devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 481081 times)

Offline Konata

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Wow, haven't been there for almost half year.
Great job with this EX, my congratulations. Now, as a strategy, game beats Slave Maker 3.
But! First, it definetely lacks RPG part. I mean, skills, characteristics, deegres of traits and so on. Second, brothel (structure) is still static. What if player could by and unlock upgrades, like alchemy lab, furniture, armory, for example? Third - relationship between girls. Some of them come from similiar anime, so, why they shouldn't be enemies, friends, or one battle team?
Of course, it WILL be hard to code, but interesting to implement and see in game.

Offline Jasuke

« Reply #436 on: December 30, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
I don't know I have tried playing the ex version but there seems to be no guard mode for the gangs... is that a glitch or maybe its there to make it impossible to defend?

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #437 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
You now need to allocate girls to Security to protect the brothel.

Offline rezo

« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
You now need to allocate girls to Security to protect the brothel.

when they train dont they also guard? cause ive had 'my goons' help me brand girls in the dungeon when they are 'training' when the girl tries to escape. but when they are doing something else the girl either defeats me and leaves or submits but it never mentions goons

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #439 on: January 01, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »
As far as I know they don't. It's probably wrong message/script left from original wm. In wm ex only security girls can guard brothels and help in the dungeon.

Offline rezo

« Reply #440 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:01 AM »
may have been one of my security girls but old text showed up instead like you said

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
dont know if this has already been mentioned, girls dont seem to get any exp from working at all, so they never level up

also, you still have that stupid "joke text" on, so when a girl reaches lvl 4 at a skill (i used the editer to make it happen) you get comments about how she is going to be a pokemon master or something stupid.

whos fucking stupid idea was that anyway? that was part of the reason i stopped playing WM in the first place

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »
also, something is wrong with the combat stats, i noticed that none of the girls have over 20, and considering some of them are ninja and stuff i decided to change this,

boosted one up to about 50 with the editer, tried to start a new game, the girl in question had the new traits i selected, but only 20 combat skill, when i open her girlsx file it says she should have 50,

is something limiting this?

also, her magic says it should be 23 in the girlsx file, but ingame it is 0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:21:25 PM by iamnuff »

Offline dmb5555

« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
also, something is wrong with the combat stats, i noticed that none of the girls have over 20, and considering some of them are ninja and stuff i decided to change this,

boosted one up to about 50 with the editer, tried to start a new game, the girl in question had the new traits i selected, but only 20 combat skill, when i open her girlsx file it says she should have 50,

is something limiting this?

also, her magic says it should be 23 in the girlsx file, but ingame it is 0

Yeah traits set base stats for girls, then they made items more important for raising stats.  This is from the first page.

8. Items are very very important if you want stats. I strongly recommend sending several good fighters to explore the catacombs at all times to gather items. Gangs can't do it. The default settings I packed the game with will automatically equip your girls, so all you really need to do is gather them.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Yeah traits set base stats for girls, then they made items more important for raising stats.  This is from the first page.

8. Items are very very important if you want stats. I strongly recommend sending several good fighters to explore the catacombs at all times to gather items. Gangs can't do it. The default settings I packed the game with will automatically equip your girls, so all you really need to do is gather them.

i read that, it still doesn't change anything.

if i edit the girls base girlx file to have 90 combat skill, when i load it she should have 90 combat skill, not 20.

unless the base skills in the girlsx file don't do anything anymore, if so then please say so.

nothing in the first post said anything about her combat stats not having any effect anymore.

and you cant explore the catacombs, because none of the girls have more than 20 combat skill, meaning they get hurt the first time you send them out.

guess its time for me to edit some item stats to give combat then i guess... (that does still work, right?)

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
this edition has a cap on the stats, so they can't go higher until they level up.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #446 on: January 15, 2012, 05:14:26 AM »
but the girls DONT level up. seemingly ever

Offline Uriel

« Reply #447 on: January 15, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
but the girls DONT level up. seemingly ever
I've got level 18 COS-MOS, not mentioning other gals. You are definitely wrong here.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #448 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »
Actually, only traits and items can rise girls skills. Girls can obtain new traits (or lose 'em) depending on their current work when they level up. And yes, they _do_ level up.
So if you want to change their battle skills, add a couple of battle traits like Adventurer or Assassin.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
huh, well, none of my girls are getting any exp at all, for some reason nobody is visiting the brothel anymore, (just when i had unlocked a new job too) gone from about 50 visiters a shift to about 10, and it doesnt seem to be going up again, then my game crashed, so i reloaded, and it crashed again. every time i try to move to the next week.