet project you started. I'm programming my own renpy game together with a friend.
Should you have questions about the renpy side of things, let me. I probably have an example code for a lot of issues...

Just pm me here.

Good progging.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »
Good update guys. Looks solid.
Only from the battle with Tifa, the files still point to old locations of the pictures.

It used to be in the root/gfx dir, now they are in the content/gfx/bg/ be and locations dir.
In the source file pyt_tifa_meet.rpy the following should be changed:
image bg tifa_plaza = "gfx/bg/city_plaza.jpg"
image bg tifa_forest = "gfx/bg/forest_bg_1.jpg"
image bg tifa_nature = "gfx/bg/battle_nature_1.jpg"

To:
image bg tifa_plaza = "content/gfx/bg/locations/city_plaza.jpg"
image bg tifa_forest = "content/gfx/bg/locations/forest_bg_1.jpg"
image bg tifa_nature = "content/gfx/bg/be/battle_nature_1.jpg"

A sweet project you started. I'm programming my own renpy game together with a friend.
Should you have questions about the renpy side of things, let me. I probably have an example code for a lot of issues...

Just pm me here.

Good progging.

Thanks,  I'll keep that in mind.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Zurral

Re: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2014, 11:32:35 PM »
Is the torrent still seeding ?
Since i always got "Connecting to peers" message

Offline Dr_Poke

Re: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2014, 03:19:44 AM »
Probably not as most people run Crazy's mod.